Chicago Blackhawks Stanley Cup Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEAL

Liked Posts:
Did I ever say it would a be cakewalk for anyone? Yes, it was impressive that the Flyers came back against a Bruins team down 3-0. Yet, color me ignorant if you want me to be impressed with Michael Leighton numbers against a weak MTL offense and an even weaker BOS offense for 1 game. The Hawks are a better team and should win this series. I'll say in 6. People thinking this will be easy for the Hawks are mistaken. Also, anyone who thinks the Flyers have faced anything like the Hawks offense so far in playoffs, are also mistaken. Thanks for the welcome.

Welcome.

Cammalleri had the most goals coming into the series out of all players in the playoffs. After scoring 1 goal against us, he still has the most goals out of anybody who played in the playoffs.

Also, please don't forget Gomez or Gionta, both scary goal scorers.

robertgorr4

Liked Posts:
Sorry for jumping so quick... I do agree though. The Flyers haven't seen anything like the Hawks O... I also think Hawks in 6. The key will be the first two home games to set the tempo.

No worries, heh. It's going to be fun and it will go 6. Just a side note on Leighton. He's faced +32 shots in his games played so far this postseason, once and lost. Niemi has seen those numbers 5 times and is 4-1.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
I loved gomez when he was a Devil

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
No worries, heh. It's going to be fun and it will go 6. Just a side note on Leighton. He's faced +32 shots in his games played so far this postseason, once and lost. Niemi has seen those numbers 5 times and is 4-1.

wow...nice stat

robertgorr4

Liked Posts:
Welcome.

Cammalleri had the most goals coming into the series out of all players in the playoffs. After scoring 1 goal against us, he still has the most goals out of anybody who played in the playoffs.

Also, please don't forget Gomez or Gionta, both scary goal scorers.

Understand. It's easy to shut down one guy or even one line and the Flyers did a good job against the one any only MTL scoring line. It comes down to secondary scoring and the Hawks have more. Plus, the Hawks have better depth on defense.

The key matchup will be Bolland on Richards. Bolland has already shut down the Sedins and Thornton. Though a good 2 way player, I don't think Richards can compare with the offensive skillset that Bolland has neutralized already this postseason.

STEAL

Liked Posts:

That also says something about our defense, doesn't it?

Understand. It's easy to shut down one guy or even one line and the Flyers did a good job against the one any only MTL scoring line. It comes down to secondary scoring and the Hawks have more. Plus, the Hawks have better depth on defense.

The key matchup will be Bolland on Richards. Bolland has already shut down the Sedins and Thornton. Though a good 2 way player, I don't think Richards can compare with the offensive skillset that Bolland has neutralized already this postseason.

Blackhawks first line has 22 of their front line goals, second has 13, third has 5 and fourth has 3. If we can shut down your first line, that shuts out nearly half of your goals.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
It does say alot about your defense.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Blackhawks first line has 22 of their front line goals, second has 13, third has 5 and fourth has 3. If we can shut down your first line, that shuts out nearly half of your goals.

But one of the great things about Quenneville is that he can mix and match.

Our 1st line isnt always the same....thats what is deadly about our team is that you cant shut down lines, you have to shut down specific people which leave others open to explode (Byfuglien)

robertgorr4

Liked Posts:

Really? I think it speaks much more to the offense(s) or lackthereof that the Flyers defense have seen thus far with Leighton in net. Sure, Pronger and Carle will probably neutralize Toews, Kane, and Byfuglien, but won't shut then down completely. It's how the rest of the Flyers defenseman will respond when the second and third waves of offense comes with Sharp, Versteeg, Bolland, Ladd, Hossa, etc.

The biggest question coming into these playoffs was the goaltending in Chicago. It was never their offense or defense. Now that Niemi has faced and passed every test, it's not hard to see that Hawks are better team.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes Boston's offense and Montreal's offense are both pathetic. Wait till Lightweight sees Kane race up the ice past everyone and then look back and dish to Buff for the one timer. Lightweight will crap his pants!!

:bearbang:

Got teeth? Keith doesn't.

JoeHawks is a fine gent
Liked Posts:

Yea, if, but you guys won't.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
Very very true. There really isn't a way to statistically measure a team's defense besides GAA or +/-, and I really don't feel like adding up the +/-.

Even adding up the +/- may not tell the entire story. Also, hockey isn't the only sport where numbers often fall short of accurately depicting defensive abilities.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
But one of the great things about Quenneville is that he can mix and match.

Our 1st line isnt always the same....thats what is deadly about our team is that you cant shut down lines, you have to shut down specific people which leave others open to explode (Byfuglien)

This is a good point and a testament to our depth. Q has mixed and matched lines so much over the regular season that he can do this now without players missing a beat (needing shifts to figure out linemates).

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Is it Saturday yet?

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
:sigh:

derosabomb

Joecawks is a dope
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
this sucks, why cant it be saturday??!!!!

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Because it's Wednesday

derosabomb

Joecawks is a dope
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
well im going to start getting drunk then. maybe when i wake up it will be saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.