Chris Ballard vs. Ryan Pace-- Major Flop by Bears Brass

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Any and all criticism of pace will be negated if Fields ends up a stud.

He isn't even that bad a GM, its just his misses are HUGE misses. First rounders, Franchise QB, and Head coach. You need to get all 3 of those right if you want to be a GM for a long time in this league.
The word stud loses all meaning with you because you’ve used it on every single Bears player who has been on a stat sheet before.

Pace lucked into Fields. We all know it. Are you going to take financial advice from a guy who won the lottery after spending his life living in a trailer because he had a gambling problem?

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The word stud loses all meaning with you because you’ve used it on every single Bears player who has been on a stat sheet before.

Pace lucked into Fields. We all know it. Are you going to take financial advice from a guy who won the lottery after spending his life living in a trailer because he had a gambling problem?
Agreed! All Pace achieved by moving up for Fields was not getting fucked too hard by the Giants

msadows

Liked Posts:

He lucked into fields, but a major part of being an NFL gm is luck.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Agreed! All Pace achieved by moving up for Fields was not getting fucked too hard by the Giants

I'm not going to spend time defending pace, because he doesn't deserve to be defended, but a major reason we got that trade off was because pace is very close to the giants front office.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
He lucked into fields, but a major part of being an NFL gm is luck.
And the ability to seize the moment when the moment presents itself. Saying Pace lucked into Fields is completely ignoring how many other GMs had the chance at him too and couldn't pull the trigger. I do like that about Pace: dude is anything but gun shy to go get the guy he wants. The problem is that he's a little too guns blazing sometimes probably thinking that everyone else wants who he wants when that's not necessarily the case.

msadows

Liked Posts:
And the ability to seize the moment when the moment presents itself. Saying Pace lucked into Fields is completely ignoring how many other GMs had the chance at him too and couldn't pull the trigger. I do like that about Pace: dude is anything but gun shy to go get the guy he wants. The problem is that he's a little too guns blazing sometimes probably thinking that everyone else wants who he wants when that's not necessarily the case.

The vikings and pats both wanted to trade up as well according to reports.

If Pace didn't give handies to gettleman twenty years ago there is a very real chance we could be watching #1 play for the vikings right now.

The business aspect of being a GM is really important, and Pace is fantastic at it.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Any and all criticism of pace will be negated if Fields ends up a stud.

He isn't even that bad a GM, its just his misses are HUGE misses. First rounders, Franchise QB, and Head coach. You need to get all 3 of those right if you want to be a GM for a long time in this league.
Yeah I agree, but with the 1st rounders you should hit on 40-60% of them. If you can find a franchise QB and get a HC that knows how to hire a staff your in good shape.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Colts have one playoff win in Ballard's tenure, and that came against Bill O'Brien, so it seems it should have an asterisk.

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
At least the Bears steared clear of Wentz. Not much of a silver lining but at least our QB room is more appealing to the next coach candidate

TL1961

Liked Posts:
At least the Bears steared clear of Wentz. Not much of a silver lining but at least our QB room is more appealing to the next coach candidate
I was just reading about the Colts collapse. Wentz threw for more than 200 yards just twice in final eight games. That may be in large part due to Jonathan Taylor's role in the offense, but he was pathetic today vs 2-14 Jacksonville. Glad he isn't in Chicago. They gave up a 1st rounder for him.

He had 7 teammates that were All Pro and he's home for the playoffs.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

A guy with no money who lives in a trailer disliked this post.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well written by Biggs aka Downtown pimpn

The Bears have been banging the drum for their draft picks the last two years, and I’m not sure the rest of the league holds these players in the same regard. In a best-case scenario, there are maybe eight starters in Week 1 of the 2022 season who were drafted the last two years: Quarterback Justin Fields, offensive tackles Teven Jenkins and Larry Borom, defensive tackle Khyiris Tonga, tight end Cole Kmet, cornerback Jaylon Johnson, outside linebacker Trevis Gipson and wide receiver Darnell Mooney. You can make a case maybe two of those players — Johnson and Mooney — are difference makers right now. That’s not a real strong case either.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Well written by Biggs aka Downtown pimpn

The Bears have been banging the drum for their draft picks the last two years, and I’m not sure the rest of the league holds these players in the same regard. In a best-case scenario, there are maybe eight starters in Week 1 of the 2022 season who were drafted the last two years: Quarterback Justin Fields, offensive tackles Teven Jenkins and Larry Borom, defensive tackle Khyiris Tonga, tight end Cole Kmet, cornerback Jaylon Johnson, outside linebacker Trevis Gipson and wide receiver Darnell Mooney. You can make a case maybe two of those players — Johnson and Mooney — are difference makers right now. That’s not a real strong case either.
I am not Downtown pimpn btw.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Pace got us many years of a top defense and now gave us Fields. I am okay with that. IMHO Nagy hire or rather the continuing support for Nagy is his worst knock.
Who knows if it really was his decision on the hire and or long tensure….