Clock stoppage at the end

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
Not trying to complain after a win but if the clock is stopped due to the flag shouldnt there have been a 10 sec run off? Or am i missing something?

Any rule masters out there know?

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not trying to complain after a win but if the clock is stopped due to the flag shouldnt there have been a 10 sec run off? Or am i missing something?

Any rule masters out there know?

I thought they said there would be but didn't do it.

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
Its really messed up if the refs forgot to do it.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Not only should there have been a 10 second run off the clock should have started to run on the refs whistle not the snap

The game should have ended with that fg attempt

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
These fucking refs should be fined for shit like these.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
I think if we would've accepted the penalty then there would be a run off, but since we chose to let the sack stand there was no run off.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
It's really bothering me that that happened, because if there had been another 10-15 seconds on the clock, the Packers could have had enough time to do something had they recovered the onside kick.

If that's a miss by the officials, it's simply inexcusable. If it's somehow in the rules, then the fucking rule is garbage and needs to be changed immediately. Logically, it makes no sense that a decline penalty where a ball carrier is tackled in bounds should result in a clock stoppage.

PrimeTime

Knowledge Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You are correct but the clock should have started when the ref started the play, not the snap of the ball.
I think if we would've accepted the penalty then there would be a run off, but since we chose to let the sack stand there was no run off.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Newblood

Liked Posts:

I think you are correct

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
You are correct but the clock should have started when the ref started the play, not the snap of the ball.

This, it was a sack. The clock should have started at the spot. GB was lucky there was a penalty.

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
If this was the reason im good with it. Just as long as there was a reason of some sort and not a ref brain fart...

AuCN

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I believe if they accepted the penalty there would have been a run off. But when they declined, they should have started the clock on the whistle. That was about 5 seconds before the snap. I was stomping around screaming like an idiot. But maybe I don’t know the rules exactly.
Edit : looks like this has been sorted by all the replies before mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greg23

Liked Posts:
I guess technically a holding penalty on a tackle in bounds doesnt qualify for a 10 second runoff....which means the rule is pretty stupid.

Sack a guy
No timeouts left
Clock may run out
But because of an offensive penalty they get a reprieve and essentially a free timeout?

What if there were 8 seconds left and they were down 3...that penalty would have allowed them to tie the game???

Stupid

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies

That's the correct procedure. If there's a penalty that benefits the offense with time then the game clock starts on the ref's whistle and that's probably what happened.

I just think in this situation Green Bay smartly snapped the ball almost simultaneously as the whistle to conserve as much time as possible.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans

You are correct. https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/10/12/13204822/10-second-runoff-rule-ncaa-clock-penalty-injury

For the 10-second runoff rule to be activated, you need three things:

You need one of these: an injury timeout, a player's helmet coming off during a play (and not due to a foul), or an accepted penalty for one of a number of fouls. (If the penalty yardage is declined, the runoff is also declined). However, if any of these happen to both teams on the same play, there is not an option for a runoff.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I guess technically a holding penalty on a tackle in bounds doesnt qualify for a 10 second runoff....which means the rule is pretty stupid.

Sack a guy
No timeouts left
Clock may run out
But because of an offensive penalty they get a reprieve and essentially a free timeout?

What if there were 8 seconds left and they were down 3...that penalty would have allowed them to tie the game???

Stupid

At that point, you accept it, and the game ends.

Bort

Liked Posts:
I was screaming at the TV to accept the penalty because the 10 second runoff and clock starting would have basically ended the game. Declining the penalty was a boneheaded decision by Nagy.