Chicago Blackhawks: Managing a Faithless Fan Base, Instilling Success

Livewire

Liked Posts:
I do have a problem with the guy that sits at a game and when his girlfriend asks him a question he doesn't say he doesn't know or tries to find out, instead he speaks like he has been following the game his entire life. "Honey, why is the goalie slapping his sitck on the ice?" "It's because he is really mad at his team."

This is who I am referring too. I welcome new hockey fans with open arms but don't act like you have the know all end all knowledge on the sport just because you bought a Patrick Kane jersey and went to a couple games. If you don't know something ask or keep your mouth shut, if I am asked certain questions as to why or what is going on I am more than happy to help the new fans.

Also the majority of Cubs fans are idiots and stereotypes are based of majorities so I am correct in my assessment. :)

stormbolter73

Liked Posts:
Then i'm safe in saying that whitesox fans are all violent dooche bags? I don't think that's accurate but i have a body of evidence that suggests I could make that assumption. Not being a sox/cubs fan I don't see why that has to be brought into every conversation when it isn't even baseball we are talking about. THere are, in reality, an equal amount of bad and good sports fans in every teams fandom so try not to water down a good point with needless hate :)

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Then i'm safe in saying that whitesox fans are all violent dooche bags? I don't think that's accurate but i have a body of evidence that suggests I could make that assumption. Not being a sox/cubs fan I don't see why that has to be brought into every conversation when it isn't even baseball we are talking about. THere are, in reality, an equal amount of bad and good sports fans in every teams fandom so try not to water down a good point with needless hate :)

But there is a significant less amount of history to White Sox fans being assaulting in the stands. While a larger percentage probably between 35-45% of Cubs fans at a given day are there to drink and party opposed to really known and watch baseball.

I was annoyed oft by a bunch of people when I was at a game last year, at least a few years ago when I would go there was a lot less of it that I noticed at least. The amount of time shoot was shouted around me anytime any player entered the offensive zone got mighty annoying.

stormbolter73

Liked Posts:
Personally I think both fanbases tend to look bad nationally, rightly or wrongly. I've had a number of bad experiances at the cell while i've been to the bleachers at Wrigley once and vowed that I would always get regular seats from then on and have been fine. I just dislike how fans on either side like to take swipes at each other at the back end of statements that have nothing to do with baseball. I guess its just more tedious for me not being a fan of either team. Ahhhhh well, no point in complaining about it, it's not going to change that's for sure.

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Personally I think both fanbases tend to look bad nationally, rightly or wrongly. I've had a number of bad experiances at the cell while i've been to the bleachers at Wrigley once and vowed that I would always get regular seats from then on and have been fine. I just dislike how fans on either side like to take swipes at each other at the back end of statements that have nothing to do with baseball. I guess its just more tedious for me not being a fan of either team. Ahhhhh well, no point in complaining about it, it's not going to change that's for sure.

Ive had bad experiences in both parks..

Drunks almost tried to throw me on the field from the bleachers at the cell..

Dealing with all the yuppies sitting down low at Wrigley is annoying in itself.