CCS Weather Thread (STORMS?)

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
We all not-my-forum'ing Asheville rn.
It is pretty wild over here. I had a 32 gallon trash can filled over halfway with water. Powerlines and trees are everywhere on our mountain, but we are able to get down to get stuff we need. Some minor damage to one of our jeeps and house had a great big limb fall on both still not sure how that tree didn’t fall with them. Had water show up on the backside of the house which we have never had before luckily it didn’t get into the house just looked to be on the concrete. Lost 40-50 trees, and I have been chain sawing like a mother fucker. Had 8 40-70 ft trees all uproot together about 24 feet from the house, so now I have a great big hole on a slope, that looks like a landslide will happen if we get more rain. Been without power and cell service since Thursday, but this morning looks like we got internet back. Asheville is a fucking warzone, my wife was told no eta on when she will be back to work up there. You can’t even get to up there as the interstate is shut down. Food and gas shortages are happening everywhere now, cell service is spotty in town. At least the schools are closed, and some businesses are open; however all but a few are cash only. Banks are running out of money or have run out of money. It is a total shit show in western North Carolina.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It is pretty wild over here. I had a 32 gallon trash can filled over halfway with water. Powerlines and trees are everywhere on our mountain, but we are able to get down to get stuff we need. Some minor damage to one of our jeeps and house had a great big limb fall on both still not sure how that tree didn’t fall with them. Had water show up on the backside of the house which we have never had before luckily it didn’t get into the house just looked to be on the concrete. Lost 40-50 trees, and I have been chain sawing like a mother fucker. Had 8 40-70 ft trees all uproot together about 24 feet from the house, so now I have a great big hole on a slope, that looks like a landslide will happen if we get more rain. Been without power and cell service since Thursday, but this morning looks like we got internet back. Asheville is a fucking warzone, my wife was told no eta on when she will be back to work up there. You can’t even get to up there as the interstate is shut down. Food and gas shortages are happening everywhere now, cell service is spotty in town. At least the schools are closed, and some businesses are open; however all but a few are cash only. Banks are running out of money or have run out of money. It is a total shit show in western North Carolina.

I have an Aunt who moved to South Carolina very recently and she's reporting same type of situation.

You basically living Fallout rn.

Take Dogmeat and go find Strong.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I have an Aunt who moved to South Carolina very recently and she's reporting same type of situation. You basically living Fallout rn. Take Dogmeat and go find Strong.
Sadly I had to put dogmeat down last year, but I believe I found the milk of human kindness, so Strong should show up. Could use his help these trees making Bigfoot tired.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yeah the boys play hockey in SC, and it has been cancelled since last week. Sadly I had to put dogmeat down last year, but I believe I found the milk of human kindness, so Strong should show up. Could use his help these trees making Bigfoot tired.

Szlachcic

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
The same here in SE Georgia, thankfully, no major injuries of loss of life. Lost 6 trees, cleared path to drive thru, will deal with the rest when cools of . Temperature still in mid to upper eighties and humid. Finally got a power turn on, up to this point lived on generator power.. Stay safe everyone.