dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Best move Bears could make. Train station already on grounds, on NW Highway at the 53(355) exit about 1 mile north of 90. Easy access from all directions except the North Shore but could still catch 294 to 90.
It'd be nice for many reasons to have that new stadium but you better believe any long time Bears fan will always miss Soldier Field no matter how much you love the new stadium.

I'm from New York and a huge Mets fan and all long time Mets fans, that i know, still miss Shea stadium to this day cause it just had that thing you grew up loving and loved going to.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I’d rather they upgrade soldier field somehow(again). The location is a lot cooler to have in the heart of Chicago right on the lake IMO. Maybe it’s just me being old and sentimental

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They couldn’t really call themselves the Chicago Bears if they did, and I’m not sure how I feel about that.
on one hand, it would make them more money, which in this world means more competitive.
otoh, Chicago, love it hate it, is an iconic city that the Bears identity will be forever intertwined.
easy call when you look at the money, tough call on the identity....

yeah, thats not a thing. teams call themselves whatever they want

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I think a lot of the stadium decisions outside the turf were city overseen or at least approved since they own it. Couldn't be a complete do over because it had landmark status which has know been removed because it was a fail. :rolleyes:

Bears will need some concessions which may be easier if Arlington Heights wasn't in Cook county but it would increase the team value A LOT.
Excuses the bears have a lot of control on what happens in soldier field. They won't even install field turf because the bears won't let them.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears can move to the suburbs and call themselves the Chicago Bears...

Lightfoot thinks she has more pull with the NFL than the McCaskys......sure

If the Bears wanted to move, they would, and the NFL would help them...Arlington would be perfect

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This stadium was renovated in 04 and now they want a new one? They should have just done it right the first time
What they did was the best they could get.. They had to negotiate with "The Friends of The Parks"..It was like negotiating with the Kremlin!

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
The two best venues in chicago are United Center and Sox Park. Plenty of parking, easy access to roads and highways, and easy access to rideshare.

Wrigley field and soldiers field are nightmares. Lack of parking. Traffic congestion, and hard to get to. Little to no access to rideshare.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The two best venues in chicago are United Center and Sox Park. Plenty of parking, easy access to roads and highways, and easy access to rideshare.

Wrigley field and soldiers field are nightmares. Lack of parking. Traffic congestion, and hard to get to. Little to no access to rideshare.
always take the train to wrigley

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
always take the train to wrigley
I know the red line. I’m from southwest suburbs. I park by midway and take orange line to soldiers field. Both are congested as heck during game days.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Kenny Loggins

Liked Posts:
Spend maybe a billion dollars to host 8 games a year? Yea sounds like good use of state taxpayers money. I know.."It's for the children". Waste

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Excuses the bears have a lot of control on what happens in soldier field. They won't even install field turf because the bears won't let them.
What didn't you understand about (outside of turf). There were extreme restrictions due to the landmark designation. Do you think the bear wanted the smallest seating capacity in the NFL?

In 1989, Soldier Field's future was in jeopardy after a proposal was created for a "McDome", which was intended to be a domed stadium for the Bears, but was rejected by the Illinois Legislature in 1990. Because of this, Bears president Michael McCaskey considered relocation as a possible factor for a new stadium. The Bears had also purchased options in Hoffman Estates, Elk Grove Village, and Aurora. In 1995, McCaskey announced that he and Northwest Indiana developers agreed to construction of an entertainment complex called "Planet Park", which would also include a new stadium. However, the plan was rejected by the Lake County Council, and in 1998, Chicago mayor Richard M. Daley proposed that the Bears share Comiskey Park with the Chicago White Sox.[21]

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What didn't you understand about (outside of turf). There were extreme restrictions due to the landmark designation. Do you think the bear wanted the smallest seating capacity in the NFL?

In 1989, Soldier Field's future was in jeopardy after a proposal was created for a "McDome", which was intended to be a domed stadium for the Bears, but was rejected by the Illinois Legislature in 1990. Because of this, Bears president Michael McCaskey considered relocation as a possible factor for a new stadium. The Bears had also purchased options in Hoffman Estates, Elk Grove Village, and Aurora. In 1995, McCaskey announced that he and Northwest Indiana developers agreed to construction of an entertainment complex called "Planet Park", which would also include a new stadium. However, the plan was rejected by the Lake County Council, and in 1998, Chicago mayor Richard M. Daley proposed that the Bears share Comiskey Park with the Chicago White Sox.[21]
Plus, The Friends of The Parks insisted they keep the columns. That restricted a lot of the expanded seating the Bears wanted

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know the red line. I’m from southwest suburbs. I park by midway and take orange line to soldiers field. Both are congested as heck during game days.
I always took the green line from oak park then switched to red.......never ever drove down there

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
This stadium was renovated in 04 and now they want a new one? They should have just done it right the first time
Why when they used other peoples money. Bet they would have done it right the first time if they were personally invested in it

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why when they used other peoples money. Bet they would have done it right the first time if they were personally invested in it
The Bears contributed 200 million to that project and it was the largest private contribution ever to a publicly owned stadium.