ClickOrlando.com: LeBron and Bosh May Join Wade in Wade County

Lex L.

Liked Posts:
Source: James, Bosh Seriously Considering Miami - Magic News Story - WKMG Orlando

Source: James, Bosh Seriously Considering Miami
Duo Would Join Dwyane Wade With The Heat

POSTED: Friday, June 4, 2010
UPDATED: 9:37 pm EDT June 4, 2010

ORLANDO, Fla. -- WKMG Local 6 Sports Director David Pingalore has learned that two-time NBA MVP LeBron James and Toronto Raptors star forward Chris Bosh are seriously contemplating joining Dwyane Wade to play for the Miami Heat next season, according to an NBA source close to the discussions.

James, Wade and Bosh all become unrestricted free agents on July 1, the date that teams can begin courting free agents. Free agents aren't allowed to officially sign with NBA teams until July 8, but handshake deals are expected to be reached soon after July 1.

James, Wade and Bosh all made $15.7 million this past season. And even though they are eligible for drastic pay raises to maximum allowable money, all three might have to take pay cuts to play together in South Florida.

James, considered the top NBA free agent in years, can sign a six-year contract worth $126 million if he returns to Cleveland. If he leaves for another team, he can only sign a five-year deal worth $96.2 million.

If James and Bosh leave their teams and join Wade in Miami, it would likely dramatically shift the balance of power in the Eastern Conference. That trio in Miami would give the Heat easily the most star-studded roster in the Eastern Conference.

The scenario would also threaten the Orlando Magic's stranglehold on the Southeast Division. The Orlando Magic have won the last three division titles, easily outdistancing the Atlanta Hawks and Heat.

Wade led the Heat to the 2005 NBA title, but Miami hasn't been a serious contender in the years since -- much to the superstar shooting guard's frustration. Wade, who has finished in the top five in the MVP voting each of the past two seasons, has made it clear that he only plans to return to the Heat if Miami drastically upgrades the talent around him.

James, the league's MVP the past two seasons, led the Cavs to 66 and 61 wins the past two years, but Cleveland was knocked out of the playoffs short of the NBA Finals each time. The Magic beat top-seeded Cleveland in 2009, while Boston beat the Cavs in the second round of the playoffs last month.

Bosh has made the playoffs just twice in seven years in Toronto. He is considered one of the NBA's best all-around power forwards, ranking ninth in the NBA in scoring (24.0) and fifth in rebounding (10.8) this past season.

Last edited:

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
lol

Stern won't allow it.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
wade,bosh, AND lebron in miami

everyone should just quit

JCM

CCS Mod
Liked Posts:
no way this happens.

2 big egos in wade and lebron, will lebron want to share the spotlight? i dont think so.

Lex L.

Liked Posts:
As good as those 3 are, you need other guys who can be functional without the ball in their hands. Theyd be a good team, no doubt, but Im not sure if thats still good enough to beat the Lakers. I could be wrong though. But you need more than Bosh to rebound.

Theyd have to trade Beasly to accommodate this. And, also, Bosh has said he doesnt want to play center.

I also dont buy the pay cut thing. Recently we've heard about James' recruitment tour. Why bother with that if youre going to take less than market value? That doesnt jive with the idea that he'll take less money.

Last edited:

JCM

CCS Mod
Liked Posts:
its not going to happen.

i can see them getting bosh or amare and some other good players, but not lebron.

lebron either stays is cle or comes to chicago.

MRN

MRNeverwearthesamething
Donator
Liked Posts:
No way in hell this happens.

Chi-Town Brahma

Liked Posts:
I don't see it happening either......this can't be a real life version of NBA 2K/Live......sorry Miami.

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
that would be unfair.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Stern said on The Herd the other day something about how he will not allow any form of collusion during this off-season...Just a blog trying to get readers.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Those 3 on the same team would be ridiculous.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
clickorlando.com? never heard of them.

Its not going to happen.

Chicago4Ever

Liked Posts:
Lebron doesn't want this, Lebron wants to win but also wants to be the man. He wouldn't be the man on that team, he'd have to share the spotlight with Wade. And then people would say Lebron is only winning because he has Wade and Bosh with him.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I can definitely see them getting Amare. I hope they dont get Bosh. I fn hate Miami sports teams and their fans. They dont deserve a team with multiple superstars. They couldnt even fill the American Airlines Arena with a top 3 superstar in Wade. F them!!! I will stop watching basketball if they get a big 3 Miami.

Reactions: JCM

JCM

CCS Mod
Liked Posts:
yeah there fan base is weak.