Comparing what we gave up for Justin compared to other QB trade ups in the last 5 years

JustinFieldsQB1

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
So pretty much 99.99% of Bears fans are happy we got Fields and dont care the future picks that we gave up but alot of other fanbases say we got fleeced or that Gettleman robbed us. Now I dont care what we gave up but here just a comparison of the other QB trade ups in the last 5 years

2021 Draft
Bears trade Pick 20, Pick 164,2022 First,2022 Fourth for Pick 11 (Justin Fields)
We dont have a verdict for this trade yet and we dont know if Fields works out but we all love this move and I trolly believe Fields is QB2 behind lawrence

49ers trade Pick 12,2022 first,2022 third and 2023 First for Pick 3 (Trey Lance)
Now compared to us San Francisco gave up more. Pick 12 is already a way more valuable pick than 20 and 164 and our 2022 fourth cancel out with San Franciscos 2022 third. So basically the 49ers had a better starting spot then us at 12 and gave up a additional first compared to us

2018 Draft

Jets trade Pick 6,Pick 37,Pick 49 and Pick 34 in 2019 for Pick 3 (Sam Darnold)

Now the Jets did not give up a first round pick but pick 37 and 34 are really valuable picks along with pick 49. Jets definately regret this move because Darnold did not end up working out and they passed on Quenton Nelson at 6

Bills trade Pick 12,Pick 53 and Pick 56 for Pick 7 (Josh Allen)

Bills got a nice deal jumping up 5 slots and got their franchise QB definately a big W

Cardinals trade Pick 15,79 and 152 for Pick 10 (Josh Rosen)

Cardinals got a nice deal here to trade up 5 slots but Josh Rosen ended up sucking so this is a L

Ravens trade Pick 52,125 and 53 in 2019 for Pick 32 and 132 (Lamar Jackson with 32)

Lamar was about to be a second round QB but the Ravens swoop with 52 and 53 to get him and his 5th year option, definately a W for the Ravens

2017 Draft

Bears trade Pick 3,67,111 and 70 in 2018 for Pick 2 (Mitchell Trubisky)

We all know how this ended up and I dont feel like talking about it

Chiefs trade Pick 27,91 and 22 in 2018 for (Patrick Mahomes)

Not much to say here either Mahomes is worth it

Texans trade Pick 25 and Pick 4 in 2018 for pick 12 (Deshaun Watson)

Things will appear weird because of the off court drama and giving up pick 4 in 2018 was definately expensive I think the Texans got a good deal for their franchise QB.

2016 Draft

Rams trade Pick 15,43,45,76 and Pick 5 and Pick 69 in 2017 for Pick 1,113 and 177 (Jared Goff)

Rams payed alot and while Goff did lead them to a superbowl he was not worth this haul they gave up in my opinion

Eagles trade Pick 8,77,100 and Pick 12 in 2017 and Pick 64 in 2018 for Pick 2 (Carson Wentz)

People will be mixed about this depending on how they feel about Wentz but I think its worth it just for the superbowl. I know Foles won it but Wentz put the Eagles in position to win the superbowl and they might not make the playoffs with Foles starting in 2018

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Considering that EVERYONE knew the Bears were in dire need of a QB and that Gettleman had never traded back once in his career, the Bears paid a reasonable price. The fact they were able to pull it off and not include a 2021 2nd or 3rd was huge. Otherwise, Jenkins is not a Bear.

For Fields, they could have paid more and there is zero chance I would have complained about the move.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
When you trade up for a qb throw out the rule books. We got lucky he fell as far as he did cause it looks like to move into top ten would have cost an extra first rounder. I think allot of those teams that passed up on him going to regret it

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sheesh. That Rams trade...
Jared Goff total cost:

4 - 1st rounders
2 - 2nd rounders
2 - 3rd rounders
$80million cash earned from Rams
That one stood out for me as well. I think the OP was extremely generous with saying Goff 'led' the Rams to a SB appearance.

Still difficult to believe how the draft and predraft cards fell to allow the Bears to draft Fields in a viable fashion. Panthers, Lions, Broncos, Eagles, Washington all should have taken him and teams like Falcons, Vikes, Steelers could have decided it was time to stack the deck and competed for the pick.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
The Bears honestly didn't give up that much for a QB of Fields caliber. Him and Lawrence have been 1a and 1b since High School. Anyone thinking they got fleeced is an idiot, quite honestly. It was a good deal on both sides.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
If Fields turns out to be a top-tier franchise QB, Pace could have given up double what he did and it would’ve been worth the cost.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
The fact that we did not have to give up more is what I'm excited about...Did we give up a lot, maybe, but it is all going to be water under the bridge if Fields turns into a top tier QB....

Nelly

Liked Posts:
When you trade up for a qb throw out the rule books.
This. The problem is that teams fall in love with guys that maybe shouldn't ideally fall in love with and thus convince themselves that trading a boatload of picks for their guy is a good idea. It's blown up in a whole lot of people's faces.

Considering Fields' pedigree and resume, I thought if any guy was worth us trading up for, he was the only one. Glad it fell that way, cause if it was Lance that fell and we grabbed him then I'd basically be where I was when Mitch was drafted, which was to say "well ok, hopefully he can figure out how to translate those physical tools to a big jump in the level of competition."

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Sheesh. That Rams trade...
Jared Goff total cost:

4 - 1st rounders
2 - 2nd rounders
2 - 3rd rounders
$80million cash earned from Rams
Rams won't have a first rounder until my youngest is 4 years old?

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Says the only one taking it. What a soppy pussy you be. So much so, it’s turned your brain to mush.
Remember the good old days when you had witty comebacks?

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
So pretty much 99.99% of Bears fans are happy we got Fields
And we all know that that 0.01% is right here on CCS.

Yeah, I'm talking about YOU! We all know who you are.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
And we all know that that 0.01% is right here on CCS.

Yeah, I'm talking about YOU! We all know who you are.
Trubisexuals of CCS
Awkward muppet Blank Template - Imgflip

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
That one stood out for me as well. I think the OP was extremely generous with saying Goff 'led' the Rams to a SB appearance.

Still difficult to believe how the draft and predraft cards fell to allow the Bears to draft Fields in a viable fashion. Panthers, Lions, Broncos, Eagles, Washington all should have taken him and teams like Falcons, Vikes, Steelers could have decided it was time to stack the deck and competed for the pick.
Add the Pat and Washington, maybe even the Colts.

Miracles do happen.