CJ Marable UDFA RB Coastal Carolina

jerkstore

Liked Posts:
CJ Marable
5’10” 200lbs
UDFA Running Back
Coastal Carolina

I’ve been checking out our UDFA’s a bit and think that Marable is an interesting player. Pretty good runner with quickness and balance. Not particularly patient, does better running outside.

The intriguing thing with him is his receiving ability. Apparently he was asking his coaches to put him in the slot (request denied), so maybe he is Cohen insurance or maybe he can be a chess piece in his own right. He says it took him a year to learn the Coastal system and that he needs reps to learn best so it’s probably going to be a challenge, but still a nice developmental pickup.

And he’s got his own online store:

I Am CJ Marable – CJ Marable Official Website

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Fozzie Land, Muppet City, The Former US of A
Practice squad here we come

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It seems to me, we need an actual, reliable slot receiver instead of a copy of Cohen.

jerkstore

Liked Posts:
It seems to me, we need an actual, reliable slot receiver instead of a copy of Cohen.
No doubt and I really like the potential Dazz Newsome has to grow into that role. I loved that pick.

Marable is actually much different than Cohen in that he is a North/South guy, not as fast or “joysticky”, but someone who has the power and balance to bust through arm tackles and keep moving forward.

I’ll be honest, I don’t love Cohen (nor do I hate him like some here seem to) as seems to fuck up in big moments. Nonetheless, if Cohen is a big part of the game plan you need to make sure you have some roster redundancy there and that’s where Marable comes in.

Last edited:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
This is about the whole draft class of 2021 but didn't want to start another thread about it so i'm gonna put it here.

Yes it's fansided.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Costal Carolina... They beat BYU

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
No doubt and I really like the potential Dazz Newsome has to grow into that role. I loved that pick.

Marable is actually much different than Cohen in that he is a North/South guy, not as fast or “joysticky”, but someone who has the power and balance to bust through arm tackles and keep moving forward.

I’ll be honest, I don’t love Cohen (nor do I hate him like some here seem to) but he does seem to fuck up in big moments. Nonetheless, if Cohen is a big part of the game plan you need to make sure you have some roster redundancy there and that’s where Marable comes in.

Dazz Newsome ran a 4.59 40 time on his pro day. Though, I saw some news articles and press releases incorrectly describe it in the 4.4 range. He's a slow short dude. That's a tough hill to climb.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I'm pretty familiar with him. Smooth back, does everything pretty well, not a plus athlete for his size but he is a refined ball carrier, receiver, and all around player. I think his ceiling is very low, probably a third down rotational guy, but he will likely be competent if he gets the call.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Folks need to stop looking at the school, which btw, was really good last season. This is a good back, but we seem to have a good crew already. Glad we got him.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dazz is another player I have no concerns about. This was a really good draft, which is something we don't usually say. At least I haven't in quite some time.

jerkstore

Liked Posts:
Dazz Newsome ran a 4.59 40 time on his pro day. Though, I saw some news articles and press releases incorrectly describe it in the 4.4 range. He's a slow short dude. That's a tough hill to climb.
Yeah, I was surprised when I saw that number because you definitely don’t watch him play and think “slow”. Regardless, I think he’s overall fast, quick, tough, and savvy enough to do well for us.

Last edited:

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
Yeah, I was definitely surprised when I saw that number because you definitely don’t watch him play and think “slow”. Regardless, I think he’s overall fast, quick, tough, and savvy enough to do well for us.
faster time than our starting RB

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Dazz is another player I have no concerns about. This was a really good draft, which is something we don't usually say. At least I haven't in quite some time.
You didn't think last years draft or the 2018 draft were good drafts?

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
This guy seems like Cohen insurance. While probably no where near as talented he carries a similar skill set. If Cohen were to be behind in his rehab or get hurt again this season Marble may be a player that could step in and run some of his formations. Him and pierce will most likely battle it out in camp for a practice squad spot.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

His game is acceleration and agility not straight line speed. He is a classic slot WR. His start stop ability and his ability to break tackles is where he adds value.