Chicago Cubs (51-82) @ Washington Nationals (81-52) Series Thread: 9/3-9/6

How many games do the Cubs win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Looks like Castillo replaced Clevenger at catcher. Hope nobody got hurt.

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Damn I missed the brawl...... But I didn't miss LaRoche. LaRoche>> Cubs.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not sure if it's in good form for MLB.com to show a brawl to be honest. But I wouldn't be surprised if it popped up on Youtube or somewhere else.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
ESPN box score says:

CUBS BENCH COACH JAMIE QUIRK WAS EJECTED BY HOME PLATE UMPIRE JERRY LAYNE IN THE BOTTOM OF THE FIFTH INNING.
CUBS CATCHER STEVE CLEVENGER, CUBS PITCHER MANNY CORPAS AND NATIONALS PITCHER MIKE GONZALEZ WERE EJECTED BY HOME PLATE UMPIRE JERRY LAYNE IN THE BOTTOM OF THE SIXTH INNING FOR FIGHTING.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
BJax robbed Harper.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I guess the best news is that the Cubs actually had a lead tonight, and didn't give up six home runs.

Yet.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Of all the shitty fucking luck :lol:

Cubs lose! New thread later. Post if you want to make it, or else I will after the dog walks.

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Shitty Flubs. The Nats made us look like a little league squad.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I really can't believe anyone actually watches this team.... This series showcased how bad the cubs are. Who, in their right mind, roots for a AA team?

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I really can't believe anyone actually watches this team.... This series showcased how bad the cubs are. Who, in their right mind, roots for a AA team?

Cubs fans :cubstroll:

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Nice to see Davey Johnson the bearer of class from the Washington Nationals organization.

"I think it was their bench coach's frustration of us handing it to them for three days."

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nice to see Davey Johnson the bearer of class from the Washington Nationals organization.

He's not wrong. The Cubs were the ones being classless tonight.

“Quirk was ejected for screaming out obscenities at the third-base coach,” umpire crew chief Jerry Lane told a pool reporter. “That was the ejection for the coach. The fracas was started because all that stuff happened and that was instigated by Quirk screaming out at Porter. And the obscenities that he screamed out I just felt was inappropriate and that’s what caused everything.”

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good piece. Just one thing

I disagree. I think profanity would be a part of any game, across any sport. If they want to throw out Quirk, fine, I have no qualms with that. I do have an issue with a man leaving his position on the field looking for confrontation.

Ah, a typo. I'm allowed one of those every 1000 words or so.

Also, it's likely not just that Quirk dropped F-bombs but the context of what he said that got a reaction from the 3B coach. Hopefully whatever he said wasn't racist or that inflammatory.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
From the replay, the Nationals start borht brawls. OK, Quirk wa syellign at him, but Porter ignited the brawl by going to the top step of the dugout.

Castillo isn't that good of a pitcher and the ball probably did get away from him. Bryce Harper's cocky ass had to attemp to go after Castillo. So, in all reality that's why the dugouts were cleared again. Then I didn't see the fight, but some National player was gunna hit Rizzo when he was just holding the player back to not start anythin.

So 3 Cubs ejected to 1 Nationals, that ain't right and Porter should have been gone. Here's my fast take on the brawls.