CCS Weather Thread (Snow Season)

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
At the very least this will result in some crazy straight line wind events...the worst is the NWS predicting tornado formation after dark like last week.
Main threat for the Chicago area is wind. 60mph gusts possible. Mostly from 8pm-3am they say. Hopefully it isn't any worse than last Friday nights wind was.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I’ve got my house buttoned up pretty good. Hopefully not as bad the the derecho, that shit was legit scary. I thought my roof was coming off
I watched this YouTube video after it went through in summer 2020.. Amazing how it destroyed all the trees in that neighborhood.

It was really tame where I live. I didn't even have a tree branch down. Yet produced an EF0 tornado maybe 1 miles away.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Just took my dog for a walk in shorts and a t-shirt. It's super eerie outside. An odd mix of calmness, clouds, breeze and sky color. I would be surprised if there were not some tornadoes to touch down tonight.

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just took my dog for a walk in shorts and a t-shirt. It's super eerie outside. An odd mix of calmness, clouds, breeze and sky color. I would be surprised if there were not some tornadoes to touch down tonight.
Be alert, my friend...there were 4 tornado warnings in Nebraska already and the line is moving east...it's 10 in southeastern Montana and eastern Colorado, and 75 in western Nebraska...something is going to give...

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I feel like a sitting duck. That looks exactly like derecho
RemorsefulImpressionableCoqui-max-1mb.gif