Chris Sale's Workload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd say he'll be monitored closely and could be on an inning limit. Not to the extent that Strasburg is, but to a relative amount for his workload. His pitch count has been concerning in a few games though.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
1) The Verducci effect is kind of too old to be used now. Colleges and minor league teams no longer put guys through that much work. And Sale never really went through too much.

2) This just shows that just because he only pitched 71 innings last year, he's been in a starter roll pitching more innings before. And some of the other stuff proves that he's gotten into a lot better shape.

3) He's slowed down his fastball because he's a starter now. When he was in the pen he was 96-98 with the fastball, but he admits that he can't do that now.

4) He's not on an innings plan, but he is going to be watched. No doubt about that. The White Sox aren't going to shut him down at some point though. Cooper is one of the better pitching coaches out there and will handle Sale however he feels is best.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It was a good read though. It's amazing how baseball has changed in the past 12 years or so. Now that the steroids era is over, guys can't pitch as many innings for as long, but they also have better stats because the batters aren't juicing up. Just a different game now.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not surprising at all, and I'm glad we have 6 starters. They should rest him for 2-3 starts or start skipping his starts more often for the next month +.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not surprising at all, and I'm glad we have 6 starters. They should rest him for 2-3 starts or start skipping his starts more often for the next month +.

robin said its fatigue and they plan on skipping starts and giving extended rest.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As stone explained with "dead arm". its not an injury and goes away as fast as it comes.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As stone explained with "dead arm". its not an injury and goes away as fast as it comes.

I really hope so. Although he won against the Rangers in his last start, his fastest pitch was 91 mph... not good, not good.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Already talked to the guy who wrote that article about the title and whatnot.

He'll be missing one start maybe and just being stretched out. Dead arm isn't serious.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Title is misleading, but it explains that he is unlikely to miss more than one start. Dan Haynes has said that Sale might go Friday but right now nothing is official.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
im ok with him missing whatever starts he misses. i trust the medical staff and experts. if he misses 2 starts. fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.