Charles Leno

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
The bears uploded an interview and he's just getting roasted in the comments section lmao. Look at the like to dislike ratio.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Seems like a nice enough guy. Just happens to be a very below-average T.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
Leno actually was a pretty good player before Pace extended him and have him all that money. I think that's why backups didn't look any worse if not better then the starting o line yesterday. They're out there fighting for a job so they're putting more effort out there.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Leno actually was a pretty good player before Pace extended him and have him all that money. I think that's why backups didn't look any worse if not better then the starting o line yesterday. They're out there fighting for a job so they're putting more effort out there.

Yup, no idea what happened to leno. He was actually pretty decent. The last couple seasons he severely dropped off.

Nearly everyone on this board thought the extension was a good deal at the time.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:

He fought to be average, kudos to him for making money. After he got paid he stopped fighting and this is the result. His contract isn’t bad, his efforts is. That’s why, IMO unless you see top 10-15 talent you don’t extend a 7th round tackle you should be drafting it.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Which is why he was drafted in the 7th round. Pace is the one who decided to pay him and keep him as a starter. I’d cut Pace before Leno, at least Leno can be benched.
100% agree with you. Hated the extension then, hate it even more now. The Leno and Massie extensions (and neglecting the OL) is Pace’s 2nd biggest failure behind Mitch. It’s maddening that mediocrity deserved extensions on the offensive side of the ball, but the 1 person who deserved it-ARob-didn’t get one.

Now with the resources that will be needed to be directed to fix the clusterfuck of an OL, ARob will probably walk.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Yup, no idea what happened to leno. He was actually pretty decent. The last couple seasons he severely dropped off.

Nearly everyone on this board thought the extension was a good deal at the time.

He’s not a zone run guy. He’s protected by mobile QBs. That simple

msadows

Liked Posts:
He’s not a zone run guy. He’s protected by mobile QBs. That simple

Cutler was not a mobile qb, and you could argue his best season was his sophomore year where it was his first starting season.

Leno was never a good run blocker, but was a decent above average pass blocker. It seems whatever athleticism he had is gone. Dude has like zero lateral agility now, pair him with coward next to him and you got two turnstiles on the left side.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Leno sucks, we all know that. He appears to be washed up.

But, for being a 7th round draft pick the Bears milked him for all he had and he gave the Bears some good years. Time to move on in the offseason.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can't listen to him make obtuse excuses for poor line play.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Leno sucks, we all know that. He appears to be washed up.

But, for being a 7th round draft pick the Bears milked him for all he had and he gave the Bears some good years. Time to move on in the offseason.

I want them to but i'm not exactly sure they will. If spriggs plays well then it will be the nail in the coffin for leno.

Issue is, you save only 6m by cutting him but take a cap hit of over 5m. That hurts in a limited cap season. Whoever you replace him with has to essentially be better for 6m, which would be a challenge to find as well.

If spriggs plays well, it makes it easy. Cut both leno and massie, start spriggs at RT and draft a LT. Only way I can see both him and massie being gone. (Massie to me is a much more likely cut than leno due to dead cap).

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I want them to but i'm not exactly sure they will. If spriggs plays well then it will be the nail in the coffin for leno.

Issue is, you save only 6m by cutting him but take a cap hit of over 5m. That hurts in a limited cap season. Whoever you replace him with has to essentially be better for 6m, which would be a challenge to find as well.

If spriggs plays well, it makes it easy. Cut both leno and massie, start spriggs at RT and draft a LT. Only way I can see both him and massie being gone. (Massie to me is a much more likely cut than leno due to dead cap).
It'll be tough to replace two Tackles in one offseason, imo. Makes it easier if you have a guy on the roster already, but not sure Spriggs is that guy yet. Will be interesting to see how he plays the rest of the year.

Either Leno or Massie will be the starter next year and the other starter will be a draft pick most likely.

jbd

Liked Posts:

HAHAHAHAHA...Fact of the matter is, Leno has never been good..at his best he was still below average. Nice try to whitewash history tho...shaking my head.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
HAHAHAHAHA...Fact of the matter is, Leno has never been good..at his best he was still below average. Nice try to whitewash history tho...shaking my head.

Well his peers thought otherwise when he made the pro bowl in 2018