Carolina Panthers 2024 Tracking Thread

Moses Moreno

Liked Posts:
Carolina has $48,105,708 million in dead cap space in 2023, $22,719,306 available cap space with $12,645,656 of that allotted to the 2023 Draft Class giving them a little less than $10M available to spend in free agency.

Their skill position players of note are Terrace Marshall, Laviska Shenault and Chubba Hubbard and they're transitioning from a 4-3 defense to a 3-4.

They're getting the 2nd place schedule next year, meaning they'll face the Cowboys and Seahawks along with the NFC North and AFC South + the Miami Dolphins in Miami to round out their schedule.

bear4life21

ChiCitySports Newb
Liked Posts:
I find it absolutely hilarious that we already have a 2024 Carolina Panther tracker thread up and running. Thank you Moses for thinking of this. Hoping that this thread gets stickied as an easy resource to stay up to date on the Panthers current events.

The Panthers have limited resources and are switching from a 4-3 to a 3-4. I remember how hard it was for our Bears to do that. We had a massive turnover and took us a few years to get the pieces in place. Could we legitimately be looking at a really good 1st round pick from Carolina in 2024? I tend to think so. LFG!!

Montucky

Liked Posts:
They have a very good defensive roster and I doubt they will all forget how to play football going to a 3-4. The problem with the Bears when they made the switch was that they had total garbage defensively.

Moses Moreno

Liked Posts:
Their defense is legit and division blows.
Terrace Marshall is their leading returning receiver with 28 catches.

Their DC - Ejiro Evero benefited from a DC that Vic Fangio built up in Denver, building the whole system yourself is a bit different and it's not like Frank Reich built awesome offenses in Indy.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Unfortunately the NFC South sucks and the Panthers get to play the AFC South next year who also sucks. Then they get to play our division the NFC North which isn't very good either with Rodgers likely gone. I'm a little concerned. Gotta hope the Panthers don't select future NFL star, Bryce Young.

NorcalBear

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Unfortunately the NFC South sucks and the Panthers get to play the AFC South next year who also sucks. Then they get to play our division the NFC North which isn't very good either with Rodgers likely gone. I'm a little concerned. Gotta hope the Panthers don't select future NFL star, Bryce Young.
The good news is if they finish tied with a bunch of teams, they (we) will have a better draft pick due to a weaker SOS.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Their defense is legit and division blows.
If it was legit, why switch it up big time? Why not get DEF coaches whose scheme fits the roster and current success!?
Regression seems to be coming for their DEF one would assume?

Andy Fucking Dalton baby! Draft Richardson you damn fools.

I was figuring on LV Raiders to go for Richardson at 7, having signed Jimmy G as their stop-gap QB for a year or 2; but maybe CAR does the deed dirty for Richardson's upside!?? ? If so, maybe they swap with HOU or INDY like we were pining for. ?‍♂️

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
...this thread will be changed from Tracking to TANKING.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
...this thread will be changed from Tracking to TANKING.
With your track record the Panthers are on the verge of winning the Super Bowl.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Andy Dalton took a hapless, injured, cap constrained Saints team to seven wins. He can probably do the same with the Panthers who easily have one of the ten best defenses in the NFL.