Chad Ford Chat

Fred

Liked Posts:
http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/29262

Sean (Atlanta)

Based on the first week of play, which rookie have you been most impressed with?

Chad Ford (1:13 PM)

I've really been impressed with the Buck's Brandon Jennings. It's interesting, there was so much mixed opinion on him before the draft. Some were claiming he was a Top 3 player in the draft. Others were much more down on him after watching him flounder in Europe. I wrote an indepth piece on him from Italy about three weeks before the draft and the impression I got from the scouts I trusted the most was that he had the potential to be great. Early on, he's proving that. Also been impressed with Ty Lawson, Jeff Teague, DeJuan Blair and Omri Casspi.

Fred

Liked Posts:
Freddy (Los Angeles)

How much could have Rondo potentially made had he became a restricted free agent?

Chad Ford (1:08 PM)

That's tough. Restricted free agents tend not to get offer sheets because GMs are afraid that the home team will match any offer. I think Rondo's end game if he didn't sign was to wait out the Celtics until the summer of 2012 and then become an unrestricted free agent. That's very risky especially with a new CBA coming. I think it was a good deal for both Rondo and the Celtics.

Fred: "Restricted free agents tend not to get offer sheets because GMs are afraid that the home team will match any offer." - For those of you who argued with me in the summer of 08, please read this 100 times to prevent further embarrasment in future arguments.

Fred

Liked Posts:
Isaac (Peoria,AZ)
Chad thanks for the open chat. Quick question please....Do you think the Bulls will sign a 2010 top tier free agent?? Dwayne Wade seems like the popular choice, Lebron would be amazing with the Bulls squad.....or do you think the Bulls will trade for someone like Amare by trade deadline??I know...more than 1 question =)Thanks Chad

Chad Ford (1:24 PM)
I think their most realistic shot is Chris Bosh actually. LeBron and Wade are both long shots, but both would be very good fits. But if I was a betting man I'd say either Bulls or Heat for Bosh in 2010.

Fred: PLEASE GOD!

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Fred wrote:
Isaac (Peoria,AZ)
Chad thanks for the open chat. Quick question please....Do you think the Bulls will sign a 2010 top tier free agent?? Dwayne Wade seems like the popular choice, Lebron would be amazing with the Bulls squad.....or do you think the Bulls will trade for someone like Amare by trade deadline??I know...more than 1 question =)Thanks Chad

I think their most realistic shot is Chris Bosh actually. LeBron and Wade are both long shots, but both would be very good fits. But if I was a betting man I'd say either Bulls or Heat for Bosh in 2010.

Chad Ford is on drugs, we aren't getting Bosh. Bosh is going to Miami or staying put. The raptors did a lot to put a team around him this off season. Guys like Stat and Boozer are going to be in our group along with Joe johnson. IMO Miami will be the hot destination. If Chalmers and MB can show something they will be a favorite. Miami will get the top pick of anyone leaving, they hope it will be Bron as he would be a perfect fit but Bosh is a nice consolation prize.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I don't want Bosh because he is not a "main man" type. He is not the takeover the game, highly skilled franchise player I think this team needs. Lebron is obviously number 1 on anybody's list. You go get a player who might be the GOAT when it is all over...

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
TheStig wrote:
Fred wrote:
Isaac (Peoria,AZ)

Chad Ford is on drugs, we aren't getting Bosh. Bosh is going to Miami or staying put. The raptors did a lot to put a team around him this off season. Guys like Stat and Boozer are going to be in our group along with Joe johnson. IMO Miami will be the hot destination. If Chalmers and MB can show something they will be a favorite. Miami will get the top pick of anyone leaving, they hope it will be Bron as he would be a perfect fit but Bosh is a nice consolation prize.

We could get Bosh if Lebron goes to Miami.

Fred

Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
TheStig wrote:
Fred wrote:
Isaac (Peoria,AZ)

Great. 10 straight years of finishing second. I guess that's better than where we've been for the last 10 straight years.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Fred wrote:
??? ?????? wrote:
TheStig wrote:
Fred wrote:
Isaac (Peoria,AZ)

Great. 10 straight years of finishing second. I guess that's better than where we've been for the last 10 straight years.
We won't be second. Dwight Howard and a sack of potatoes would be a better team and that not even looking at the celtics.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
TheStig wrote:
Fred wrote:
Isaac (Peoria,AZ)

Thats assuming that both of them leave. More than likely at least one if not both stay. I think Toronto will have enough success this year to get him to resign.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Well, you try your best...if that means finishing 2nd every year...at least you are contending...something this team hasn't done in over a decade...