Chris Olave and Garrett Wilson

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
No way. The Bears cannot afford to keep trading up in the early rounds of the draft for a while. Now that we have our quarterback (presumably), it would be great to actually start trading BACK and recouping some of the lost picks from the previous years to rebuild around Justin.

cdubz11

Liked Posts:
For all we know dazz newsome could fix our slot position issue this year like Mooney fixed our #2 wr issue.
you are much more easily convinced than me if already declared Mooney as a great #2 WR

Varking

Enigma
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Toronto FC
  1. Minnesota Timberwolves
  1. Carolina Panthers
  1. Colorado Avalanche
  1. Florida Gators
i would be shocked if Olave fell, i think he would've been 1st rd pick even this year
I’ve been watching OSU every game for the past 5-6 years. They seem to always be on here in North Carolina and they are good so I tune in. Wilson is more explosive and I think when Olave tests at the combine he’s not going to test as athletically as a bunch of other guys. I think the reason he didnt enter the draft this year is because he got a second round grade.

cdubz11

Liked Posts:
I’ve been watching OSU every game for the past 5-6 years. They seem to always be on here in North Carolina and they are good so I tune in. Wilson is more explosive and I think when Olave tests at the combine he’s not going to test as athletically as a bunch of other guys. I think the reason he didnt enter the draft this year is because he got a second round grade.
i find that shocking watching the tapes. Olave seems to catch everything. maybe he'll be more like the Antoine Brown type not testing elite but an elite pass catcher. but Wilson looks really good too so i have no idea. i'd take either one.

Varking

Enigma
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Toronto FC
  1. Minnesota Timberwolves
  1. Carolina Panthers
  1. Colorado Avalanche
  1. Florida Gators
i find that shocking watching the tapes. Olave seems to catch everything. maybe he'll be more like the Antoine Brown type not testing elite but an elite pass catcher. but Wilson looks really good too so i have no idea. i'd take either one.
Oh I think Olave is going to be a good pro. I just don’t think he’s going to test in terms of speed and agility in the top end of the class. I think he’s a better route runner and has terrific hands. I think Wilson is more of an explosive athlete. The two of them this year are going to do damage. I don’t know if their QB play is going to support them.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Just because the Bengals did it, does not mean that it needs to be the standard set by NFL teams catering to their young QBs. There is too much WR talent coming into the league to trade up just to give you QB a guy he's familiar with.

Bengals did it- Burrow/Chase
Dolphins did it- Tua/Waddle
Eagles kinda did it- Hurts played at Bama with Devonta Smith 2 years ago
Jaguars did it with QB/RB combo- Lawrence/Etienne

All the cool kids are doing it.

I also think Olave is more likely a 2nd round pick than a 1st. The first round WRs the last couple years have either had track star speed (Ruggs, Waddle, Reagor) or had insane level production (Smith, Chase, Lamb, Jeudy, Jefferson, even Aiyuk was an 1100 yard guy). Olave doesn't have a 1000 yard season under his belt, and while he was recorded at Ohio St at 4.38 in the 40, I'd imagine he'll come in around low-to-mid 4.4s in the combine next year.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
odds we trade up to draft one of them next year? both expected to be 1st rd picks, Olave for sure. Wilson maybe end of 1st who knows this far out.

would you be excited about trading up for Olave? or would you think it's a dumb move to lose picks simply to pair Fields with his former star WR at OSU?

it'd be pretty cool and we will need WR help, Olave is a true deep threat unlike we've had. long ways away but you know it'll be a topic on Bears shows leading up to the draft.
No need. You CAN find a really good reciever in the second.

TonyDogs

Liked Posts:
Olave does everything extremely well. One of the smoothest route runners and athletes I've seen at the position in a while, no wasted movements, catches everything. He's faster than some of you guys give him credit for... most OSU players run extremely well at the combine and I expect him to fall in line. A low to mid 4.4 guy easy. What he lacks is YAC ability and size, but he will be a very good wide receiver for a long time in this league.

Wilson isn't much bigger than Olave, but he's thicker with really good YAC ability and has that WR1 skill of going up and snatching the ball.