Chris Olave and Garrett Wilson

cdubz11

Liked Posts:
odds we trade up to draft one of them next year? both expected to be 1st rd picks, Olave for sure. Wilson maybe end of 1st who knows this far out.

would you be excited about trading up for Olave? or would you think it's a dumb move to lose picks simply to pair Fields with his former star WR at OSU?

it'd be pretty cool and we will need WR help, Olave is a true deep threat unlike we've had. long ways away but you know it'll be a topic on Bears shows leading up to the draft.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
If A-Rob leaves in FA and you don’t replace him with something close, it’s pretty much a lock Pace trades up in the 2nd to reunite with one of them two.

Im going to enjoy the 2021 ride though.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Just because the Bengals did it, does not mean that it needs to be the standard set by NFL teams catering to their young QBs. There is too much WR talent coming into the league to trade up just to give you QB a guy he's familiar with.

Varking

Enigma
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Toronto FC
  1. Minnesota Timberwolves
  1. Carolina Panthers
  1. Colorado Avalanche
  1. Florida Gators
odds we trade up to draft one of them next year? both expected to be 1st rd picks, Olave for sure. Wilson maybe end of 1st who knows this far out.

would you be excited about trading up for Olave? or would you think it's a dumb move to lose picks simply to pair Fields with his former star WR at OSU?

it'd be pretty cool and we will need WR help, Olave is a true deep threat unlike we've had. long ways away but you know it'll be a topic on Bears shows leading up to the draft.
If you want a WR in the first, sit tight with wherever you are and take the one that falls to you. No need to trade up. This is becoming the deepest position of almost every draft now.

cdubz11

Liked Posts:
Just because the Bengals did it, does not mean that it needs to be the standard set by NFL teams catering to their young QBs. There is too much WR talent coming into the league to trade up just to give you QB a guy he's familiar with.
obviously, but there is some value in familiarity with a QB/WR. every advantage matters. but i wouldn't trade much to do it.

cdubz11

Liked Posts:
If you want a WR in the first, sit tight with wherever you are and take the one that falls to you. No need to trade up. This is becoming the deepest position of almost every draft now.
Bears don't have a 1st next year. hence why i said trade up into 1st. not saying i'm for it, just said i could definitely see it being a popular convo heading into next year's draft and i could see Pace actually doing it.

Varking

Enigma
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Toronto FC
  1. Minnesota Timberwolves
  1. Carolina Panthers
  1. Colorado Avalanche
  1. Florida Gators
Bears don't have a 1st next year. hence why i said trade up into 1st. not saying i'm for it, just said i could definitely see it being a popular convo heading into next year's draft and i could see Pace actually doing it.
Depends on where the Bears finish I guess and what the compensation looks like. I believe that Wilson is going to test better than Olave in most categories across the board and leap him in the draft. I think Olave may fall to round 2.

msadows

Liked Posts:
We'll be fine at WR. They still might take either, but I'm more-so expecting us to take a linebacker or edge rusher at that point.

Also, I'd be shocked if Arob isn't retained. My guess is his interest in renegotiating a new deal went up tenfold when we acquired fields.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
obviously, but there is some value in familiarity with a QB/WR. every advantage matters. but i wouldn't trade much to do it.
Yes there is some value. In the Bears case that value is not equal to trading up to do it.

cdubz11

Liked Posts:
Depends on where the Bears finish I guess and what the compensation looks like. I believe that Wilson is going to test better than Olave in most categories across the board and leap him in the draft. I think Olave may fall to round 2.
i would be shocked if Olave fell, i think he would've been 1st rd pick even this year

Marley's Liberality

Liked Posts:
cbs currently ranks wilson the 6th player in next year's draft and first WR. Olave is 16th and and 4thpositionally

We will see how this season shapes up but I imagine Fields would be happier with the Bears getting a true LT

cdubz11

Liked Posts:
cbs currently ranks wilson the 6th player in next year's draft and first WR. Olave is 16th and and 4thpositionally

We will see how this season shapes up but I imagine Fields would be happier with the Bears getting a true LT
i'd say it would be the "smart" decision to get a LT, but i disagree on making Fields happier.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
We'll be fine at WR. They still might take either, but I'm more-so expecting us to take a linebacker or edge rusher at that point.

Also, I'd be shocked if Arob isn't retained. My guess is his interest in renegotiating a new deal went up tenfold when we acquired fields.
His interest in staying with the bears is purely focused on financials. If bears don't offer him close to what he wants then he will be gone.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
As great as it would be to load up with fast receiving options, we gotta wait to see how smart that kind of move is. We need to see a season of work for our OL to know if we can afford to not invest there in the draft.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:

Be interesting to see how the season goes for them. I think they can only improve draft stock. Scouts undoubtedly know their production will be worse as the qb play will be worse

msadows

Liked Posts:
As great as it would be to load up with fast receiving options, we gotta wait to see how smart that kind of move is. We need to see a season of work for our OL to know if we can afford to not invest there in the draft.

For all we know dazz newsome could fix our slot position issue this year like Mooney fixed our #2 wr issue.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
For all we know dazz newsome could fix our slot position issue this year like Mooney fixed our #2 wr issue.
let me guess, Newsome is already a stud! What a great Bears fan! Everything is solved!

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm against trading up into the 1st next year, but I wouldn't be opposed to the Bears drafting Jeremy Ruckert with a 3rd or 4th round pick depending on what he does next year.