Chicago Bullseye 76 - Fred is Back

mlewinth

Liked Posts:
After a long hiatus, filled with activities such as changing dipers and Teletubbies, Fred returns to his roots on the Bullseye. This week Fred and I talk about:

- Our initial thoughts in the presason.
- Should the Bulls of taken Dejuan Blair?
- Will Luol Deng be read for the season?
- Scott Skiles has some great things to say about Ben Gordon. Fred and I analyze Skiles comments and take a look back on Scott Skiles tenure as Bulls coach.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I liked Skiles as a coach, but I knew early that he cannot coach a team for more than 5 years. He came here having to apologize to Corie Blount in front of the team for being such a red ass over in Phoenix. He is a great game coach in my opinion and he did an admirable job. I believe that with Skiles the Bulls beat the Celtics in Round 1 last season.

He is a Doug Collins type. Take you from one level to another...but I don't see him taking a team to the promise land. His act will wear then before he can get you there. I think the best scenario would have been a seamless transition between Skiles and a top level coach to take the Bulls to that next level (of course with the right assemblage of talent too). Unfortunately, the Bulls didn't quite make that transition work, for so many reasons, culminating in Skiles' resignation...

TheStig

Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:
I liked Skiles as a coach, but I knew early that he cannot coach a team for more than 5 years. He came here having to apologize to Corie Blount in front of the team for being such a red ass over in Phoenix. He is a great game coach in my opinion and he did an admirable job. I believe that with Skiles the Bulls beat the Celtics in Round 1 last season.

He is a Doug Collins type. Take you from one level to another...but I don't see him taking a team to the promise land. His act will wear then before he can get you there. I think the best scenario would have been a seamless transition between Skiles and a top level coach to take the Bulls to that next level (of course with the right assemblage of talent too). Unfortunately, the Bulls didn't quite make that transition work, for so many reasons, culminating in Skiles' resignation...

Exactly, Skilies is a coach who can turn around a team and instill a hard work philosophy. He doesn't work well with stars or vets but works wonders on rookies and young guys. But after a few years, you need to upgrade to a players coach before he wears out his welcome. Skilies is good for guys who aren't used to the nba.