Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He didn’t watch the film his ranking always come out this time of year
Kinda the point. Why does a guy that does this for a living need to cram like that?

Clint Eastwood

Liked Posts:
Lol @ thinking that Zach Wilson, Mac Jones, and Kellen Mond are better than Justin Fields. Simms was not right about either of them.

I know the pro-Fields people are living in a fantasy world, but so are the anti-Fields people. Jesus Christ, you're both fucking morons.

I'd say that I can't wait for this shit to be over, but new fucking morons with the dumbest fucking takes are just going to emerge in the Caleb Williams era. Can't wait!
Getting the order wrong on 4 likely NFL backup qbs is not nearly as damning as getting the great ones right

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Kinda the point. Why does a guy that does this for a living need to cram like that?
Pretty sure his primary income comes from NBC and his show with Florio where they watch like every NFL game. He’s not getting paid to be a scout that watches ncaa games during the season.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Pretty sure his primary income comes from NBC and his show with Florio where they watch like every NFL game. He’s not getting paid to be a scout that watches ncaa games during the season.
I'll accept that he's a lazy fuck. A football QB expert that gathers most of his momentum during draft season doesn't watch college football or even film during the season to have a better overview and understanding of an entire situation? I'm actually not surprised.

Last edited:

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I'll accept that he's a lazy fuck. A football QB expert that gathers most of his momentum during draft season doesn't watch college football or even film during the season to have a better overview and understanding of an entire situation? I'm actually not surprised.
What exactly are you complaining about? I mean honestly lmao.

He watched the film and changed his mind. Should he just stick to his initial opinion?

He’s not getting paid to be a scout. He doesn’t need to watch all of the nfl games and then ncaa games. Who tf cares?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What exactly are you complaining about? I mean honestly lmao.

He watched the film and changed his mind. Should he just stick to his initial opinion?

He’s not getting paid to be a scout. He doesn’t need to watch all of the nfl games and then ncaa games. Who tf cares?
I'm not complaining. I said my piece. You're complaining about my opinion because you don't agree and making me defend it.

Participating in a forum and complaining about people complaining? That's rich. Are you new to this format?

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Matt Miller of ESPN said on the Score he gave Williams the highest grade of any QB he’s evaluated since he starting doing it professionally in 2011.

That time span contains some great QBs.

Strong stuff…

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
I'm not a Chris Simms fan, but this is idiotic. A mock draft isn't the same thing as who he thinks will be the best QB.
So are you saying he did have Mahomes #1 on his actual rankings which he never released? Anything is possible, but without actual proof he deserves no credit to the claim

RPMcMurphy47

Liked Posts:
So are you saying he did have Mahomes #1 on his actual rankings which he never released? Anything is possible, but without actual proof he deserves no credit to the claim
He had extremely high praise of Mahomes and said he could see him being a superstar in 2 years. Said he was raw but had a very very high grade on his potential and talent.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Getting the order wrong on 4 likely NFL backup qbs is not nearly as damning as getting the great ones right
Simms' track record doesn't really matter to me unless he's right about Caleb Williams. He was still wrong about Daniel Jones and Justin Fields.

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
I'm probably 1000% sure that most people on CCS expected Joe Burrow to be good. Same goes for Kyler Murray being the best of a bad crop of QBs

I will give him a little credit for Josh Allen but again Lamar won the Heisman so I'm not seeing why Simms is being looked at like he was picking QBs correctly when everyone else was wrong

Dstone5553

Liked Posts:
Umm... have you seen his last 6 drafts on QB rankings? Seems pretty solid. You have to give him credit where it's due, and big props for some of those evaluations.

Huge miss on Wilson but other than that.

And he was the only one who thought Lamar Jackson was the best QB in that class.
Said Mahomes was the most special QB in that draft.

Guy seems to be able to judge which college players will be good in NFL.

AND that is a rare talent, especially at QB position.

Dstone5553

Liked Posts:
I'm probably 1000% sure that most people on CCS expected Joe Burrow to be good. Same goes for Kyler Murray being the best of a bad crop of QBs

I will give him a little credit for Josh Allen but again Lamar won the Heisman so I'm not seeing why Simms is being looked at like he was picking QBs correctly when everyone else was wrong

The way Patrick reacted to Simms telling him Jackson was the best QB in that draft is how EVERYONE reacted to that prediction.

So you have Simms being the one guy who was right about Jackson and 99.9 % of everyone else being wrong.

And somehow, you don't think that's worth noting?

What bias is getting in the way here? I'm curious.

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines

The way Patrick reacted to Simms telling him Jackson was the best QB in that draft is how EVERYONE reacted to that prediction.

So you have Simms being the one guy who was right about Jackson and 99.9 % of everyone else being wrong.

And somehow, you don't think that's worth noting?

What bias is getting in the way here? I'm curious.
I gave him credit for 2018, so what are you talking about

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Ok. Yet he had Trubisky going top 5 and Watson #31 both were horrible takes so those don't count??
He had extremely high praise of Mahomes and said he could see him being a superstar in 2 years. Said he was raw but had a very very high grade on his potential and talent.