"Chicago's push for Amazon's HQ2 gets help from Bears coach Matt Nagy"

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How about you push for a new football field

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I am a software developer so if Amazon came to town i would apply instantly. With that said, i hope if they do come its because they like chicago and the talent pool it has and not because of sweetheart deals or tax breaks. To me this is like publicly financed stadiums. We shouldn't pay for stadiums when all the profits go to billionaires that can afford to build their own stadiums any way. Amazon shouldn't need sweetheart deals. They could afford to build anywhere they want. I still think Northern Virginia is the location. Amazon just likes being courted and some cities are doing nutty things to get them. Bezos probably already decided long ago.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Chicago is a shithole for business: Liberal political environment, crazy taxes, horrible traffic, poorly educated workforce

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
I am a software developer so if Amazon came to town i would apply instantly. With that said, i hope if they do come its because they like chicago and the talent pool it has and not because of sweetheart deals or tax breaks. To me this is like publicly financed stadiums. We shouldn't pay for stadiums when all the profits go to billionaires that can afford to build their own stadiums any way. Amazon shouldn't need sweetheart deals. They could afford to build anywhere they want. I still think Northern Virginia is the location. Amazon just likes being courted and some cities are doing nutty things to get them. Bezos probably already decided long ago.

trust me dude, they want H1Bs

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
What Amazon wants

-1x-1.jpg

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Amazon bringing in business is good for cities. Not sure why people would not want the city economy to improve

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
trust me dude, they want H1Bs

Since trump is trying stop h1bs it won't matter that much. And trust me I work with a lot of H1b's. They are smarter than many americans. Just like mexicans do jobs americasn dont want to do, indian workers do jobs americans can't. If you get rid of them they will simply move jobs to india. They won't replace them with americans.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
Since trump is trying stop h1bs it won't matter that much. And trust me I work with a lot of H1b's. They are smarter than many americans. Just like mexicans do jobs americasn dont want to do, indian workers do jobs americans can't. If you get rid of them they will simply move jobs to india. They won't replace them with americans.

you must not be very good because I work with H1B's who cannot and will never be able to hold my jock. In fact we call them the clerks, they can perform rote tasks and follow explicit instructions, have zero ability to think on their feet or come up w/ a creative engineering solution.

And the Mexicans doing jobs Americans don't want to do is a total crock....did you attend Chicago Public Schools by chance?

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The point is Chicago is not good for Amazon

Yes..I agree. Amazon would be great for Chicago, but Chicago would not be a great city for them. If I were them, I'd probably go to Austin

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
you must not be very good because I work with H1B's who cannot and will never be able to hold my jock. In fact we call them the clerks, they can perform rote tasks and follow explicit instructions, have zero ability to think on their feet or come up w/ a creative engineering solution.

And the Mexicans doing jobs Americans don't want to do is a total crock....did you attend Chicago Public Schools by chance?

Don't want to sound racist but those folks are lazy. I agree though. there are plenty of low income americans that should get their ass of the welfare check and work and stop illegals from taking jobs meant for them. H1b's do get abused but the system needs reform. Like i said try getting rid of all h1b's and see what happens. I hope you learn how to speak hindi. You would need it if your job gets moved to india.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Kind of true. As someone that has been involved with outsourcing for 30 years, here are some opinions:

-Indians are not smarter than Americans. You are just seeing the Indians that work in America which are their best people. Companies don't send the idiots cause they cannot hide like they can in India in an offshore role

-Companies are starting to rebel against offshoring as there is endless overbilling and identity abuse. Much of the time the resume you receive and person you interview is not the same person. India offshore people often bill for 80 per week for 40 hours

-Culturally, Indians view lying differently than Americans. In India, lying is acceptable and often serves as a starting point of a negotiation. No one feels guilty about lying and if caught they expect to restart the relationship. In their eyes a lie is just a misunderstanding, which allows everyone to save face

-Companies are rebelling against the whole premise of offshoring and what goes along with it like: language issues, cultural issues (honesty), time differences, billing problems. Concepts like near shoring and rural scouring are becoming more prevalent and a compromise to offshoring

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Kind of true. As someone that has been involved with outsourcing for 30 years, here are some opinions:

-Indians are not smarter than Americans. You are just seeing the Indians that work in America which are their best people. Companies don't send the idiots cause they cannot hide like they can in India in an offshore role

-Companies are starting to rebel against offshoring as there is endless overbilling and identity abuse. Much of the time the resume you receive and person you interview is not the same person. India offshore people often bill for 80 per week for 40 hours

-Culturally, Indians view lying differently than Americans. In India, lying is acceptable and often serves as a starting point of a negotiation. No one feels guilty about lying and if caught they expect to restart the relationship. In their eyes a lie is just a misunderstanding, which allows everyone to save face

-Companies are rebelling against the whole premise of offshoring and what goes along with it like: language issues, cultural issues (honesty), time differences, billing problems. Concepts like near shoring and rural scouring are becoming more prevalent and a compromise to offshoring

Americans lie too. I know many americans that have embellished their credentials. Heck there are executives that have lied about their degrees. Scott thompson got fired from yahoo for saying he had a computer science degree when he didn't. rick gonzalez of abbvie didn't any degrees when he claimed to have a masters. he managed to survive that. Indians view lying the same way americans do. As long as you don't get caught its okay. And most of them don't expect to get caught.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Americans lie too. I know many americans that have embellished their credentials. Heck there are executives that have lied about their degrees. Scott thompson got fired from yahoo for saying he had a computer science degree when he didn't. rick gonzalez of abbvie didn't any degrees when he claimed to have a masters. he managed to survive that. Indians view lying the same way americans do. As long as you don't get caught its okay. And most of them don't expect to get caught.
Nonsense. Embellishment is one thing, but people doing interviews for other people is rampant in Indian culture. Indians lie as part of the daily lives and believe it's acceptable. Every Indian outsourcing CEO/president lies about their capabilities and bench, without exception. I have spoken to many Indians on this subject over 30 years. You havent

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Nonsense. Embellishment is one thing, but people doing interviews for other people is rampant in Indian culture. Indians lie as part of the daily lifes and believe it's acceptable. I have spoken to many Indians on this subject over 30 years. You havent

Like I said I work as developer and have worked with h1b workers. They aren't different than americans. Americans lie all the time on their resumes as well. Isn't derrick rose an american. didn't he have another dude take his sat test for him? It's very common.

iffybiz

Liked Posts:
Trump is not trying get rid of H1b workers, they’re simply calling it merit based immigration. One Senator pointedly mentioned there were 300,000 Indian workers waiting to immigrate here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Like I said I work as developer and have worked with h1b workers. They aren't different than americans. Americans lie all the time on their resumes as well. Isn't derrick rose an american. didn't he have another dude take his sat test for him? It's very common.

If that's the best you got, give up. I have no dog in this fight but incidents vs an endemic issue is always a conceptually poor argument.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Spoken as someone with a very limited perspective and experience