Classic Moments

DaHawkz24

Liked Posts:
Simple thread. Post videos, pictures, or stories of classic moments in team history.

Martin Havlat was as talented as anyone. I wish he could have stayed for at least 2010 for a cup. Maybe if the RFA offer sheets were filed properly. Imagine Hossa AND Havlat.

DaHawkz24

Liked Posts:
I think this was a weeknight. Khabibulin, Seabrook, Sharp, Keith, and Ruutu steals it from Madano for the GWG. "Rudi Can't Fail" $8 student tickets and sneak past an usher to sit in the 100 level

DaHawkz24

Liked Posts:
Byfuglien hat trick. The Cubs legend Ronnie Woo was at the game.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Simple thread. Post videos, pictures, or stories of classic moments in team history.

Martin Havlat was as talented as anyone. I wish he could have stayed for at least 2010 for a cup. Maybe if the RFA offer sheets were filed properly. Imagine Hossa AND Havlat.

This is mean to say, but after Havlat got Kronwalled in the playoffs that year, I didn't mind losing him the following off-season. I didn't keep up with him when he went to Minnesota (and wherever else), so maybe it didn't affect him much; but that was such a devastating hit, I thought there was no way he'd be the same player after that. If memory serves, he was already a pretty injury-prone player before that.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Nah. Havlat would have gotten injured getting over the boards...

Speaking of classic moments and going over the boards...

Granada

Liked Posts:
Nah. Havlat would have gotten injured getting over the boards...

Speaking of classic moments and going over the boards...

Nice Kotl, one of my favorite Seabrook memories there without a doubt. Just to add some context to that hit, Cleary had injured Kane the meeting prior with the Red Wings. So that wasn't just some accident, Seabrook knew exactly what he was doing there -- retribution for Kane.

And that was the only way to do it, considering Cleary was never going to drop the gloves. He was one of those real "tough" guys who always hit people but would never drop the gloves.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
This is mean to say, but after Havlat got Kronwalled in the playoffs that year, I didn't mind losing him the following off-season. I didn't keep up with him when he went to Minnesota (and wherever else), so maybe it didn't affect him much; but that was such a devastating hit, I thought there was no way he'd be the same player after that. If memory serves, he was already a pretty injury-prone player before that.
You are 100% correct. Havvy was never the same after that one.

The guy laid there like a dead body.

And you damn well know they forced that guy to play the next game. There's a point in the game where the Puck was going up ice and he was skating towards his own end. I think having him play, and I'm sorry, even if the guy was crying to play he had a legitimate concussion and probably a bad one at that, you don't make that guy dress.

Havlat was made of wafer cookie, but that hit and the playing the next game or the game after probably did more damage to him then the actual hit. Weak body plus broken head equals a career.

DaHawkz24

Liked Posts:
I agree that Martin Havlat was injury prone. I just think he could have taken a deal to stay for a season or 2. Since this has turned into a thread about Havlat (for now) here is his game back from injury in November 2007. Kane with 3A to Byfuglien, Sharp and Toews. Assist to Sharp is amazing! Almost made the playoffs that season!

Last edited:

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I agree that Martin Havlat was injury prone. I just think he could have taken a deal to stay for a season or 2. Since this has turned into a thread about Havlat (for now) here is his game back from injury in November 2007. Kane with 3A to Byfuglien, Sharp and Toews. Assist to Sharp is amazing! Almost made the playoffs that season!
I think there was more in play as to why he didn't sign. Plus, the 'hawks had Huet and Khabi on the books. Not to mention Hossa was the better player and one of the lynchpin pieces to the cups.

If Havlat stayed...who should have gone? Keep in mind, I don't think Havlat was a bad player in the least, and was one of those guys who helped Toews and Kane be who they became. Not to mention the Ladd/Bolland/Havlat 3rd line (technically 1C) was lethal, but I think when they got Hossa, Havlat was superfluous.

DaHawkz24

Liked Posts:
I think there was more in play as to why he didn't sign. Plus, the 'hawks had Huet and Khabi on the books. Not to mention Hossa was the better player and one of the lynchpin pieces to the cups.

If Havlat stayed...who should have gone? Keep in mind, I don't think Havlat was a bad player in the least, and was one of those guys who helped Toews and Kane be who they became. Not to mention the Ladd/Bolland/Havlat 3rd line (technically 1C) was lethal, but I think when they got Hossa, Havlat was superfluous.
Hossa was always the right choice. I believe there were rumors that Havlat was offered a contract after Hossa was locked in, but that was turned down because he wanted long term. I can't find salary cap/contract info for 2009/10 so I'm not sure how it could have worked.

Anyway. Here is another great game from a bad season. A rare packed UC and Peter Bondra scoring his 500th career goal

DaHawkz24

Liked Posts:
Looking forward to some games like this in the next few seasons! There were no playoff expectations for the team in 2007/8, but it was still a lot of fun to watch! Kanes first home opener! Toews was injured I believe

DaHawkz24

Liked Posts:
He was so great! He could have scored 40-50 goals every year, but put a lot of effort in shutting other teams down. Here is one from one of his first games with the Hawks