Commanders release long term center Chase Roullier

Marley's Liberality

Liked Posts:
I thought there wee several starting level centers Poles had opportunities to draft but he passed on all. He seems comfortable with what is in the room, including last year's draft pick.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Also that C from Georgia who went back.

Point is that I don’t think Poles passed as much as he prioritized Dline and CB.
I believe Poles followed his board. They met with Tippmann, Avila, Scruggs and Stromberg. They showed zero interest in Schmitz, Wypler, and the guy from Michigan.

Tippmann and Avila were probably targets at the end of two or with the first pick in 3. They were both gone. My thought is Stromberg and Scruggs were possibilities for Poles at 4.1. Both were gone by that pick.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Has been banged up in recent years. Think 10 games played in last two seasons. May see an opportunity to win the starting job here in Chicago though. When you see your competition as a guy who can’t snap out of shotgun and a career back-up, I’d smell blood in the water. Would he accept an incentive laden deal for a year to build up his value? Was one of the better centers in the league just a few years ago.