Chicago Bullseye 70

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
At the time, Chandler was not getting along with Skiles so they got Wallace, at the time considered a better player than Chandler. Gave Wallace a 60mil contract and let Chandler go. The only mistake in that trade was J.R. Smith. If you have Wallace and Chandler on the floor, you are playing 5 on 3. Makes no sense whatsoever. 2 big contracts with no offense between them and they play virtually the same position. Letting Chandler go made perfect sense.

I guess its the en vogue thing to blame the owner, Gordon just said that if Bulls had made an offer, he would have taken Detroit's offer anyway. He wanted to go, so let him go. Been a Chicago fan for years, Michael Jordan's first retirement? That hurt. Watching the Bears let Marshall go? That hurt. Watching the White Sox give up down 3 games? A little painful. This latest episode? Nothing.

By the way, Pippen got large sum of money up front. A contract he was advised by his agent and Reinsdorf NOT to sign. He did and he regretted it, essentially, that was Scottie's fault.

Hendu0520

Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:
At the time, Chandler was not getting along with Skiles so they got Wallace, at the time considered a better player than Chandler. Gave Wallace a 60mil contract and let Chandler go. The only mistake in that trade was J.R. Smith. If you have Wallace and Chandler on the floor, you are playing 5 on 3. Makes no sense whatsoever. 2 big contracts with no offense between them and they play virtually the same position. Letting Chandler go made perfect sense.

I guess its the en vogue thing to blame the owner, Gordon just said that if Bulls had made an offer, he would have taken Detroit's offer anyway. He wanted to go, so let him go. Been a Chicago fan for years, Michael Jordan's first retirement? That hurt. Watching the Bears let Marshall go? That hurt. Watching the White Sox give up down 3 games? A little painful. This latest episode? Nothing.

By the way, Pippen got large sum of money up front. A contract he was advised by his agent and Reinsdorf NOT to sign. He did and he regretted it, essentially, that was Scottie's fault.

I'm not saying that we have Chandler and Wallace, they could have kept Chandler and not sign Wallace or sign Wallace and use Chandler and Deng or Gordon to get a major piece. That would have been very feasible at the time. That actually could have turned into a major move for the Bulls but it was squandered for cap space.

Losing Gordon is not a devastating blow like Jordan retiring, no one is saying that, but how is it good for the team? They could have simply signed him or moved Kirk either way that leaves the Bulls better than they are now. In the long run losing Gordon might not hurt us but for next season it does and I wanna see improvement every year.

As for Pippen, players can renagotiate a bad contract, happens all of the time. Also I believe you in saying his agent advised him not to sign that contract but why would Reinsdorf make an offer and then advise the person not to take the offer? That doesn't make sense, then if I were Scottie I would say, "well what is your real offer then? Why would you tell me not to take your offer?"

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
He told him not to sign because it was front loaded. He got a bulk of money up front and then it would dwindle down towards the end of the contract. Improvement every year doesn't happen, to rebuild, things like this might happen, progress will be shown overtime if the plan works.

senrad

Liked Posts:
We made too many concessions to Skiles while he was coach. The more I look a the Ben Wallace fiasco the more I see how we bought high and sold low on him. I didn't remember reading that stuff about JR the lux tax and Pau before. Im getting sick to my stomach thinking about this. At least we have Rose to buoy our hopes.

I am convinced we are not going to land a top flight FA next year. I have turned my attention to getting a second tier player to pair with rose even if we end up over paying for him, ala the Magic and Lewis.