Caught part of the press conference and now I know why pace and Nagy got along well

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
The main impression I get from coach Nagy is that this is an aggressive coach.

The way Ryan Pace attacked the draft to get trubisky and the coaching search to get Nagy, that seems to fit with Coach nagy's personality.

I think whatever happens this next season, we should be prepared to see a very aggressive offense and defense.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

They also both say "he's my guy" a lot . . .

Andy Reid is "Sha Na" Nagy's "guy"? Show some respect for your elders, kid.

All in all however a nice performance for the newbie. The proof will be in the puddin', and the playin'.

One hint from the shoopster, though - you CAN lose Vic! . . .

billwade

Liked Posts:
The main impression I get from coach Nagy is that this is an aggressive coach.

The way Ryan Pace attacked the draft to get trubisky and the coaching search to get Nagy, that seems to fit with Coach nagy's personality.

I think whatever happens this next season, we should be prepared to see a very aggressive offense and defense.

I think we will hear the term "attacked" a lot next year. Both Pace and Nagy really like that word. They're going to "attack" every problem and kick its ass...

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
I think we will hear the term "attacked" a lot next year. Both Pace and Nagy really like that word. They're going to "attack" every problem and kick its ass...
Yup.

I expect the offense and the defense to be very aggressive. That will mean plenty of opportunities for mistakes to be made, but also opportunities for a lot of big play potential.

After year one, I then expect them to figure out how to minimize those mistakes into a form of calculated aggression.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ryan Pace was biding his time until this moment. Now we will really see the real full Ryan pace. Whatever happens this offseason in free agency and in the draft is going to be the new normal from now on.

Oh no you don't . . . Ryan Pace is still 15-and-43, not 0-and-0 . . .

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
So what?

Has NOTHING to do with what I was saying.

You appeared to have been implying we hadn't seen the "real" Ryan Pace before this, as if he was somehow holding back or otherwise hamstrung in compiling the awful record he's amassed to date.

Sure, this looks like a positive day. But this hire doesn't magically cure a franchise that has lost 10 or more games four years in a row. Perspective, 'KFC . . .

AussieBear

nagy didnt seem too keen on trubs.. almost dismissive.. protecting himself for the future i suppose if the trubs is just shit..

hes like pace when he talks...stumbles with his words, but speaks much more faster.. doesnt have the pace/eli durs..

they are both young and white.. thats pretty similar. both grew up playing football..both had to work they way up from the bottom bottom in their nfl professions...... i could see why they get along..... for now

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Long term successful organizations have a structure like this. You want 3 guys in these spots cut from the same cloth.

Then you just have to hope you got the RIGHT guys.

But kudos to the Bears. Finally running theirorganization like a 21st century NFL franchise.

Pace is dragging the Bears into the modern era. That alone is a monumental task. Organizational malaise has been the norm for far too long. I hope this works because they need stability.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Yup.

I expect the offense and the defense to be very aggressive. That will mean plenty of opportunities for mistakes to be made, but also opportunities for a lot of big play potential.

After year one, I then expect them to figure out how to minimize those mistakes into a form of calculated aggression.

in other words... winning football.

oh, and to the guy that posted the list of nagy look alikes, you forgot the dude from the professional.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
You appeared to have been implying we hadn't seen the "real" Ryan Pace before this, as if he was somehow holding back or otherwise hamstrung in compiling the awful record he's amassed to date.

Sure, this looks like a positive day. But this hire doesn't magically cure a franchise that has lost 10 or more games four years in a row. Perspective, 'KFC . . .
What I am implying is not to absolve pace of the previous record but that going forward we are going to see different things out of the front office we hadn't seen before, and it is directly tied to Pace now having his coach and settling on a system by which to build the Bears around.

Hotwheelz24

They See Me Rollin'
Liked Posts:
nagy didnt seem too keen on trubs.. almost dismissive.. protecting himself for the future i suppose if the trubs is just shit..

hes like pace when he talks...stumbles with his words, but speaks much more faster.. doesnt have the pace/eli durs..

they are both young and white.. thats pretty similar. both grew up playing football..both had to work they way up from the bottom bottom in their nfl professions...... i could see why they get along..... for now

Don't take this wrong man, you seem cool but I swear every time I read a post from you I just imagine that scene from the movie Airplane when the old lady has to translate Jive, lol.

Both young, aggressive, progressive and either way they will together reach the top or go down in flames. I think most fans would agree with me in this sense...at LEAST it's different than what we've seen for soooooo long. Drafting a QB 2nd overall was hard for me to believe and now Nagy as our new coach, I'm fking excited.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I do NOT see players jumping off-sides or committing dumbass penalties more than once with Nagy. Seems cool enough, but could blow em up if they screw up with "mental midget moments"

Dagman310

Liked Posts:
I'm not so inclined to feel like I should be very impressed that the start of "long term success" literally took three years to actually commence but some people who are likely ignoramuses will probably disagree with me and attempt to make me feel ignorant but perhaps I have a different sense of urgency when it comes to starting a project or new hobby or 4 or 5 new jobs, probably comes from my mom's ex boyfriend who always said "fate literally waits for no man."
I guess I never take time to read your posts because of your grotesque grammar. Seriously tho, what's your deal? Cause all I can hear in my mind when I read this is those two blonde foreign guys from family guy Tomik & Bellgarde.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
A few thoughts from the press conference:

1) I like Nagy, he seems a like a really good guy.
2) He handled some difficult questions with honesty. I liked his instant and emphatic reply on the play calling and I thought he killed it in relation to the bad KC playoff loss. There was nothing good to come out of that for him, so the best thing is to be really honest and recognise the mistakes to get it right next time. I'm not entirely convinced he did all the play calling but I think he dealt with it in the right way regardless. Any trying to pass on responsibility or pretending it wasn't a disaster would have worried me - learning from bad losses are part of making a coach.
3) Will be nice to have a HC who is focused on winning the game instead of not losing it.
4) I think we all know by now that nice though all the above is, only wins are going to make him a success. He has a massive job and he needs to be a special coach and person to pull it off. Nothing from yesterday put me off, and that's a good start. I'm on his side and I think he'll be a great guy to get behind.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:

“After six hours of being with Mitch, it was unbelievable,” Nagy said. “He did a wonderful job. I thought he’s a hell of a person, I thought he knew football inside and out. It was fun talking ball with him.”

I don't know how you got that impression, he was clearly very excited to work with Trubisky.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
Then honeymoon phase is well underway. People are actually taking press conferences seriously, the “genius” coach comments and the “Pace never sleeps, he attacks” posts are starting.