Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Maybe you could help me out with something. I hate 2k but I play it since it's the only basketball game out there. I primarily play franchise and when I finish a season instead of just having rookies generated I like to DL someone's list of rookies that have real comparisons to actual upcoming draft prospects. Problem is almost every time I try to do it, it won't load any lists up. Sometimes I go to get one and it loads everyone that has uploaded one but almost every time it never loads them. Is there something I'm doing wrong?
So the actual list of available draft classes is empty? That's weird. Occasionally you have to wait a little bit for it to load up and display everything, but I assume you're doing that already. Unless you mean it doesn't download it in which case that's supposed to happen if you're doing it in association mode.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bulls pull away from Heat in 4th; go up 2-0

Miami's big three proved once again to be unstoppable, yet the Bulls were able to still pull away with another win. The game was a high scoring affair, with both big threes going at each other each possession. Chicago's big three narrowly came out on top in the points column with 71 points to Miami's 69. Carmelo Anthony led all scorers with 30 points.

Coach Tom Thibodeau went with a small starting lineup in this game, moving Jimmy Butler into the starting lineup over Taj Gibson to matchup with Miami. It remains to be seen if this change will continue, seeing that no defender seems to be able to do anything to affect Lebron.

"I'm fine doing whatever coach wants me to do," said Gibson about the switch. "If coming off the bench is what this team needs to win, I'll come off the bench. If it's starting, I'll start. We're so close to the goal now that you can't be upset about the role coach gives you, especially if it works."

Despite the switch, Butler and Gibson split playing time fairly equally, with Butler playing 27 minutes to Gibson's 25. However, the Bulls bench was able to vastly outperform the Heat bench which ended up being the difference in the game. The bench effort was led by Kirk Hinrich's 11 points and 7 assists in just 16 minutes. Gibson and Michael Redd also contributed with 19 points between them.

"Like we've been saying all season, it's about the team," said Derrick Rose. "We got guys that just wanna win games and are willing to sacrifice personal success for the team's success. That's what it's all about. Our bench guys are great...a lot of them could be starters and have been starters before in their careers, but they're willing to take less playing time and focus on themselves less so that we can win. They've been huge in both games, and I think they know that and take pride in that."

Having won both home games, the Bulls will look to steal one or both games on Miami's home court on Tuesday.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
So the actual list of available draft classes is empty? That's weird. Occasionally you have to wait a little bit for it to load up and display everything, but I assume you're doing that already. Unless you mean it doesn't download it in which case that's supposed to happen if you're doing it in association mode.

It ended up working this time. Almost every time I try to download a list, nothing comes up and idk why that is. On a side note, started a new association. Decided to look to see if I could get anything via trade before I started. The Magic offered me a 1st rounder(turned out to be the #2 pick) for just Nate Robinson. In the 2nd year of my association, LeBron became a bench player that barely saw the floor. I seriously can't wait for NBA Live, I can't stand how horrible this game is.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It ended up working this time. Almost every time I try to download a list, nothing comes up and idk why that is. On a side note, started a new association. Decided to look to see if I could get anything via trade before I started. The Magic offered me a 1st rounder(turned out to be the #2 pick) for just Nate Robinson. In the 2nd year of my association, LeBron became a bench player that barely saw the floor. I seriously can't wait for NBA Live, I can't stand how horrible this game is.
Don't get your hopes up. NBA Live looks like it's going to be the same crap they tried to make last year.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Note: simmed game

Wade and Lebron take down Bulls

While the Bulls were able to take both games on their home court, the Heat came back and won game 3 on their home court. While the Bulls' big three once again outscored the Miami big three, this time, the Bulls' supporting cast fell short. Outside of Anthony, Rose, and Harden, the Bulls scored just 16 points while Miami's supporting cast scored 31. Miami was also rolling offensively, connecting on 50% of their shots while the Bulls were held under 40% for the first time this postseason.

"You know it's like we've been saying the whole time, it's about the team," said Rose, who scored 27 points, but shot just 12-27. "I think at times I was pressing too much, not getting other guys involved enough, and that kept us out of rhythm. I've got to do a better job of getting everyone else involved like we did in the first couple games. I'll do better next game."

"It just wasn't our night," said Tom Thibodeau. "We had shots that we wanted and they just didn't go down. On the other end, we couldn't get stops. 50% shooting for a team is unacceptable. We did a good job of limiting turnovers this time, but when a team is able to beat us shooting just 66 shots, we're not doing our job defensively."

Miami will look to even the series at 2 games apiece on Thursday.

Meanwhile, the Thunder completed their sweep of the Warriors and will play the winner of this series in the NBA Finals.

Last edited:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Rose's near triple double propels Bulls to NBA Finals

You knew the Heat were going down fighting. Anytime Lebron James, Dwyane Wade, and Chris Bosh are playing they are a threat to win. Unfortunately for them, the same was true for Derrick Rose, Carmelo Anthony, and James Harden. In a heavyweight slugout in which Wade and James combined for 69 points by themselves, the Heat still fell short despite 18 points from Mario Chalmers and 10 points from Ray Allen, who had been a nonfactor all series. Once again, the Bulls bench was the difference, outscoring the Heat bench 28-14. The Bulls also received 15 points and 9 rebounds from Joakim Noah as well as 10 points and 8 rebounds from Taj Gibson, who was moved back into the starting lineup this game after coming off the bench the past 2 games.

The Bulls had all 5 starters score in double figures as well as 10 points off the bench from Kirk Hinrich, who led the bench effort. Hinrich added 5 rebounds and 5 assists. On the other hand, the Heat had just 4 players score in double figures.

"It's a great feeling," said Carmelo Anthony on making it to the NBA Finals. "It's what you dream about...what you strive for being in this league. Individual awards are great, but all of that pales in comparison to winning it all. Hopefully we can win it all...it'd be a dream come true."

"It's definitely relieving to be past that hurdle," said Tom Thibodeau. "Miami's a great, great team and each game was a battle. We have a lot of things that we still need to work on based on this series. We still have to work on turnovers and not giving the other team a chance to get easy baskets. Our defense wasn't that good this series...we did ok when the reserves were in the game against their reserves, but when their starters were in there were just way to many easy baskets. That's not going to change against the Thunder, they have great scorers there too. We'll have to work on our defense a lot in practice."

The Bulls advance to the NBA Finals to square off against the aforementioned Oklahoma City Thunder. The Finals are scheduled to begin in a week, giving both teams ample time to prepare.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
For the lolz, a pre finals assessment of the team. Written in article form just because

Assessing the Chicago Bulls

With the Bulls heading to their first NBA Finals appearance since the days of Michael Jordan, let's take a look at the team that got them there.

James Harden
He's been with the Bulls since the start of the season after being traded twice just before the start of the season. He is on the last year of his rookie contract from OKC, but has a max extension kicking in after this season, having been signed to the extension in the sign and trade that sent him to Houston prior to his arrival in Chicago. Harden has been the constant all season for the Bulls with Derrick Rose out for over half the season and the midseason trade that swapped Rudy Gay for Carmelo Anthony. He, Taj Gibson, and Joakim Noah started every game for the Bulls in the regular season, but Harden has been by far the greatest contributor. While he has taken a backseat in scoring to Rose and Anthony, he did average 22 points per game during the regular season and has been the shooting guard Chicago has been pining for since the days of Ben Gordon. He has been able to help the team offensively while also being able to contribute defensively. While not a great defender, he has had success this season under the tutelage of Tom Thibodeau. Against his former team, he will match up against Kevin Martin, whom he was traded for. His defensive abilities were simply overmatched against Dwyane Wade, but against Martin, primarily a jumpshooter in OKC's offense, he should find much more success.

Joakim Noah
A fan favorite in Chicago for his heart and passion for the game, Joakim Noah has provided Chicago with the same production he's had in the past. His rebounds have dipped with the increased offensive success of the team since offensive rebounds are not as frequent, but if anything, that's a good thing for this Bulls team. He continues to show excellent passing from the center position and continues to shock defenses with occasional post moves, jumpers, and a knack for grabbing some of the few offensive rebounds that do come around. As the defensive anchor of the team, he has done well, providing shot blocking and lockdown defense against the team's best opposing big men. Having Taj Gibson alongside him instead of Carlos Boozer, a well noted poor defender, has eased his efforts in locking down the paint. There are times where he and Gibson are bested, but those times are few and far between. Against OKC, he will most likely take on Kendrick Perkins, with Gibson taking on Serge Ibaka, but both have the ability to guard either player. The key for Noah's success will be his ability to grab offensive rebounds against a bulkier frontcourt than the Heat, Bucks, and Hawks. He held his own against Al Horford on the boards, and should be expected to do so against OKC as well.

Taj Gibson
In his first season as a full time starter, Gibson has had his ups and downs. Ultimately, he gave the team what was expected of him during the regular season, finishing with averages of 10 points and 7 rebounds in about 28 minutes per game. His shotblocking and defensive abilities have given the Bulls a huge boost compared to last season, though that season contained a lot of Carlos Boozer. His jumper is still a work in progress, but he has shown the same offensive rebounding ability that he has always had and is always able to find his share of offensive putbacks, even with Noah in the game. Gibson will look to contain Serge Ibaka against OKC, a player very much comparable to himself.

Derrick Rose
The former MVP didn't quite look like himself when he initially came back from ACL surgery after the All Star Break, but soon rounded into form by the end of the regular season. His assist and points per game averages were his lowest since his rookie season, but he has found himself rolling in the playoffs. Though his assist totals during the regular season hovered 5 or 6, in the playoffs he has been able to boost that number between 8 and 10, allowing his teammates to achieve much greater success. Defensively, however, he has struggled. He has been unable to keep many guards he once dominated in front of him. Perhaps this is remaining rust falling off, but anytime Mario Chalmers can score 20 points, there is a problem. Those problems will not get any easier against perhaps the only point guard who can compare to him athletically in Russell Westbrook. If Rose can hold Westbrook in check, the Bulls will have a much easier time getting the win. Having offensive talent like Harden and Anthony has obviously made Rose's life a lot easier, but this is still his team and any kind of Bulls success or failure will be tied directly to his play.

Jimmy Butler
Butler's progression as a player this season has been incredible. Despite not playing much his rookie year, he has come on strong for Tom Thibodeau and the Bulls in his second season, primarily serving as the backup small forward. He has displayed increasing confidence with his shooting, especially from three point range, and has proven himself to be a lockdown defender in his own right. Thibodeau has come to trust him so much that he started him for two games against the Heat in the Eastern Conference Finals to match up against Lebron James. His increased offensive prowess has allowed Thibodeau to be more creative with his lineups, including having a very formidable defensive lineup that is still able to score. He has also shown a knack for coming up with offensive rebounds making any combination with Gibson and Noah a freakishly good offensive rebounding lineup. He has also shown the ability to get to the foul line and hit at a high percentage, furthering his value to the team. Going forward, if he continues to improve like he has, the Bulls will have one heck of a player on their hands.

Michael Redd
Signed before the season started, Redd was expected to play the role of a spot up shooter off the bench, very similar to what Kyle Korver played for the Bulls last year. Once a great rival of the Bulls in the mid-2000s with the Bucks, injuries plagued him of much of his athleticism, causing him to be reduced to a shooter. However, he has shown far more than spot up shooting for the Bulls bench. Still showing the skill and guile of his glory days, he has emerged as the go to scorer off the bench for the Bulls, scoring in far more ways than would have been expected. He has also shown surprising defensive ability despite his reduced athleticism, occasionally coming up with blocks and steals in the paint. The Bulls could not have been happier with his production during the regular season, where he shot an astounding 48% from three and 47% overall. His production in the playoffs, however, have been disappointing. His percentages have plummeted, but he has still been able to come up with some key baskets for the Bulls. If the Bulls are to win it all, Redd will have to be on his game.

Kirk Hinrich
Captain Kirk made his return to the team that drafted him as the starting point guard once again, in the absence of Derrick Rose. While Rose was out, Hinrich filled in admirably, averaging 12 points and 7 assists while Rose was out. Now coming off the bench, Hinrich still leads the team with poise while also playing fantastic defense as he has his whole career. However, like his backcourt mate Michael Redd, Hinrich has struggled to score in the postseason, shooting just 34% from the field. However, against the Miami Heat, he stepped up his game and shot over 44% for the series, giving the Bulls' bench effort a very much needed kick. Hinrich should be able to have his way against the Thunder bench, even despite shooting struggles. And he may have to in order to keep the Bulls starters rested enough to contain OKC's explosive offense. If he can repeat his play against Miami, the Bulls are in good shape.

Kenyon Martin
The Bulls' primary reserve big man, Kenyon Martin has shown he can still play despite age and injuries. A far cry from his former days as the #1 overall pick, Martin has given the Bulls toughness and rebounding off the bench. His abilities as a defender still remain, which helps the Bulls retain a presence in the paint. His help side defense was on full display against Miami, forcing several key misses against even the likes of Lebron James. His offense has been primarily regulated to offensive putbacks, but his defense and rebounding are what get him minutes under Thibodeau. It will be his job to keep the Thunder big men off the boards while Gibson and Noah rest.

Troy Murphy
On his 3rd team in as many years, the sweet shooting lefty has carved for himself a small role in Chicago's rotation. Often playing spot backup minutes at center for Joakim Noah, Murphy has been able to provide the Bulls with a pretty good pick and pop option in his limited minutes. Chicago is not shy about letting Murphy take shots, often running several plays for him at a time during his quick stints. His rebounding remains solid, though not quite what he was in his days with Golden State and Indiana. His ability to make shots could prove to be an important x-factor against the Thunder with his ability to bring opposing big men out to the perimeter. He and Martin have complimented each other well when given minutes together and should continue to do so against the Thunder.

Nazr Mohammed
Another former Thunder player, Mohammed brings a more traditional backup center role for Chicago's bench. He, like Murphy, does not get many minutes, but those few minutes are just what is needed for the Bulls. He has shown he still has a few tricks up his sleeve on offense and has kept up the Chicago theme of defense and rebounding, proving he does still have a little bit left in the tank. More than likely retiring at season's end, this is perhaps his final shot at a ring.

Marquis Teague
Though now getting DNP-CDs in the playoffs, Teague was the backup point guard while Rose was recovering. In that time, Chicago got to see what they had in Teague. Though he struggled mightily early on, he gained confidence as the season grew on, showing flashes of brilliance at times on the offensive end. His ability to push the ball in transition was second only to Rose himself, but his passing and shooting skills still need much work. He did work on his jumper during the season, however, and it showed in increased success from midrange and the three point line. While he may not play much of a factor right now, he may be as good a backup PG as the Bulls have ever had in the future if he can keep improving his skills.

Vladimir Radmanovich
Lovingly deemed "Vlad Rad" by the fan base, Radmanovich has spent a lot of time in a suit for the Bulls, only appearing when there was an injury to Kenyon Martin near the end of the season. He still possesses some ability to hit the 3, so teams do have to respect that, but more than likely, he will be in a suit, providing moral support for his team.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Will probably sim the first few games of the Finals. If I lose...oh well. :rolleyes:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Kevin Martin shines in Game 1

KMart was the star of game 1, the Thunder's KMart that is. Thunder guard Kevin Martin and Bulls forward Kenyon Martin share the same nickname, but one made an impact far greater than the other. Kevin Martin led all scorers with 27 points in the Thunder victory, displaying a vast arsenal of moves that showed why he's one of the most efficient scorers in the league. He needed just 17 shots to score his 27 points. The Bulls' KMart wasn't terrible in his 17 minutes of action, scoring 4 points and grabbing 2 boards, but wasn't great either. However, unlike Kevin, Kenyon isn't expected to score. That role falls upon Derrick Rose, Carmelo Anthony, and James Harden. Anthony and Harden came through in that regard, with Harden scoring an extremely efficient 26 points on just 12 shots and Melo scoring 25 of his own. However, Rose struggled mightily unlike his first matchup with Westbrook during the regular season. Rose scored just 2 points and shot 1-9 on the night. Taj Gibson also had his struggles, shooting just 1-8 and committing 5 turnovers.

"I'm not sure what it was," said Gibson. "Nothing fell...I was making bad decisions out there. Maybe it's jitters from being in the Finals and all, but that's no excuse. I have to play better."

"Well you know Russ does more than just score," said Rose. "He's also a great defender and of course being as athletic as he is, it gives him a huge boost on the defensive end. I guess I just wasn't aggressive enough...played too passively. I thought I had made my impact without scoring anyway, but I've got to do better if we're going to beat this team. This one's on me."

With the win, OKC takes home court advantage away from the Bulls. On the bright side, the Bulls were able to contain the explosive scoring of Kevin Durant, holding him to just 13 points.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Kenyon Martin suffered strained hamstring in loss

The Bulls discovered after game 1 that Kenyon Martin suffered a strained hamstring in the loss. The injury is deemed minor and Martin will still be available for game 2 and the foreseeable future.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Westbrook shines in game 2

Derrick Rose vowed to step up his game in game 2, and step up he did, scoring 28 points to lead all scorers, but it wasn't enough to hold Russell Westbrook and the Thunder. Westbrook scored 27 points of his own and was able to get enough support from Kevin Durant late in the game to push the Thunder to the win. The Bulls were able to hold Durant in check for most of the game, as evidenced by his 4-13 shooting, but come crunch time, Durant made two key steals to push the lead out of reach for the Bulls. Taj Gibson, who also vowed to do better, did manage to perform slightly better with 7 points and 9 rebounds. In this game, the Bulls were forced to ride their starters as their bench was unable to keep up with the Thunder bench effort. Jeremy Lamb, a 1st round pick by the Rockets traded to OKC in the Harden deal, led the Thunder bench with 14 points. Michael Redd, who had 15 points in game 1, had just 3 points on 1-5 shooting. He did not receive any assistance from the rest of the bench, which scored just 8 points outside of Redd.

"There's a lot of things we're not doing that we were doing before," said Tom Thibodeau. "Our bench guys are tentative and look like they're afraid to shoot. 11 bench points isn't going to cut it for us. But it's not just the bench, the starters also have to be aggressive, on both sides of the ball."

Perhaps understated in the Thunder victories was the play of Kendrick Perkins, who has not scored a point this series, but has an astounding average of 4.5 blocks per game. Also working in the Thunder's favor is the Bulls' dreadful shooting from distance. While the Bulls were among the leaders in 3pt percentage and makes this season, they have been largely unable to connect in this series thus far, shooting just 28% from 3 for the series. Meanwhile, the Thunder shot 50% tonight and near 40% in game 1. They have also been able to connect on over 80% of their free throws while the Bulls shoot just 63% on charity stripe attempts.

Having stole the first two games on the Bulls' home court, the Bulls are with their backs against the wall for the first time this season. They will be forced to win 3 straight games to come out on top with the NBA championship, 2 of which must come in Oklahoma City.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Big 3 shine as Bulls stay alive

The Bulls will not go down without a fight. With just 1 game separating them from a disappointing sweep to end their season, the Bulls put together one of their best performances in the postseason to storm their way to a 14 point win in Oklahoma City. The big 3 combined for 69, the first time they have combined for more than 60 points in the Finals, and clamped down defensively in the win. Carmelo Anthony led all scorers with 26 points while Rose flirted with a triple double with 22 points, 9 rebounds, and 7 assists. Harden rounded out the star showing with 21 points and 8 assists. Contrary to the prior two games, the Bulls were back to firing away from long distance, connecting on an astounding 61% of their 3s. The Bulls were also able to connect on 90% of their free throws after hitting just 63% in Chicago.

"They were like a whole different team out there," said Thunder coach Scott Brooks. "The way they played tonight, there's no team in the league that can keep up with that. They forced turnovers, hit every shot they looked at, crashed the boards...it was a well deserved win for them, not going to lie. But we've got to remember that we just need 1 game, they need 2. The odds are in our favor."

"We're just taking it a game at a time," said Anthony. "We're not worried about game 5 right now because there might not be a game 5 if we don't win game 4. Our focus is on game 4."

"I think this is the first time in this series where we've played Bulls basketball," said Tom Thibodeau. "As long as we can keep up this level of play, we're going to win. I have no doubts about that."

The Bulls will look to even the series and force the deciding game 5 on Friday.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Jimmy Butler is absurd in this game. I literally just shoot jumpers with him and he is unstoppable. 9 games into the season and he is shooting 87% from the floor and averaging 19.8 PPG lol. Doesn't matter what release I get with him he hits nearly everything and I am on HOF.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jimmy Butler is absurd in this game. I literally just shoot jumpers with him and he is unstoppable. 9 games into the season and he is shooting 87% from the floor and averaging 19.8 PPG lol. Doesn't matter what release I get with him he hits nearly everything and I am on HOF.
Well I know they increased his ratings but holy crap...that definitely does not happen for me

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Durant shocks Bulls; Westbrook named Finals MVP

The Bulls thought they were on their way back to Chicago for game 5. With a 4 point lead and 10 seconds to go, it seemed like the Bulls would be able to pull out the win. Then the improbable happened. Kevin Durant, who has struggled against the Bulls' defense all season long, hit a 3 pointer while getting fouled by Jimmy Butler for a 4 point play with 5 seconds still remaining. Durant, one of the best in the NBA in free throw shooting, drained the free throw. The next possession, the Bulls gave the ball to Carmelo Anthony, one of the clutchest free throw shooters, but he split the pair, giving Chicago just a 1 point lead with the ball in OKC's hands. The Thunder once again went to Durant who made a shot over both Joakim Noah and Jimmy Butler's outstretched arms as time expired to give them the game and the championship. Durant finished with 22 points, easily his best outing all series. Westbrook added 18 of his own and 9 assists while Kevin Martin scored 25. Derrick Rose led all scorers with 36, but it ultimately was not enough. Anthony had 24 points of his own, but his crucial miss opened the door for Durant's heroics.

"It felt good when it left my hand," said Anthony. "It just didn't go in...wasn't meant to be I guess. Still...have to give credit where credit is due. KD flat out beat us. He's a big time player and he makes shots like that all the time."

"It's definitely a tough way to go out," said Rose. "To get the chance to play for the title, that's great, but coming up short like that...it's tough...it's disappointing. We were close...they just had the better finish."

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bulls offseason situation analysis

The Bulls had a disappointing end to what would've been a fantastic season, losing in 4 games to the Thunder in the NBA Finals. Still, they had the best record in the league for the 3rd season in a row and have an opportunity to improve even more with a lottery pick gained from the Rudy Gay trade, as well as their own picks.

The Bulls' picks are the last picks in both rounds while the pick they gained from the Grizzlies is likely to be in the top 10. They have a 1.1% chance of winning the 1st overall pick in the upcoming lottery. While this draft is being called a weak draft, the Bulls still have a chance to draft a player that can help them improve immediately. With many of their bench players both aging and on one year contracts there is space for a rookie to come in and have a spot in the rotation right away. Reserves Michael Redd and Kenyon Martin both have player options for next year, however, it is unsure whether both will accept and return for another chance at a ring. It is widely expected that Redd will return, but Martin's decision is more uncertain. The Bulls are likely to target the frontcourt in the draft or free agency, or possibly both. With the Bulls establishing themselves as a team that can defeat the Heat, their chances at signing ring chasers increases dramatically.

There are several prospects that the Bulls could look at in the frontcourt. While likely top pick Nerlens Noel might be too far out of reach, there are still several big men available in both the top 10 and late 1st round. Centers Cody Zeller and Alex Len, as well as Gorgui Dieng, are some possibilities who could come in and contribute right away. Their backcourt rotation seems to be set with Hinrich, Teague, and Butler already under contract and the possible addition of Michael Redd as well. However, several good wing prospects are available in Shabazz Muhammad, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, and Ben McLemore. Also possible are Mason Plumlee, Otto Porter, Dario Saric, Rudy Gobert, and high scoring combo guard CJ McCollum. There is no way of knowing for sure who the Bulls would target of that bunch with their lottery pick, but whoever they get will be able to help them right away and add to their bench core of Teague and Butler. Their 2nd pick, 30th overall, will likely be the best player available, regardless of position.

With the draft lottery only weeks away, the Bulls can perhaps hope for another Derrick Rose-esque lottery miracle.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'd like to note that whichever draft class I picked was made long ago and has several players that are not in the actual draft (probably underclassmen who went back), as well as several current top picks rated in the late 1st round (such as McLemore). There's nothing I can do about it so if by some miracle I got Noel and McLemore...I won't complain. Highly unlikely though...

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Offseason summary

Draft:
1st round
#10-Ben McLemore
TRADE-Marquis Teague, 2nd round 2013 pick (30th) to Clippers for 2013 1st round pick (14th)
#14-Trey Burke
#30-Otto Porter
2nd round
None

Player options:
Jimmy Butler (team) accepted
Kenyon Martin (player) declined
Michael Redd (player) accepted

Free agents
Troy Murphy-re-signed 1yr/500k
David West-1yr/3.63M
Tiago Splitter-2yr/1.91M