How many do we win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bowden? He did good last night...

Bowden has looked good, but lets not kid ourselves about a guy that has done well in the middle innings as the stopper at the end of the pen. As much as people want to get pissed off because of track record, Marmol was getting squeezed at the plate and two really talented players hit two homeruns. It happens, and it sucks. Team loss though because Fujikawa wasn't sharp either, and the Cubs blew a chance to tack on some critical runs.

Definition of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Bowden de-friended me on FaceBook, guess he didn't like the Cubs pessimism that is way more than justified.

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Bowden has looked good, but lets not kid ourselves about a guy that has done well in the middle innings as the stopper at the end of the pen. As much as people want to get pissed off because of track record, Marmol was getting squeezed at the plate and two really talented players hit two homeruns. It happens, and it sucks. Team loss though because Fujikawa wasn't sharp either, and the Cubs blew a chance to tack on some critical runs.

Definition of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

True. That bases loaded, no out, goose egg did come back to be the throat cutter.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There's never just one reason why a baseball team is bad. Marmol is just one of many. Not sure why you guys are so upset....did you actually think this team would be any good this year. This is nothing more than a replay of last year. Useless, over the hill baseball players taking a beating until the kids they drafted grow up. Slowly mix them into the pot and hope they can play once they get to the bigs. Get used to it because this certainly isnt the last season of it either.

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
The one positive I take from this isn't cubs related at all, but it's a hope that they Uptons explode and become a national story.

HI THIS IS JI-

NavyBlue

Paul Heyman Guy
Donator
Liked Posts:
There's never just one reason why a baseball team is bad. Marmol is just one of many. Not sure why you guys are so upset....did you actually think this team would be any good this year. This is nothing more than a replay of last year. Useless, over the hill baseball players taking a beating until the kids they drafted grow up. Slowly mix them into the pot and hope they can play once they get to the bigs. Get used to it because this certainly isnt the last season of it either.
So because this team isn't expected to do anything, that means we shouldn't be upset when we blow a game that we should have easily won?

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Carrie Muskat ‏@CarrieMuskat

#Cubs Sveum says they'll talk about options for closer other than Marmol. Suggests Camp, Russell, who have been efficient

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is Brian Wllson available?

I think he is still rehabbing, but CAN'T be any worse than marmol

Id say take a flier on him...maybe

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I heard Tadd Marcum is available. His fastball is 247 MPH and his slider is 85 MPH and his changeup is 69 MPH.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
So because this team isn't expected to do anything, that means we shouldn't be upset when we blow a game that we should have easily won?

:yep: Life's a lot easier that way. Just drink a beer and relax.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is Brian Wllson available?

I think he is still rehabbing, but CAN'T be any worse than marmol

Id say take a flier on him...maybe

Valverde is out there. Aardsma is out there. Wilson had TJS in mid April so it is doubtful he is ready to resume pitching full time yet.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I heard Tadd Marcum is available. His fastball is 247 MPH and his slider is 85 MPH and his changeup is 69 MPH.

Hey, Im available. I'd fit right in with this club. Im old and over the hill.

My fastball is 50 MPH, my slider is 50 MPH and my change is 50 MPH.