Caught part of the press conference and now I know why pace and Nagy got along well

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
The main impression I get from coach Nagy is that this is an aggressive coach.

The way Ryan Pace attacked the draft to get trubisky and the coaching search to get Nagy, that seems to fit with Coach nagy's personality.

I think whatever happens this next season, we should be prepared to see a very aggressive offense and defense.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Pace, Nagy, Trubisky all seem to be high on each other and have similar personalities. We’ve never had such a joined up structure in the three most important positions in the organisation before. Should be productive.

Pace and Naggy seem to have VERY similar personalities. It's weird, like watching two old college buddies or something. Don't know if that's good or bad but it's obvious right off the bat why they get along.

cbo0485

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pace, Nagy, Trubisky all seem to be high on each other and have similar personalities. We’ve never had such a joined up structure in the three most important positions in the organisation before. Should be productive.

It's either going to be extremely productive or extremely disastrous. I'm really hoping for the former.

BearbaFett

Liked Posts:
of course you like it, teddy

22280128_369689876801281_5666219129477005312_n.jpg

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
It's either going to be extremely productive or extremely disastrous. I'm really hoping for the former.
Long term successful organizations have a structure like this. You want 3 guys in these spots cut from the same cloth.

Then you just have to hope you got the RIGHT guys.

But kudos to the Bears. Finally running theirorganization like a 21st century NFL franchise.

cbo0485

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Long term successful organizations have a structure like this. You want 3 guys in these spots cut from the same cloth.

But kudos to the Bears. Finally running theirorganization like a 21st century NFL franchise.

Yeah, I'm hoping this trio is here for a long time, b/c it could only mean success.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Cautiously optimistic.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
I’m also really hopeful that with Nagy having such a clear scheme will have a big impact on Pace’s productivity in FA. With Loggains, it was quite nebulous what sort of players he wanted.

For me this is a home run hire based on everything I’m reading, watching and the fact that guys I respect like Louis Riddick are really high on him. You can see that young guys will not only respect him but also like him and relate to him personally, which is important.

Now we need to assemble a staff and make shrewd additions in FA. A good week for Pace.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Anybody notice that he looks very much like Alex Smith? Apparently they have never been seen together, which makes you wonder...

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
I couldn’t tell if he was a flaming hot Cheetos or a regular Cheetos guy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BearbaFett

Liked Posts:
Anybody notice that he looks very much like Alex Smith? Apparently they have never been seen together, which makes you wonder...

ooh sorry, we're not accepting alex smith as an acceptable doppleganger suggestion for nagy at this time. the list currently stands as:

cesaro from wwe
jason statham
chris elliot
john smoltz

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
I’m also really hopeful that with Nagy having such a clear scheme will have a big impact on Pace’s productivity in FA. With Loggains, it was quite nebulous what sort of players he wanted.

For me this is a home run hire based on everything I’m reading, watching and the fact that guys I respect like Louis Riddick are really high on him. You can see that young guys will not only respect him but also like him and relate to him personally, which is important.

Now we need to assemble a staff and make shrewd additions in FA. A good week for Pace.
In my opinion, I think Pace knew all along John Fox wasn't his long-term answer. When you look at what was run, Fox did change the culture of the locker room, but there was no organizational philosophy to anything he did.

Frankly, that was one of the reasons why Lovie Smith did pretty well here despite being an average coach: coach Smith had a system that he wanted to run and knew what types of players he wanted in that system.

Just that alone helps a GM and Scouts identify who they should draft. You knew Lovie Smith was about cover 2 and take away the football, with an attacking defense.

Finally having the quarterback and someone who has a system in mind for offense, and having that person be the head coach who can Implement and institutionalize that offense into the organization, that is a huge deal that can lead to long-term organizational stability and success.

It will give the Bears an identity, which post Halas they have not had save for the Buddy Ryan 46 defense bears and the Lovie Smith cover two bears.

Also of key importance is that because this is on the offensive side of the ball, whenever Mitch retires, and of course all this given that the trio of Nagy pace and Mitch were successful, it will also give the Bears is sharper idea on what type of quarterback to draft when it comes time to replace him ( hopefully very far down the road ).

Having that will allow for better quarterback evaluations since you are not just looking at the quarterbacks measurables but also how he would fit into your system.

This is what the beginning of long-term sustained success looks like. I credit pace for not getting us locked into long-term free agent contracts, so that he would have maximum flexibility for this moment.

That being said, now that and identity will take shape at Halas Hall, I expect free agency to be very different this year.

Media will lie or be stupid enough to believe that it's because pace is afraid for his job. The reality is, now they have an organizational Direction. Therefore it is going to be much easier to commit multi your contracts in free agency to those who fit the long-term organizational plan and structure.

Ryan Pace was biding his time until this moment. Now we will really see the real full Ryan pace. Whatever happens this offseason in free agency and in the draft is going to be the new normal from now on.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think it is interesting and actually very commendable and to be appreciated that RYAN PACE chose someone who to anyone actually watching the press conference is obviously an alpha and likely much more confident and commanding than himself. While they are a lot alike I guess I mean they're about the same age and both pretty big guys, NAGY is much more direct and straightforward while PACE can be literally "squirrelly" when asked a question he has not rehearsed for and when he has rehearsed you can tell he has spent actual effort on trying to be perceived to be sincere. Another big difference is how dominating a personality NAGY has in spite of being a bald man, whereas RYAN PACE has a full head of hair and has a personality that is literally pale in comparison or contrast to that of NAGY. There are some other differences I know i will be able to further detail more at a later time but I will need to review the conference tonight or tomorrow to avoid posting observations prematurely before further review.

Dagman310

Liked Posts:
In my opinion, I think Pace knew all along John Fox wasn't his long-term answer. When you look at what was run, Fox did change the culture of the locker room, but there was no organizational philosophy to anything he did.

Frankly, that was one of the reasons why Lovie Smith did pretty well here despite being an average coach: coach Smith had a system that he wanted to run and knew what types of players he wanted in that system.

Just that alone helps a GM and Scouts identify who they should draft. You knew Lovie Smith was about cover 2 and take away the football, with an attacking defense.

Finally having the quarterback and someone who has a system in mind for offense, and having that person be the head coach who can Implement and institutionalize that offense into the organization, that is a huge deal that can lead to long-term organizational stability and success.

It will give the Bears an identity, which post Halas they have not had save for the Buddy Ryan 46 defense bears and the Lovie Smith cover two bears.

Also of key importance is that because this is on the offensive side of the ball, whenever Mitch retires, and of course all this given that the trio of Nagy pace and Mitch were successful, it will also give the Bears is sharper idea on what type of quarterback to draft when it comes time to replace him ( hopefully very far down the road ).

Having that will allow for better quarterback evaluations since you are not just looking at the quarterbacks measurables but also how he would fit into your system.

This is what the beginning of long-term sustained success looks like. I credit pace for not getting us locked into long-term free agent contracts, so that he would have maximum flexibility for this moment.

That being said, now that and identity will take shape at Halas Hall, I expect free agency to be very different this year.

Media will lie or be stupid enough to believe that it's because pace is afraid for his job. The reality is, now they have an organizational Direction. Therefore it is going to be much easier to commit multi your contracts in free agency to those who fit the long-term organizational plan and structure.

Ryan Pace was biding his time until this moment. Now we will really see the real full Ryan pace. Whatever happens this offseason in free agency and in the draft is going to be the new normal from now on.

I like the way you put this. It is very true, I think now we are seeing it start to come together as far as the Identity/Direction of the team. This will be an interesting offseason.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I like the way you put this. It is very true, I think now we are seeing it start to come together as far as the Identity/Direction of the team. This will be an interesting offseason.

I'm not so inclined to feel like I should be very impressed that the start of "long term success" literally took three years to actually commence but some people who are likely ignoramuses will probably disagree with me and attempt to make me feel ignorant but perhaps I have a different sense of urgency when it comes to starting a project or new hobby or 4 or 5 new jobs, probably comes from my mom's ex boyfriend who always said "fate literally waits for no man."

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I'm not so inclined to feel like I should be very impressed that the start of "long term success" literally took three years to actually commence but some people who are likely ignoramuses will probably disagree with me and attempt to make me feel ignorant but perhaps I have a different sense of urgency when it comes to starting a project or new hobby or 4 or 5 new jobs, probably comes from my mom's ex boyfriend who always said "fate literally waits for no man."

So close to biting on this one.... so close.

TishLover

Liked Posts:
Pace must been going crazy watching Fox and his Ultra conservative game style. :smug2: