Collinsworth

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did he talk about the whys and why they, as coaches, need to know them and why that’s exciting for them, as coaches

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Did he talk about the whys and why they, as coaches, need to know them and why that’s exciting for them, as coaches
It’s all really a neat process and for them, as a staff, they really appreciate the relationships with these players

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
1623784173164.png

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I think he thought he was competing with Dan Campbell for meatball of the year. For @Pegger I hope he is better at coaching because that didn't inspire a lot of hope
Oh, he's a bit of a meatball, but there's a good amount of substance behind it.

He's a football junkie who loves to compete and can't contain his excitement. Very different from your typical Bill Belichick or Andy Reid. His first press conference was a disaster. Local media just thought he was a dummy who's over his head, but that's exactly what they said about Doug Pederson and that worked fine.

Back to Sirianni for a second, he seems to be winning over the players. He's comes across as extremely collaborative. They were having an issue with training camp dates and after chatting with his coaches he went straight out to the players and negotiated less contact in training camp for more OTA work. Overall the players knew he was coming from a spot where they are implementing new offensive and defensive schemes and liked that they were involved in the decision on how to best get up to speed.

Anyway, we'll see where it goes. I have a lot of faith in Jeffery Lurie as an owner who hires a coach. Every coach he's ever hired for the team have either been a coach of the year or won a Superbowl. Considering how different all those head coaches have been that's sort of crazy when you think about it.

Last edited:

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Oh, he's a bit of a meatball, but there's a good amount of substance behind it.

He's a football junkie who loves to compete and can't contain his excitement. Very different from your typical Bill Belichick or Andy Reid. His first press conference was a disaster. Local media just thought he was a dummy who's over his head, but that's exactly what they said about Doug Pederson and that worked fine.

Back to Sirianni for a second, he seems to be winning over the players. He's comes across as extremely collaborative. They were having an issue with training camp dates and after chatting with his coaches he went straight out to the players and negotiated less contact in training camp for more OTA work. Overall the players knew he was coming from a spot where they are implementing new offensive and defensive schemes and liked that they were involved in the decision on how to best get up to speed.

Anyway, we'll see where it goes. I have a lot of faith in Jeffery Laurie as an owner who hires a coach. Every coach he's ever hired for the team have either been a coach of the year or won a Superbowl. Considering how different all those head coaches have been that's sort of crazy when you think about it.
Did he hire chip kelly?

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Did he hire chip kelly?
Yep. He's one of those owners who is very hands on when hiring a head coach. He's been instrumental each time they do this exercise they look at what traits from successful coaches seems to be consistent and where they feel the league is going. He's hired:
  • Ray Rhodes - Started with two 10 win seasons, then flamed out. Actually had an amazing rookie head coaching season with 10 wins and another playoff win.
  • Andy Reid - HOFer. Maybe kept him a bit longer, but the track record totally earned a few more chances.
  • Chip Kelly - Also had two 10 win seasons, but flamed out faster than Rhodes. Fired before the 3rd season ended.
  • Doug Pederson - Superbowl coach. Only SB winning coach in Philly history, so I'll always say it was a good hire.
  • Nick Siranni - TBD
If you were saying Chip Kelly was a bad hiring I don't see it that way. As a fan the team was pretty exciting for the first 2 seasons. That first game against Washington was epic. Their defense had no idea what was going on and things were moving so quickly they didn't even know what their defensive play call was. I'd add, without Chip Kelly having success, then failing because he was emotionally stupid, there's no way they hire Doug, so in a round about way it helped win a Superbowl.