Cody Whitehair grades for the PFF lovers

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I'm not talking about sacks. I dont care about statistics. There wasn't pressure, the pass rush of the Packers simply was not impacting the game at all. You can say this was the Bears getting the ball out quickly but even then I have distinct memories of the rush affecting even quick timing plays earlier in the season.

Also in crucial situations, like the first four fourth down calls, the offensive line beat the Packers defensive front. They stepped up. It wasn't until the Bears pulled a playcall from the depths of hell that the Bears failed to convert.

I'm not even sure what your point is, are you saying the Bears offensive line hasn't improved in the second half of the season?
My point is that the offensive line didn't play appreciably better yesterday than they did in the first GB game. They have definitely made a huge leap since say Tennessee or Indy.

The line made a marked improvement when 1. They got healthy 2. Coward was replaced 3. Leno-WH-Mustipher-Bars-Ifedi began starting and, most recently, 4. when Lazor took over and began running more outside zone, play action, and roll outs.

Beating a DL to get half a yard is nice, but not really a barometer I want to go by. Consistently opening up holes and protecting for 3+ seconds consistently would be a good place to start. Some of that is on Nagy as they didn't run much outside zone or many routes that took longer to develop.