How Many Will Sox Win?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Damn it. Sox lose. Streak over. Just go out and win tomorrow. Not a big deal that they lost today.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's a big deal because this rotation stinks after Peavy & Sale.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Okay Brett. You wanted proof of me being a fan of Beckham and saying good stuff. Here we go. There's lots.

Not a good game for the Sox as for winning and playing well, but seeing Danks and others play was nice.

I think Rios is ready to have a better season as well as Dunn, Beckham, and Morel.

Whoever that really young catcher is looks like he'll be good. Pretty excited about that. (3-09-12)

I'd say give him two years. This year and next year. He's still young and the change in coaches may or may not help. But you have to let him try with the new coach. Two years, if he hasn't done anything by then, he's outta here.
-(1-04-12)

He's my favorite Sox player, so I'm a little biased.

I just think it was tough for him as a talented player to go to the White Sox and have this bum teaching him how to hit.

I hope he can turn it around.
-(1-05-12)

If he could hit the ball, he's a gold glover. I think that the White Sox have kept him because of his fantastic defense. I can see why after firing Walker they want to give him another shot because if that defense and being good at the plate are combined, that's a franchise second baseman.

They're taking a chance because it's probably their best option at the moment.
-(1-21-12)

I'm thinking Morel, Beckham, Rios, and Dunn will be the ones that improve thanks to a new hitting coach.

There's no reason that Dunn is good all his career until he gets here. Or that Swisher is good, comes to Chicago and stinks it up, then goes to New York and becomes MVP caliber.
-(1-05-12)

He got the nickname because Ozzie couldn't say Beckham at first and it came out as Bacon.

He told the story to the SVP radio show two years back I think and people found out about it and it caught on.

If you ever need to know anything about Beckham, ask me. :yeah:
-(12-30-11)

I agree, but by getting rid of Getz we noticed how good Beckham is at 2nd. If Getz is here, Beckham is gone. (9-19-11)

I think Beckham can still fix himself. His problem is that his swing is too long. A change in hitting coach would change the whole attitude of the hitters. Sometimes change is needed. I think Beckham and Morel are both still helpable.
-(9-07-11)

I predicted his spot in the lineup as well:

SS Ramirez
2B Beckham
DH Flowers
1B Konerko
LF De Aza
3B Morel
RF Viciedo
C Pierzynski
CF Rios

(This is just what I think it will be to start the season. As players get hot, or don't get hot, the lineup will change.)
-(9-29-11)

Some of the quotes aren't actual ones because the thread was closed and I couldn't get the actual quote with my name and whatever.

So as you can see, I've supported Beckham for awhile.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I'm not going to count you negatively in the group. At the same time you haven't supported him in season until he got it going. So I'd exempt you since my comment was really directed to the Sox fans of CCS that have posted all season long

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not going to count you negatively in the group. At the same time you haven't supported him in season until he got it going. So I'd exempt you since my comment was really directed to the Sox fans of CCS that have posted all season long

I have supported him this season. I just didn't post on CCS from Mid April until recently. And most of the spring it was sparce.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Check the logs. The haters are there

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
So I haven't read through this whole thing, but how many times did Dews declare this game over?

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Check the logs. The haters are there

Oh I know they are. But I was always there for him and defending him.

It just really bothered me that you called me out on him because he's been my favorite since the day they drafted him. I gave on Paulie being my favorite for him. I've always been there. I have his jersey.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love all the drama for Cubs fans every time they play him.

They're always like WHY CAN'T YOU PLAY LIKE YOU DID FOR US WHEN AGAINST US?!?!?!

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love all the drama for Cubs fans every time they play him.

They're always like WHY CAN'T YOU PLAY LIKE YOU DID FOR US WHEN AGAINST US?!?!?!

The list of those guys is quite long, but none is worse than Tony Womack.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The list of those guys is quite long, but none is worse than Tony Womack.

Haha. That sucks. There's kind of a list for the Sox too though.

Nick Swisher. Great before the Sox, sucked on the Sox, and pretty good after the Sox.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Tough loss, but we were doomed to lose. Win the series tomorrow, then enjoy the off day Monday.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wasn't too upset about the losing part as far as record goes. Just pissed about Floyd sucking so much. Having a pitcher pitch every five games that's gonna lose sucks.

Move on. Win tomorrow and hopefully Sale is good on the mound.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
lineup is got dome,escobar, lillibridge, and flowers in.

Before serious flys off with firing Robin, please note that 1) these utility players need to play 2) the streak is over 3) peavy/de aza and one other have a real bad flu bug and its going around the clubhouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.