Chandler Jones

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He wouldn't be a good fit in our new scheme, but yes it was s complete shifting of the bed by JA. I'm more concerned with missing on both Donald and Williams by one pick. Williams would have a huge impact in this scheme.

Yeah JA really shit the bed considering he was fired before the draft and hence didn't pick Shea. Shea was Emery's first pick bro.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
You can insert any dozens of draft picks or signings to the same decree, so no. it's stupid.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
I was just watching the Monday Night Football pregame show and saw that he was having a dominant season. He's on pace for about 15 sacks on the season and the defensive leader of an undefeated team. I feel like we're always going to be saying "what if" with our lack of a dominant pass rusher. Shea may go down as the biggest bust in Bears history, because of who we passed on to choose him, rather than Shea's production alone.

Not at all. If the Bears would have picked Jones, he'd be no better than what Shea is currently. It's called player development, and the Bears haven't had any until probably this year. If the Pats would have taken Shea, which I believe they would have if he was there, he'd be a pretty good player for them because they put people in position to succeed.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Seriously, every...fucking...time...the Patriots are on national TV we get this fucking thread...

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yeah JA really shit the bed considering he was fired before the draft and hence didn't pick Shea. Shea was Emery's first pick bro.

Actually JA had aa post mock draft and picked Shea over Jones anyways

BearDovvn

Liked Posts:
In that draft I wanted any of the following 3: Decastro, Mercilus, and Nick Perry. I was so fucking pissed when we drafted Shea. I laughed at the guy during the combine when he was listed as a DE. He looked like a lil boy with no muscle tone whatsoever.

BearDovvn

Liked Posts:
Jones really didn't shoot up the boards till the week prior to the draft

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He wouldn't be a good fit in our new scheme, but yes it was s complete shifting of the bed by JA. I'm more concerned with missing on both Donald and Williams by one pick. Williams would have a huge impact in this scheme.

Donald who?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
When he was on the board for the Bears first pick, I was sure they'd take him. It was a no-brainer. Idiots

Rise

Liked Posts:
I am not even a draft novice. During that draft it took me 5 minutes of research to know chandler jones should be our pick. Then we passed on him and I thought well maybe I'm wrong. Then patriots trade up to get him and I knew we fucked up. This game is not rocket science, the draft is not really that hard to figure out.

Prime example when the Vikings picked Christian ponder did anyone actually think that would work? Browns with Weeden?

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Hmmmmmm....I wonder who begged that we take Chandler, even though many here said he was crazy. Oh it was Omelet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can I have a cookie?

Why would you get a cookie for Omelet saying that? Do you have a quote of him saying that?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm sure Fales feels hunted next time we play them.:-v

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I really like Goldman. He has a great push in the middle of the line and has a big time motor. IF they can add a good DE and two good Lbs, the front 7 could be very good.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I am not even a draft novice. During that draft it took me 5 minutes of research to know chandler jones should be our pick. Then we passed on him and I thought well maybe I'm wrong. Then patriots trade up to get him and I knew we fucked up. This game is not rocket science, the draft is not really that hard to figure out.

Prime example when the Vikings picked Christian ponder did anyone actually think that would work? Browns with Weeden?

Cleveland is where good players go to die. It like what Detroit people say like "Detroit really is bad but at least we're not as bad as Cleveland":) Hell, Kevin Costner is a better GM than whoever is the flavor of the year GM in Cleveland:)