CJ Marable UDFA RB Coastal Carolina

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
1620430446547.png

His 10 yard split, which is a measure of his acceleration, grades out even WORSE than his top end speed.

His 3 cone, which is a measure of his agility, is probably his worst attribute measured on a percentile basis.

If you could point to a similar wide receiver who had just a modicum of success with a similar RAS score, then I would reconsider. For now, he probably has the toughest hill to climb of all draft picks and Bears top end UDFA’s.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
View attachment 11755

His 10 yard split, which is a measure of his acceleration, grades out even WORSE than his top end speed.

His 3 cone, which is a measure of his agility, is probably his worst attribute measured on a percentile basis.

If you could point to a similar wide receiver who had just a modicum of success with a similar RAS score, then I would reconsider. For now, he probably has the toughest hill to climb of all draft picks and Bears top end UDFA’s.

Wasn't going off his RAS. Was going off various scouting reports and the actual games. I went to UNC and have season tickets so have watched him live 4 or 5 times as well as watched most of UNC games. He also was top 15 in the nation in broken tackles the last 2 years. As for the scouting reports, they are as follows.

Separation: Newsome has terrific separation quickness, fluidity in and out of his breaks, and deception to set up those breaks. He’s routinely able to get behind the secondary and create opportunities to push the ball down the field. His ability to win deep sets up opportunities to snap off routes and work the intermediate areas of the field. In both 2019 and 2020, Newsome was open far more frequently than he was targeted.

• Makes himself faster through speed variations in his routes.
  • Finds his top gear quickly.
  • Choppy feet feed body control and directional change in routes.
  • Instinctive body positioning and gear down to stack coverage.
  • Won't back down and willing to work into the middle of the field.
  • Runs with unbridled excitement after the catch.
  • Body is split low, creating balance advantage through contact.
  • Could offer immediate help as punt returner.

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
Wasn't going off his RAS. Was going off various scouting reports and the actual games. I went to UNC and have season tickets so have watched him live 4 or 5 times as well as watched most of UNC games. He also was top 15 in the nation in broken tackles the last 2 years. As for the scouting reports, they are as follows.

Separation: Newsome has terrific separation quickness, fluidity in and out of his breaks, and deception to set up those breaks. He’s routinely able to get behind the secondary and create opportunities to push the ball down the field. His ability to win deep sets up opportunities to snap off routes and work the intermediate areas of the field. In both 2019 and 2020, Newsome was open far more frequently than he was targeted.

• Makes himself faster through speed variations in his routes.
  • Finds his top gear quickly.
  • Choppy feet feed body control and directional change in routes.
  • Instinctive body positioning and gear down to stack coverage.
  • Won't back down and willing to work into the middle of the field.
  • Runs with unbridled excitement after the catch.
  • Body is split low, creating balance advantage through contact.
  • Could offer immediate help as punt returner.

Yea, I was excited too when I first read about him. But those pro day scores are tough to reconcile. Maybe he was sick or something when he tested. I hope the best for him.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yea, I was excited too when I first read about him. But those pro day scores are tough to reconcile. Maybe he was sick or something when he tested. I hope the best for him.

Some guys don't test well in shorts. He looks the part on tape and his production was there as well. Time will tell if the tape lied or if his pro day workout did but for me I think he will be the slot WR before the year is out.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You didn't think last years draft or the 2018 draft were good drafts?
To be honest, Pace does much better in the later rounds.

This year he's batting 1000 IMO.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
To be honest, Pace does much better in the later rounds.

This year he's batting 1000 IMO.
Oh for sure he's done his best work in the mid to later rounds, there's no denying that but i think because of the Trubisky miss and the K.White whole deal where the kid just couldn't stay healthy people overlook that he has hit in the 1st round with R.Smith and although L.Floyd didn't play like a top 10 pick for us he was still one of the better players in what turned out a very weak 1st round draft that year and has hit in the 2nd round with E.Goldman, C.Whitehair and it looks like C.Kmet and J.Johnson are gonna both be really good. Now add this draft to his list and i would say it puts him at being good at what he does in the draft. He's also done well in UDFA.