Chris Simms QB rankings

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL @ stud running back! At that time, 5 years in the league, Thomas Jones had ran for 948 yards AT THE MOST. He hadn’t done shit! GTFO with him being a stud in early 05. He never started kicking ass until AFTER we drafted Benson.
3 of those 5 years he started a grand total of 9 games. He was a stud. It's not like he went to NYJ and flopped. Drafting Benson as a huge mistake.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
3 of those 5 years he started a grand total of 9 games. He was a stud. It's not like he went to NYJ and flopped. Drafting Benson as a huge mistake.
Where would Cedric Benson go if he were transported in his 2005 form into the 2021 draft? Maybe the third round?

He was a great college player. Tough as nails too, he played hurt all the time at Texas. In retrospect that was a bit of a red flag, as his usage was nuts and he was already wearing down. Today teams would be acutely aware of this and avoid him, despite the fact he had some nice tape. With our understanding of the game today it would be unconscionable to draft him fourth overall.

If you want to point the beginning of the end of runningbacks' status as a premium position that 2005 Draft might be it. You never really saw guys who were not absolute athletic freaks go in the top ten again, and now you seldom see the position even go in the first round.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I'm in the camp of "QB no matter what" but it takes two to tango, so if the Bears make a good offer to move up and they do not have any takers, but luck into an opportunity to take one of the top 5 at 20 and pass on him.......

I might lose my shit worse than when they picked Trubisky. My wife thought I was having a heart attack and tried to calm me down because my I was furious and blood red in the face.

I'm 4 years older so I am going to just let it roll off my back this year, maybe......

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels

He was not a stud until AFTER the 05 season. To say otherwise is just flat out wrong.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Simms is wrong on Fields, I guarantee it.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I honestly would not want to live in a world were Ryan Pace passes up on Fields at 20. The constant cunting for years to come, especially if Fields pans out, would be unbearable.

It would be an abomination.......IF "Ryan Pace passes up on Fields at 20." Of course we know he won't be there at 20.?

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Pace would never draft Fields at 20. Mainly because he would find a way to trade up for the guy that could he could have had at 20 - in this theoretical scenario that Fields could fall that far.
Funny thing is, if Pace were to trade up to like 15-16 to draft Fields, ccs would be ripping angry that he again traded up for no reason...

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
No way Fields falls that low, Simms smoking some good stuff

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Idk what Simms is smoking, but I want it. 1) No way in hell does Fields drop to 32 2)Also very unlikely that Slater is there at 20

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Rashawn Slater comes with some substantial risk but at the same time it would be very hard to be upset with that.
Why do you think there is risk with Slater? He doesn’t quite have the desired length, but his tape shows he can be an elite LT.

I usually agree with Simms’ takes, but Fields going to 32 absolutely will not happen. In an alternate reality where it did happen, if Pace took Slater and then trade back into round 1 to take Fields? Home run.

Again, that’s fantasy land though.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Idk what Simms is smoking, but I want it. 1) No way in hell does Fields drop to 32 2)Also very unlikely that Slater is there at 20
I think Simms is onto something though, there is a higher likelihood that this draft will see some shocking falls than what we have gotten used to. There was no combine, a lot of guys didn't play last year, those that did played in a very weird season that is difficult to make heads or tails of.

Fields is dicey. People like to point to that Clemson game but while it was statistically gaudy there are red flags even there. One of those touchdowns would've been an easy red zone interception in the pros, the ball was wobbling all over on his throws. Really if you were to ask for a contemporary pro comparison he looks like Jimmy Garoppolo a lot of the time. And he was just terrible against Indiana and Northwestern.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Funny thing is, if Pace were to trade up to like 15-16 to draft Fields, ccs would be ripping angry that he again traded up for no reason...

I don't think so. Most here seem to really like him.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Why do you think there is risk with Slater? He doesn’t quite have the desired length, but his tape shows he can be an elite LT.

I usually agree with Simms’ takes, but Fields going to 32 absolutely will not happen. In an alternate reality where it did happen, if Pace took Slater and then trade back into round 1 to take Fields? Home run.

Again, that’s fantasy land though.
Anyone who didn't play last year scares me a little. All that tape you're looking at is almost two years old now, we've really got no idea what he can do right now and how he has developed since.

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
yep, slater at 20 and trade up to the back end of the first for Fields. Pace would be a genius, so won't happen

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I honestly would not want to live in a world were Ryan Pace passes up on Fields at 20. The constant cunting for years to come, especially if Fields pans out, would be unbearable.

I think it would be awesome to watch this message board LITERALLY melt.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Anyone who didn't play last year scares me a little. All that tape you're looking at is almost two years old now, we've really got no idea what he can do right now and how he has developed since.
I suppose not playing last year adds a little risk. But really, there is a risk in every prospect every year for the most part.

For me, the riskiest prospect is Lance, not Fields. And it’s not even close. I posted this somewhere else. They are both elite athletes who can improvise and scramble. Both have good arm strength. Fields had a few bad games with some bad throws, but his overall body of work is excellent. He played against top defenses. Lance did not. He has played on the biggest stage, Lance has not. He can make every throw imaginable. Lance had the WORST accuracy percentage on passes thrown beyond the LOS of any prospect. The stuff he did against low level competition won’t fly on Sundays, especially since his accuracy is shit and he needs at least 2 years to develop. He is that raw.

The absolute best thing that could happen for the Bears is for someone to take Lance before Fields and for Fields to drop.