CCS Mock Draft Chatter

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
Any teams looking to trade down in the 2nd round? These are my picks:

29th pick in round 2 (61st overall)
30th pick in round 3 (94th overall)
18th pick in round 4 (114th overall)

A combined total of 482 points

If I traded all three of these picks for a 2nd round pick, if it's possible I would like to get a 4th round pick as well or a late 3rd round pick.

Snorch

Liked Posts:
Any teams looking to trade down in the 2nd round? These are my picks:

29th pick in round 2 (61st overall)
30th pick in round 3 (94th overall)
18th pick in round 4 (114th overall)

A combined total of 482 points

If I traded all three of these picks for a 2nd round pick, I would like to get a 4th round pick as well or a late 3rd round pick.

I'll give you my second and forth for those, and you can keep the forth

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm looking to trade down, I have available the 38th pick in the 2nd round

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
lmao - he's looking for picks that are similar in point value...since that's all we can trade ;)

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'm willing to move down in the draft with Denver's pick...if anyone's interested...

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
lmao - he's looking for picks that are similar in point value...since that's all we can trade ;)

Someone could just be looking for quantity (more draft picks) over quality(higher pick/points) that's why I asked

Reactions: X

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
With the 25th of the 2014 NFL draft, the San Diego Chargers select: C.J. Mosley ILB - Alabama.

While it is not a need for the San Diego Chargers, by any means, he was the best player available. He'll prove to be an upgrade over Teo from the start. I would have worked out a trade, but I thought it might be rude delaying this draft by trying to receive offers.

[video=youtube;vS7gJ1re93E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vS7gJ1re93E[/video]

San Diego is making no effort to upgrade their ILB's. In fact, they are rarely scouting them right now--its been reported by their beat reporters. Butler & Teo started to come in late in the year for them. Especially Butler. Plenty of holes on this team.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
San Diego is making no effort to upgrade their ILB's. In fact, they are rarely scouting them right now--its been reported by their beat reporters. Butler & Teo started to come in late in the year for them. Especially Butler. Plenty of holes on this team.

Clearly, but a good gm understands these are prospects. Not answers. So you pick the best prospects and hope they are answers. If I'm the Chargers, I'm all in on Michael Bennett. You wanna make your mediocre corners look better, snag him in FA.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Clearly, but a good gm understands these are prospects. Not answers. So you pick the best prospects and hope they are answers. If I'm the Chargers, I'm all in on Michael Bennett. You wanna make your mediocre corners look better, snag him in FA.

You do pick the best prospects. Not arguing that. But you also don't waste a 1st round pick for a marginal upgrade (if that, as some scouts aren't as sold on Mosley) when you have several other positions that are talent-less and need upgrade. D-Line has problems, secondary, O-line...not sure why you think Teo & Butler need an immediate upgrade when they held to Peyton Manning to 28, 17, , and 24 points???

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
You do pick the best prospects. Not arguing that. But you also don't waste a 1st round pick for a marginal upgrade (if that, as some scouts aren't as sold on Mosley) when you have several other positions that are talent-less and need upgrade. D-Line has problems, secondary, O-line...not sure why you think Teo & Butler need an immediate upgrade when they held to Peyton Manning to 28, 17, , and 24 points???

So your argument is i should take the 5th best defensive end or outside linebacker or third best tackle when a top 15 prospect is sitting there at 25? You sound jealous. Move on and get over it. This is not what the NFL draft will look like in May; not even close. On top of that, THIS IS PICKS ONLY! Lets either move this convo to the chat area or PM.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Bearing Down--so much more that team could do than an MLB who isn't an ideal fit for a 3-4. While he could excel in that role, he is best suited for a 4-3. If you plan on moving him to OLB, than it makes sense (or move Butler to OLB, or trading one). But to mention that SD MGMT is ready to move on to a new ILB because of a BPA theory isn't the best path to improving a roster.

Here are some mock drafts from beat writers:
http://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2014/1/22/5332972/nfl-draft-2014-mock-database-san-diego-chargers

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/...s-could-be-focusing-on-adding-olb-in-round-1/

You think any GM would use a 2nd rounder one year on a position in which that said 2nd rounder came on late in the year and then use a 1st rounder on the same position while many other positions have problems? Probably not unless you are Matt Millen. Notice they aren't considering ILB.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
Bearing Down--so much more that team could do than an MLB who isn't an ideal fit for a 3-4. While he could excel in that role, he is best suited for a 4-3. If you plan on moving him to OLB, than it makes sense (or move Butler to OLB, or trading one). But to mention that SD MGMT is ready to move on to a new ILB because of a BPA theory isn't the best path to improving a roster.

Here are some mock drafts from beat writers:
http://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2014/1/22/5332972/nfl-draft-2014-mock-database-san-diego-chargers

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/...s-could-be-focusing-on-adding-olb-in-round-1/

You think any GM would use a 2nd rounder one year on a position in which that said 2nd rounder came on late in the year and then use a 1st rounder on the same position while many other positions have problems? Probably not unless you are Matt Millen. Notice they aren't considering ILB.

LOL I agree! I asked to trade!!!! I'm sorry, I didn't know the etiquete here. I didn't want people waiting on me to pick if I could pick. But I wanted to move out of that position and add another late round pick. At the same time, I didn't want to hold everyone up. So, I asked anyone if they wanted to trade out earlier. But to suggest that CJ Mosley isn't a better prospect than Teo is wrong. I am sorry that my taking a guy who may end up the third best ILB seems wrong to you. I didn't want to take him per se. But seeing as my team has added Michael Bennett and Sherman (traded our 5th round pick this year), it was pretty much a luxury pick.