CCS Weather Thread (Snow Season)

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:

I am glad that you went out there and did the right thing. BTW I have been looking into this whole "shoveling snow" thing and I wanted to inform you that the smart Monkeys at Ace have a very useful tool that might be interesting to you.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I am glad that you went out there and did the right thing. BTW I have been looking into this whole "shoveling snow" thing and I wanted to inform you that the smart Monkeys at Ace have a very useful tool that might be interesting to you.

Meh, I’m 29 years old. If I can’t shovel a little snow I’d have an obesity problem like @Montucky keeps raging about

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Just let it snow already. I'm ready for a good storm.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This may be contradictory - but in the winter I like snow to be on the ground. Not like a foot - like 3-6 inches is fine.

I don't like when it snows though lol.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
This may be contradictory - but in the winter I like snow to be on the ground. Not like a foot - like 3-6 inches is fine.

I don't like when it snows though lol.
I love snow in December / January.. after that, I'm over it.

I love watching snow fall and love the look of a more wet snow in the way it sticks to the trees creating a pretty scene. But don't care one bit to drive in it mainly due to other people and.. I loved driving in it when I was in high school, because we'd go mid day when very little people would be out (and also mostly on deserted residential roads) and have fun. Also we'd go out in the evening to the school parking lot on a Saturday or Sunday night and do donuts.

Also as a homeowner of a single family house now, I really don't want a blizzard since I don't have a snow blower. If we are to get a blizzard, I imagine i'll just be out every few hours clearing it so it doesn't become over bearing later. When I lived in townhouses, obviously I had an HOA that provided snow service so I never worried then.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I love snow in December / January.. after that, I'm over it.

I love watching snow fall and love the look of a more wet snow in the way it sticks to the trees creating a pretty scene. But don't care one bit to drive in it mainly due to other people and.. I loved driving in it when I was in high school, because we'd go mid day when very little people would be out (and also mostly on deserted residential roads) and have fun. Also we'd go out in the evening to the school parking lot on a Saturday or Sunday night and do donuts.

Also as a homeowner of a single family house now, I really don't want a blizzard since I don't have a snow blower. If we are to get a blizzard, I imagine i'll just be out every few hours clearing it so it doesn't become over bearing later. When I lived in townhouses, obviously I had an HOA that provided snow service so I never worried then.
Snow blowers are for old people lol. I refuse to buy because I know when I do, it will snow 4 inches all year. I've kinda lucked out tho in the sense that in my subdivison every single dad just lives for blowing snow apparently. I normally will shovel my driveway, but then all the neighbors will take the blower and do my sidewalks (corner lot) so I have a lot of shit to shovel.

The first time it snowed, my entire drive and sidewalks were done before I even woke up. I think COVID has helped lol people want to get outside and do something.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
When that thin (but annoying) layer of snow-ice clings to every surface outside and it is so overcast you basically don't see the Sun all day, it is kinda fuckin' bleak looking out there.

Usually this doesn't bother me too much, but after 10-11 months of being stuck inside and WFH, it is starting to bother me.

Bleak af.

hides all the rope from self

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Snow blowers are for old people lol. I refuse to buy because I know when I do, it will snow 4 inches all year. I've kinda lucked out tho in the sense that in my subdivison every single dad just lives for blowing snow apparently. I normally will shovel my driveway, but then all the neighbors will take the blower and do my sidewalks (corner lot) so I have a lot of shit to shovel.

The first time it snowed, my entire drive and sidewalks were done before I even woke up. I think COVID has helped lol people want to get outside and do something.
I'm just waiting for the battery operated ones to get better before buying one.

For now shoveling is fine, but I've been lucky since moving here as so far this is winter #2 with very little snow.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
When that thin (but annoying) layer of snow-ice clings to every surface outside and it is so overcast you basically don't see the Sun all day, it is kinda fuckin' bleak looking out there.

Usually this doesn't bother me too much, but after 10-11 months of being stuck inside and WFH, it is starting to bother me.

Bleak af.

hides all the rope from self
Seasonal depression is no joke. Especially this year, with most working from home, it's easy to just kinda barricade yourself inside and lose all focus/motivation to do anything.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Seasonal depression is no joke. Especially this year, with most working from home, it's easy to just kinda barricade yourself inside and lose all focus/motivation to do anything.
I actually don't care. Probably because no one else is doing anything either, so I'm not missing anything.

I'm also busy with a baby, and the few minutes or hours I do get I attempt to spend doing a hobby of some kind, unless I'm really tired, then I CCS until bed.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Stop describing my life.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I actually don't care. Probably because no one else is doing anything either, so I'm not missing anything.

I'm also busy with a baby, and the few minutes or hours I do get I attempt to spend doing a hobby of some kind, unless I'm really tired, then I CCS until bed.

How's the little one doing?