Cleveland's Danny Ferry No longer with team

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
sources are saying that he resigned, I think this well help our chances to get LeBron!

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My original thought was that its good for us but who knows.

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
I think it is, I doubt that LeBron wants to go to a team where he was before and the coach and GM are gone.

Lex L.

Liked Posts:
I think it is, I doubt that LeBron wants to go to a team where he was before and the coach and GM are gone.

What if they make Phil Jackson the GM? Is it good then? They'd have to move fast.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
He knows they won't re-sign James and did not be at fault for that.

JCM

CCS Mod
Liked Posts:
i think this could help us, or maybe not.

Lex L.

Liked Posts:
We just need to keep the ball in the middle of the fairway by hiring someone that we, both would be good with even if we dont land LeBron, and also gives us a chance to get LeBron.

We can easily get too wrapped around stuff out of our control. We can only hire one coach. If thats Thibodeau, that potentially leaves Phil, Calipari, Byron Scott, Brian Shaw, or whoever for someone else to hire.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
i found this post on another site interesting:

"It has to be for Cal. It was no secret Ferry would not hire Cal and Cal has a relationship with LeBron that goes beyond just basketball. Cal in Cleveland means LeBron in Cleveland."

no i have no idea if that's true or not but just interesting to think about

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Ok, but then why would Cal bluster at the rumors of him going to the Bulls? Cal has no real ties to Cleveland (that I'm aware of), so it wouldn't make sense for him to dismiss the Bulls rumors out of hand but then suddenly be all in for Cleveland.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
me thinks cal wants to keep lebron in cleveland or at least encourage him to and if this cal in cleveland stuff is true i wouldnt be surprised if WWW had alot to do with it

and secondly:
John Calipari insists Memphis 'is where I want to coach'

so do u really believe him when he says he isnt going to leave UK? Also, maybe cal didnt want lebron to go to chicago and/or www told him not to or it just didnt appeal to him...

Lex L.

Liked Posts:
Ok, but then why would Cal bluster at the rumors of him going to the Bulls? Cal has no real ties to Cleveland (that I'm aware of), so it wouldn't make sense for him to dismiss the Bulls rumors out of hand but then suddenly be all in for Cleveland.

If him going to the Bulls doesnt materialize, then he has to keep the peace at Kentucky. He may have wanted to go to the Bulls but it kind of seems like the Bulls didnt want him. Also, there was a report that Cal would have wanted the kind of control that the Bulls wouldnt give up.

Lex L.

Liked Posts:
me thinks cal wants to keep lebron in cleveland or at least encourage him to and if this cal in cleveland stuff is true i wouldnt be surprised if WWW had alot to do with it

and secondly:

so do u really believe him when he says he isnt going to leave UK? Also, maybe cal didnt want lebron to go to chicago and/or www told him not to or it just didnt appeal to him...

Thibodeau is also with WWW.

Chris Broussard said that while James likes Calipari, its not necessarily a cinch that he would play for him. And when you look at Clevelands roster and relative lack of flexibility, it may not be automatic...if what Broussard says is true.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
well i never said any of this was actually valid it's just a possibility because i really cant think of a good reason why he would just flat out resign..maybe because he knows he is going to lose lebron?

Lex L.

Liked Posts:
well i never said any of this was actually valid it's just a possibility because i really cant think of a good reason why he would just flat out resign..maybe because he knows he is going to lose lebron?

It could be:

A. He didnt want to be at the helm if/when LeBron walks.
B. The outcome of the season and subsequent lack of roster flexibility is grounds for a forced resignation.
C. He was a Mike Brown guy and was at odds with Gilbert over how to conduct the coaching search, whether that includes Cal or not.

JCM

CCS Mod
Liked Posts:
It could be:

B. The outcome of the season and subsequent lack of roster flexibility is grounds for a forced resignation.
C. He was a Mike Brown guy and was at odds with Gilbert over how to conduct the coaching search, whether that includes Cal or not.

yeah, its has to be one of choices.

TopekaRoy

The Wizard of OZ
Donator
Liked Posts:
It could be:

yeah, its has to be one of choices.

Or ...

D. All of the above!

MRN

MRNeverwearthesamething
Donator
Liked Posts:

and secondly:

Or, no one knows what the fuck is going on right now, and no one will know until free agency starts.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
when did i say that what i wrote was 100% true