Chris Carter

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
This guy sounds like such a fucking blowhard and I'm not sure why he's the resident expert on NFL players getting suspended. Dude sounds so angry when he talks.. not sure what his deal is.

Major Ursa

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Utah State Aggies
Wait the guy who made X-Files?

Just in case you weren't kidding......

2qa772f.jpg

Major Ursa

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Utah State Aggies
Major,

You banging that girl in your GIF?

No, she's a model named Jenn Kaelin, but I would love to tap that ass my friend. My girlfriend is a promotional model here in Vegas. She's very attractive, but still insecure enough to hate on any female that I even find remotely attractive. When she saw my sig/avatar she said "Goddamn that chick is hot!" I still find that amusing.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This guy sounds like such a fucking blowhard and I'm not sure why he's the resident expert on NFL players getting suspended. Dude sounds so angry when he talks.. not sure what his deal is.

Maybe because he has explained how he almost pissed away his career by doing the same type of nonsense, some of these guys are doing now. If he is talking about Gordan my guess is maybe he has reached out to him before or sees his younger self in Gordon..who knows. He has been there and got his shit together....good enough to put on a HOF jacket.

So does it make him a expert....I would say more than most.

Major Ursa

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Utah State Aggies
Maybe because he has explained how he almost pissed away his career by doing the same type of nonsense, some of these guys are doing now. If he is talking about Gordan my guess is maybe he has reached out to him before or sees his younger self in Gordon..who knows. He has been there and got his shit together....good enough to put on a HOF jacket.

So does it make him a expert....I would say more than most.

Hey Calabis is this you? I just happened to be reading a thread about M. Beasley working out with the Lakers. There was a link to insidehoops message board and I saw an old post by you shortly before I checked this thread. I wouldn't have even noticed except I remembered your avatar. Pretty crazy. http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=219458

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hey Calabis is this you? I just happened to be reading a thread about M. Beasley working out with the Lakers. There was a link to insidehoops message board and I saw an old post by you shortly before I checked this thread. I wouldn't have even noticed except I remembered your avatar. Pretty crazy. http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=219458

Yes that board is in full Lebron Special person mode now.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
A couple of weeks ago I was half watching some preseason game and at half time NFLN suddenly switched over to A Football Life and it was the CC episode. You can edit and spin things and I didn't watch it all, so maybe he's cooled out, but the part I saw was fairly damning. He was playing hoops in some noncompetitive gym league with older guys and just riding his team mates continually and talking trash to the other guys, but not in a funny way, and then just sort of said fuck you and left in a huff. I think a few of his demons might still be with him.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:

He spent most (all?) of his career with the Vikings.

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
I don't like him. He does sound angry and acts like a know it all on everything. Doesn't he know the CCS board members know everything and not him?

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I won't agree with JimJohnson very often, but I saw the segment that I think JJ is referring to.

ESPN's NFL Live, Trey Wingo and two experts sitting at the desk talking about Gordon's year long suspension. Carter joins in on the phone and sounds pissed off from the start. Wingo asks CC if keeping Gordon away from the team might not make things tougher on him. The team and organization could be a support system during his recovery, no practice no meetings, just access to the facility. Carter flips his shit and goes after Wingo aggressively and it seemed personal. Paraphrasing: "No Trey, you are wrong, you have no idea what you are talking about", I mean CC might have been correct, but he seemed all message board style butt hurt.

That went on for awhile Trey: "I'm just asking Chris" Chris: "STFU you dumb ass!". It ended with Wingo sounding pretty pissed off himself. I understand ESPN thrives on confrontation, but not in that format. Wingo was clearly caught off guard by the anger. They normally leave that shit for the scripted, overly produced Stephen A. Smith / Skip Bayless crapfest, never on NFL Live.

It was very weird.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
No, she's a model named Jenn Kaelin, but I would love to tap that ass my friend. My girlfriend is a promotional model here in Vegas. She's very attractive, but still insecure enough to hate on any female that I even find remotely attractive. When she saw my sig/avatar she said "Goddamn that chick is hot!" I still find that amusing.

Come on dude, post a pic of your girl. You got me curious now.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I am surprised he would go off on Wingo.

But when I heard carter discussing Gordon, he was sounding like a guy frustrated to see young guys throwing away their careers or their lives.

For those of you who don't know, he did NOT play all of his career in Minnesota. He played for Buddy Ryan in Philly, and Ryan cut him due to his off the field crap.

Carter says that was the wake up call he needed. He played with golic, and was discussing his time with Philly, and candidly said to Golic, "You guys tried getting to me to get my act together, but it didn't happen until I was cut."

He offered to Gordon or any other guy who needed help to call him and he would help them.

I can't attest to whether he is an angel or the devil, but he sounded candid in discussing his failings and sincere in offering help to others.