Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I remember I got this picture from the CBMB and I named it, "DudeEatingHisHelmet.jpg" hahaha. Who is that anyways?

Todd Burger... yeah. hahahaha

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
1613334-dec-2001-linebacker-rosevelt-colvin-of-the-gettyimages.jpg

Rosevelt Colvin. I remember being upset when we didn't bring him back hahaa

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
How come Wilber Marshall moved around so much in his career? He seemed like a very good linebacker, why didn't one team ever lock him up long term?

After 9 seasons I would assume that he was starting to breakdown and slow up but I dont know for sure. his tackle production dropped over 100 tackles from his last year with the Redskins to the Oilers and he only started 10 games.

this is from wiki FWIW

In 1993, Marshall reunited with Buddy Ryan, who had been the Bears' defensive coordinator during Marshall's first two seasons, signing a contract to play for the Houston Oilers. When Ryan left the Oilers to become head coach of the Arizona Cardinals in 1994, Marshall joined him there for one season. He then finished his NFL career in 1995 as a member of the New York Jets

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
After 9 seasons I would assume that he was starting to breakdown and slow up but I dont know for sure. his tackle production dropped over 100 tackles from his last year with the Redskins to the Oilers and he only started 10 games.

this is from wiki FWIW

In 1993, Marshall reunited with Buddy Ryan, who had been the Bears' defensive coordinator during Marshall's first two seasons, signing a contract to play for the Houston Oilers. When Ryan left the Oilers to become head coach of the Arizona Cardinals in 1994, Marshall joined him there for one season. He then finished his NFL career in 1995 as a member of the New York Jets

Marshall chose to leave Chicago via FA. He played really well in Washington helping them to a SB win, then at the end of his career like you posted he just kind of followed Buddy Ryan around. NFL contracts back then were different too.

Marshall did sign a long term deal with Washing when he left(5 years or so IIRC) . By the time that contract ran out he was on the down side of his career and pretty beat up as a player.

Want to read a sad story about a players physical condition now? Read about Marshall.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Former Colorado interim head coach and best mustache on the '85 Bears, Brian Cabral

lb-brian-cabral--associate-head-coach-university-of-colorado.jpg

Reactions: BNB