Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
@iueyedoc since we are blaming nagy for having this play in the play book, are we going to praise him for having all the other plays that work fine that Lazor is calling, since he’s said time and time again this is still Nagy’s offense?
Sure. The offense has become very vanilla in design, but in a good way. So, I praise Nagy for discontinuing the use of his complete shit play designs with WR 's converging and running into each other. The Lazor Bears are running a very basic offense with very little inventive play design, which is exactly what I said they needed over a year ago.

The best thing Nagy has done is unNagy the playbook. If you can't see that the best thing Nagy has done is limit his damage to the offense by largely removing himself from it, that is your hang up, not mine.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Sure. The offense has become very vanilla in design, but in a good way. So, I praise Nagy for discontinuing the use of his complete shit play designs with WR 's converging and running into each other. The Bears run a very basic offense with very little inventive play design, which is exactly what I said they needed over a year ago.

The best thing Nagy has done is unNagy the playbook. If you can't see that the best thing Nagy has done is limit his damage to the offense by largely removing himself from it, that is your hang up, not mine.
i think these plays were always in the play book. they just weren’t called when he was calling them.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
i think these plays were always in the play book. they just weren’t called when he was calling them.
I agree, they are running plays that work that every offense in the NFL has, Lazor has just scrapped the Nagy room sized white board, self ejaculatory plays.
And that is the larger indictment of Nagy, he repeatedly continued to run the type of plays no one else does and run them regularly, that didn't work, all because he thought he was smarter than everyone else.

Instead of calling plays for his bruising RB, he was calling for his 5'5" scat back to blasts and dives.

Instead of utilizing his young TE he was calling routes for his blocking TE.

Instead of running playaction or roll out pass plays he was calling his 9th bubble screen of the game.

He "Be You'd " the Bears to the brink of missing the playoffs.

Grape

Liked Posts:
I agree, they are running plays that work that every offense in the NFL has, Lazor has just scrapped the Nagy room sized white board, self ejaculatory plays.
And that is the larger indictment of Nagy, he repeatedly continued to run the type of plays no one else does and run them regularly, that didn't work, all because he thought he was smarter than everyone else.

Instead of calling plays for his bruising RB, he was calling for his 5'5" scat back to blasts and dives.

Instead of running playaction or roll out pass plays he was calling his 9th bubble screen of the game.

"run the type of plays no one else does" is not only a massive stretch, it could not be more false. Inventive teams like KC run them all the time, we just didn't have the talent to run them successfully, which yeah, Nagy should've realized sooner.

Grape

Liked Posts:
Not blind, I see perfectly clear. Name another team that has a HC that has designed anything similarly stupid and put it in the playbook, especially AS A GOAL LINE PLAY!

If you watched other teams' games you would be able to name them. You think Nagy's the only one doing dumb shit but if you were a fan of half of the NFL teams you'd be saying the same thing. Acting like a tight end sweep is the worst play design in the world that no one else can come up with is shortsighted.

To add to that though, a TE sweep isn't even "stupid." It's effectiveness comes from the short time between getting the TE in motion and the snap, as opposed to a WR. It's far from the first time anyone has done it. Calling it on the goalline is also fine, but calling it on the goalline on first down though is "stupid," and deserves the criticism it's getting whether it worked or not.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers

cohen was hurt in week 3. his young TE more than likely wasn’t ready to do anything yet. TEs have one of the steepest learning curves in the league. i truly don’t remember that many bubble screens called. you’re just making stuff up at this point.