CCS Weather Thread (Snow Season)

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Shit's cray. Woke up and let the dog out. Looked like we got around 3 inches. Go to the basement for work. 4 hours later and it's almost gone.

I am declaring that WINTER IS OVER OFFICIALLY

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Shit's cray. Woke up and let the dog out. Looked like we got around 3 inches. Go to the basement for work. 4 hours later and it's almost gone.

I am declaring that WINTER IS OVER OFFICIALLY

You should've made chili today.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You should've made chili today.
I really should have, but that would require going to the store so not gonna work.

That may be one of the biggest things I miss about normal life. Just being able to jump in the car and pick up a couple things from the store. Nowadays I gotta plan shit a week in advance just to pick up groceries.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I really should have, but that would require going to the store so not gonna work.

That may be one of the biggest things I miss about normal life. Just being able to jump in the car and pick up a couple things from the store. Nowadays I gotta plan shit a week in advance just to pick up groceries.

I feel you there.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I feel you there.

It totes sux. I decided awhile ago I was not going to go into stores anymore, just online pick up. Problem is, the stores are so gosh dang backed up with online orders, they I placed an order on Tuesday and can't pick up until Saturday.

Tried the Target rapid 4 hour pick up, but ofc you can't buy booze so it's practically worthless. Plus perishable shit is all unavailable.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
It totes sux. I decided awhile ago I was not going to go into stores anymore, just online pick up. Problem is, the stores are so gosh dang backed up with online orders, they I placed an order on Tuesday and can't pick up until Saturday.

Tried the Target rapid 4 hour pick up, but ofc you can't buy booze so it's practically worthless. Plus perishable shit is all unavailable.

I have seriously cut down on trips to the store. When I do go I mask up, glove up, and give anyone getting close to me the stink eye. Also I make lists before I go so there is no dawdling just in out with the stuff I need.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I have seriously cut down on trips to the store. When I do go I mask up, glove up, and give anyone getting close to me the stink eye. Also I make lists before I go so there is no dawdling just in out with the stuff I need.

I find it infuriating the number of people at my grocery store who show up with no mask, no gloves, and seemingly no list/plan.

Just traipsing around the store ignoring social distancing guidelines.

I go with a mask and gloves and I'm in and out in 10-15 minutes tops.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This rain... sucks.

Flooding out in the burbs
Saturday it rained here about 2 inches, which we needed. Today, it's just been spitting on and off all day but nothing measurable. My yard is looking THICC

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
This rain... sucks.

Flooding out in the burbs
We had 7 inches of rain since Thursday.

I sit on somewhat higher ground than the rest of my subdivision, so I wasn't worried about flooding in the streets, but am concerned about water trying to get into my basement.

But man.. this May Monsoon is becoming the norm.

Most May Rains - O'Hare
1. May 2019 - 8.25 inches
2. May 2018 - 8.21 inches
3. May 2020 (with 13 days to go) - 7.76 inches (as of last night)
4. May 1945 - 7.59 inches

PaytonHighstep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I work in the wastewater treatment industry and these past 3-4 days are very similar to April 2013, which was a complete shit show (pun intended). Even though wastewater is separate from stormwater, the infrastructure isn't a completely closed system due to cracked and shifted pipes, so we end up treating a ton of rain water in our process.

Our plant typically treats 11MGD (million gallons per day) and during these times our flow rates hit 90+MGD. It's a mess right now.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I work in the wastewater treatment industry and these past 3-4 days are very similar to April 2013, which was a complete shit show (pun intended). Even though wastewater is separate from stormwater, the infrastructure isn't a completely closed system due to cracked and shifted pipes, so we end up treating a ton of rain water in our process.
Yeah, I remember that April 2013 storm. I still lived with my parents, their cul-de-sac flooded, next door to them has a retention pond in back which was creeping up to their house.. I couldn't get to work that day (75% of the office couldn't).

Our plant typically treats 11MGD (million gallons per day) and during these times our flow rates hit 90+MGD. It's a mess right now.
Holy shit.