Chicago Bulls to add NBA D-League affiliate for 2016-17 season

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
The Bulls are failing miserably then!

WHERE'S OUR MANU WITH THE 57th PICK? WHEN DO WE LUCK INTO TIM DUNCAN?!?

Well, a McDermott won't be on the bench all year...he will have somewhere to play and still practice with the team. Beats the old set up when players were shipped to Ohio.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well, a McDermott won't be on the bench all year...he will have somewhere to play and still practice with the team. Beats the old set up when players were shipped to Ohio.
Yes, totally agree. We should have done this DLeague thing a long time ago.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yes, totally agree. We should have done this DLeague thing a long time ago.
The NBA should have done it a long time ago. It took too long to get off the ground running and the NBA just preferred to use college as a developmental league.. and a lot of that has ended due to players leaving college so early.

I'd argue that the NBDL can be used to skirt around the age limit.. or even used as an excuse to up the age limit... players can be drafted at 18, but have to play in the NBDL for 2 years... or stay in college... They get a base salary or whatever, but their rookie contract doesn't go into effect until theyre playing for the pro team. Something to that affect.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The NBA should have done it a long time ago. It took too long to get off the ground running and the NBA just preferred to use college as a developmental league.. and a lot of that has ended due to players leaving college so early.

I'd argue that the NBDL can be used to skirt around the age limit.. or even used as an excuse to up the age limit... players can be drafted at 18, but have to play in the NBDL for 2 years... or stay in college... They get a base salary or whatever, but their rookie contract doesn't go into effect until theyre playing for the pro team. Something to that affect.
A minor league system? THAT WOULD NEVER WORK!

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I should have said Iowa, not Ohio. My mistake.