derosabomb

Joecawks is a dope
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
yeah weve had a few threads about this already. i know ill be at some games since im only about a 10 min drive from the sears centre.

djeck42

Liked Posts:
I did the search on here and nothing came across for it.. I apologize if its been up before

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Got a hell of a coach in Martinson, always puts great teams on the ice.

djeck42

Liked Posts:
Yeah Marty is a great guy; you know the type of play you get with him behind the bench, and he just sits and will talk hockey in the office to anyone that will listen. We've got til October of next year, so hes on board already with helping try and spread awareness of the team.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
You are on the team?

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah Marty is a great guy; you know the type of play you get with him behind the bench, and he just sits and will talk hockey in the office to anyone that will listen. We've got til October of next year, so hes on board already with helping try and spread awareness of the team.

Loved Marty in Rockford in the UHL days. I think he was a big part in putting this franchise on the map. Marty has always been a winning coach, and he puts together entertaining teams. Definately relies on an AHL affiliate to draw him good young players, and hopefully Rockford will be that team

djeck42

Liked Posts:
I am with the front office.

And there have been quite a few guys from before that he is talking to, and Chicago will be a much better place to recruit players as scouting will be pretty heavy in this area compared to other markets. The AHL affiliation will help as well of course... we are aiming for the Blackhawks as their contract with Toledo is up after this season, but just have to wait to find out.

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
you guys will be in the league next year?

djeck42

Liked Posts:
you guys will be in the league next year?

That is correct, we have got about a year to increase the awareness of the team around here and currently lowered the season ticket price to the lowest in the league in hopes of bringing in plenty of fans by the time the puck drops.

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am with the front office.

And there have been quite a few guys from before that he is talking to, and Chicago will be a much better place to recruit players as scouting will be pretty heavy in this area compared to other markets. The AHL affiliation will help as well of course... we are aiming for the Blackhawks as their contract with Toledo is up after this season, but just have to wait to find out.

Well if you have any opening I just got my bachelors in Business & Marketing :p

derosabomb

Joecawks is a dope
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
i have a degree in jazz studies. can i get a job with a hockey team with that? :pray:

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
Being a season ticket holder for the inaugural season of the old IHL's Kansas City Blades .... (now defunct)... I can only add one word of advice ...

never have a guy in a chipmunk suit as your mascot -even if the guy is dressed up in your hockey jersey ... it is just plain embarrassing for the fans.

djeck42

Liked Posts:
Being a season ticket holder for the inaugural season of the old IHL's Kansas City Blades .... (now defunct)... I can only add one word of advice ...

never have a guy in a chipmunk suit as your mascot -even if the guy is dressed up in your hockey jersey ... it is just plain embarrassing for the fans.

hah, no worries on the chipmunk being the mascot, we have it covered... as it will soon be announced soon. If you are in the Chicago area and not KC, you should definitely look into our season ticket info on the webpage as it is by far the lowest price in town and the league.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
... well the commute from KC would be better than here :) ... I live in Australia. (When I get a chance I will have a closer look at the web page for you - I do web pages on the side and know that any feedback can be helpful.

Edited: I should actually point out about the chipmunk thing - it was real (although I can't find any photos of that thing...) that I had a line that the least impressive player in pregame warmups (a scratch) was made to wear that thing... and most importantly that *should* have been an embarrassment for the fans (but being KC ... well, disappointingly -well it wasn't :/

Last edited:

djeck42

Liked Posts:
With the low prices, one can easily afford the cost of commuting from Australia to Chicago with season tickets.. just kidding. I do appreciate the website feedback when you are able.

The whole player that is a scratch being the mascot would not be a bad idea... I could see a little motivation in pushing myself to not be stuck doing that. Until the season gets closer, I may be the one that gets to put on the costume which should be fantastic.

djeck42

Liked Posts:
We have begun running some TV commercials and placed a few billboards in the area, so if any of you guys see any.. please share as we are seeing how well they are noticed. All the help I can get, I will be sure to bring you guys as my guest to a game or two.

Also... I can throw in a 10% discount, so it works out to being $5.75 a game... which we even have some seats available in the second row at that price.

Last edited: