Chris Mannix Twitters on a Gordon Bidder

Fred

Liked Posts:
http://twitter.com/ChrisMannixSI
"NBA source tells me that OKC is a potential landing spot for Ben Gordon"

I can't believe that OKC is interested now, but apparently they are.

Rose, Salmons, Deng, Tyrus, and Noah to start the season off. How many wins does that team bring in the East next year?

hfritz32

Liked Posts:
I dont think that team could even make the playoffs unless everybody stays healthy, Deng returns to old form, and Rose makes big improvements to his game during the offseason

fola

Liked Posts:
to be fair.... he did say that Jrue would be taken 8,9, or 10th.

Ralphb07

Liked Posts:
Fred wrote:
http://twitter.com/ChrisMannixSI
"NBA source tells me that OKC is a potential landing spot for Ben Gordon"

I can't believe that OKC is interested now, but apparently they are.

Rose, Salmons, Deng, Tyrus, and Noah to start the season off. How many wins does that team bring in the East next year?

I'd say 45-47 wins. Kirk will be coming off the bench as well as Miller, Johnson and Gibson

I want Gordon back and hope it happens but I don't see next years W's and L's being a big difference

cool007

Liked Posts:
Those 2 new rooks won't be ready and will take another year or two.

If we lose Gordon then our year will depend on how these things go.

* Luol Deng - will he be healthy and can he STAY healthy for whole year?
* John Salmons - will be only good 3pt shooter in the lineup and will have ton of pressure with go-to-guy BG gone.
* Will Rose take that next step like how other superstars have in their 2nd year?
* Will tyrus have improved his game?
* Will Noah come in bulked up and be in shape?

Too many questions. I know they would still be questions if BG were to stay but atleast BG and Rose were good enough last year to help us make playoffs, this year it would be on everyone to improve and take that next step if we wanted to make the playoffs.

I just don't trust our front office to bring in any (good long time) help.

Ralphb07

Liked Posts:
Cool I understand your point but we'll still be a good team. Noah from all reports has worked his ass off so far and it a couple of articles it's been said he looks bigger. So Noah is taking his summer serious

Tyrus is working hard too and I'm not sure if he'll improve any but I don't see him taking a dip

When it comes to Deng all it's all health with him and we seen in Jan when he came back. Deng healthy is a 18/9, he's the big and only question mark IMO. If we lose Gordon and Deng isn't healthy we're screwed but if we lose Gordon and Deng returns to form IMO we'll be fine. I could be wrong though, it's just my opinion

AirP

Liked Posts:
I'd expect Noah, Rose and Tyrus to all be better players next year. If Deng is back then the combo of Deng/Salmons at SF/SG shouldn't be much of a drop off then Salmons/Gordon when you toss in the better overall defense and better rebounding from the SF position.

It's not nearly the gloom or doom that people make out to be if Gordon leaves. I'm just not happy loosing an asset for nothing... I still hold out for a S&T to bring back a big.

PJ Brown

Liked Posts:
Does the season start July 10? I'm pretty sure the Bulls roster isn't going to remain identical to what it is now, even if Gordon stays.

Fred

Liked Posts:
Hold on here. The Bulls after the Miller-Salmons trade were 18-11. If you extrapolate that pace out over a full season, they would have won 50 games. That was done without the great Luol Deng.

Anything less than 50 will be a step backward.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
A step backward is not making the playoffs...

If they lose Gordon, they should be expected to maintain, 45 wins sound right, and then see what happens in the playoffs.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
i think the bulls can't succeed in the playoffs without BG. they don't have a clutch player, or a player who can be a sure basket when you need one.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
bullsman24 wrote:
i think the bulls can't succeed in the playoffs without BG. they don't have a clutch player, or a player who can be a sure basket when you need one.

Completely agree, though I'm betting some people on here will point to Salmons amazing game 6 in the playoffs n say he can be that guy. Just more insane justifications for losing your leading scorer.

Jamfan

Twitter: @jamfan41
Liked Posts:
Who cares about missing the playoffs next year. The goal is to win a championship and let's face it, the Bulls won't be winning one with/without Gordon next year. Our goal should be building a championship team for 4-5 years from now. Hopefully Gordon does sign but not for anything more than 10 million a year.

wjb1492

Liked Posts:
bullsman24 wrote:

The team constructed as it finished this past season would struggle in the playoffs. But we don't actually know what the team is going to look like by the end of next season. Personnel could be radically different. Team style could evolve. Young guys could be much better. Vinny could be fired by then. There's a billion things that could happen. Maybe the team royally sucks and gets a high pick in what is projected to be a good draft. Maybe chemistry is great and they completely surprise everyone.

Would I like to see Ben back? Absolutely. But I'm not going to write off the entire season before it even starts. There's a lot of talent in addition to Ben, and there's a lot of offseason left before we know what we have anyway.