Colin Cowherd to Carson Wentz: "Turn Down the Bears"

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
There are absolutely questions about Wentz' mental makeup and if he's running/ruining these trade talks.

With that being said, he's extremely talented.

As an Eagle fan if he said he's excited for training camp and looking forward to competing I'd forget this whole trade story ever happened. His 2020 tape was horrible, but looking back at 2016-2019 he showed almost everything you want from a young franchise QB. A lot of weird things happened in 2020 in the world AND with the Eagles. If he just can't move forward with the Eagles, then so be it, but I understand wanting him to suit up in your team's uni.
I have a friend that is an Eagles Fan, and he sees it very similar to you. However, he believes most of the problems with the Eagles last year lay at the feet of the HC, and that makes Wentz's request to get traded even more odd. Wentz has an opportunity to win the starting job without any preconceived bias from the previous coaching staff....

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I have a friend that is an Eagles Fan, and he sees it very similar to you. However, he believes most of the problems with the Eagles last year lay at the feet of the HC, and that makes Wentz's request to get traded even more odd. Wentz has an opportunity to win the starting job without any preconceived bias from the previous coaching staff....

I don’t think it’s odd, the same GM is there that thought it was a good idea to take Jalen Hurts in the 2nd round who he was benched for.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Indy is a well run franchise? Didnt luck just retire because they refused to protect him?

Have you happened to notice the team they have built since the brought in Ballard?

Top tier Defense, One of the Best offensive lines in the league, a great Running attack, and good WR's.

So yes, that equals a well run franchise. Now if they could coax Luck out of retirement..... That would be a thing of beauty.

mbison

Liked Posts:
As a Bears fan I’m pissed. But if I’m an objective thinker I would agree with him. The Bears have shown over 100 years that they have no idea how to developed a QB. If Wentz came here it would be career suicide

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I don’t think it’s odd, the same GM is there that thought it was a good idea to take Jalen Hurts in the 2nd round who he was benched for.
That's the same GM that made a bunch of moves to trade up and get him in the draft then extended him early.

I've heard that the coaching was way too soft. That's a combo of Pederson and QB coach Press Taylor.

I've also heard Wentz has taken calls from the owner, new coach and some coordinators, but not GM Howie Roseman. It seems Wentz has trust issue there. If that's all centered around him drafting Hurts he's got to know that's a decision that involves scouts, coaching and ownership, so to pin it all on the GM doesn't seem like a fair way to do business.

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
Don't like the guy but he's not wrong here.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Colin Cowherd is a bigger dipshit than Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless combined.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Bears org/Nagy/Pace being rejected by Carson Wentz is so BEARS

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
That's the same GM that made a bunch of moves to trade up and get him in the draft then extended him early.

I've heard that the coaching was way too soft. That's a combo of Pederson and QB coach Press Taylor.

I've also heard Wentz has taken calls from the owner, new coach and some coordinators, but not GM Howie Roseman. It seems Wentz has trust issue there. If that's all centered around him drafting Hurts he's got to know that's a decision that involves scouts, coaching and ownership, so to pin it all on the GM doesn't seem like a fair way to do business.

I hear ya but the GM is ultimately responsible for personnel decisions. They did all that nice stuff for him before drafting his potential replacement while he’s supposed to be their franchise guy entering his prime. Things changed at that moment.

jts1207

Liked Posts:
Translation: Everybody knows Nagy is a moron

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Cant stand Coward but he's got a point here.

Perspective

Liked Posts:
So the Bears and Colts both lost in the first round of the playoffs.... so how does that make one team better than the other? Both teams have strengths and weaknesses it seems .... at the end of the day you are judged only by one metric....wins and losses.... if anything, the AFC is not the conf you want to go to.... how is Wentz ever going to beat Mahomes; Watson; Lawrence; Burrow; Herbert; Lamar Jackson; Zach Wilson (to the Jets) etc.... no he is not .... while in the NFC Brady; Rodgers will be done in the next 2 years and Brees is already gone and Russell Wilson can win nothing in any meaningful playoff game now that his stud D and Marshawn Lynch is gone

As pointed out above, since Nagy joined the Bears, the records are identical between the Colts Bears at 28-20 .... and this is despite the Colts having Andrew Luck in 2018 and Rivers in 2020 .... so it seems like if I had to choose, the Bears did more despite being worst off at the Qb position .... the logic at this forum lol .... not that I expect any NFL player to be smart to begin with so it would not surprise me if Wentz thought the same way....

What's funny is how this board wants to praise the Colts because they drafted the all pro OG with their top 10 pick yet would burn the Bears down if they thought of drafting that same OG with their first round pick .... lol

Last edited:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I pitty anyone who wastes time listening to Cowturd.
https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F745e8afa-99eb-4146-9eb8-d3e5df4cd5f8_470x260.gif

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Frank Reich and the well run Colts: 28-20

Matt Nagy and the dumpster fire Bears: 28-20

You have to understand that Ballard spends personal time with the media so that they will write nice things about him. You're never going to get an objective take on Chris Ballard.