Condoleezza Rice - next NFL Commissioner?

CaresBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here's an exhaustive list of all the people with a realistic chance of becoming the new commish who will represent the players or the fans:
One could hope I suppose. Do a search for Condoleeza and you will see a huge push for her and notice by whom. Did see Ditka's name also, but yeah I would like to see someone who was more closely aligned with football like a player or coach.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
One could hope I suppose. Do a search for Condoleeza and you will see a huge push for her and notice by whom. Did see Ditka's name also, but yeah I would like to see someone who was more closely aligned with football like a player or coach.

And you think a bunch of rich old white billionaires are going to choose a black woman to be their boss? LOL thanks for the laugh.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
clayton-bigsby-meme-generator-condoleezza-rice-sounds-like-a-mexican-dish-9bd045.jpg

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
She wouldnt be their boss,they are HER boss..The NFL Commish works for the owners

Yes and No. This would also create a lot of dissatisfaction among the players. None of them want to take orders from a woman, nor should they have to, given that not a single woman plays in their league.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yes and No. This would also create a lot of dissatisfaction among the players. None of them want to take orders from a woman, nor should they have to, given that not a single woman plays in their league.

Of course they will. Despite being on the wrong side of political history, Condi is still far more intelligent than they are. When she says something they'll damn well do what they're told.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Of course they will. Despite being on the wrong side of political history, Condi is still far more intelligent than they are. When she says something they'll damn well do what they're told.

THIS..Once again, mick and I agree...HISTORY!!

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
And you think a bunch of rich old white billionaires are going to choose a black woman to be their boss? LOL thanks for the laugh.
Always turns into race w this shit.

Rich old white people is seriously the excuse and apparent reason for everything. It's allllwayyyys rich old white people.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
As for Conni, she's my girl. I hope she became Commish- she wouldn't take shit and would crack down on this crap. Connie would be awesome

Then again, she's dating white guy. So cam Cobb and Jim would just call her a Uncle Tom

So..

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Women run many a Corporation in America..GM for one...If Neanderthal men cant handle it...They can look for a new job

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Women run many a Corporation in America..GM for one...If Neanderthal men cant handle it...They can look for a new job

The players are the reason for the league my friend. They're much more valuable than a female commish.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
The players are the reason for the league my friend. They're much more valuable than a female commish.

The players don't get paid without the league. When one player leaves, another takes his place. That tells you how important players are on an individual basis. Playing in the NFL is a privilege.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
The players don't get paid without the league.

Neither does a commish.

When one player leaves, another takes his place.

And when a commish leaves, another takes their place. Doesn't change the fact that the players make the league, not the commish.

Playing in the NFL is a privilege.

It's a job for the players, it's how they make their livelihood. So playing in the NFL is as much a privilege as flipping fries at McDonald's is.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
It's a job for the players, it's how they make their livelihood. So playing in the NFL is as much a privilege as flipping fries at McDonald's is.

Exactly. Do as the bosses say or get a job at Wendy's or in Canada or whatever.

BTW they flip burgers, not fries.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Exactly. Do as the bosses say or get a job at Wendy's or in Canada or whatever.

BTW they flip burgers, not fries.

You're not getting it. If I was accused of hitting my son too hard, my boss at McDonald's wouldn't fire me. So neither should a player in the NFL, regardless of the fact that that profession is more in the spotlight. If AP is convicted, fine, kick him out. Until then, he should play.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You're not getting it. If I was accused of hitting my son too hard, my boss at McDonald's wouldn't fire me. So neither should a player in the NFL, regardless of the fact that that profession is more in the spotlight. If AP is convicted, fine, kick him out. Until then, he should play.

AP wasnt fired,he is just not playing

Ive done a complete 180 on this issue since I found out that AP will be paid while he is detached from the team.

When you work for someone and they pay you a salary, you perform in any capacity the employer desires..In this case, AP's capacity is not to play. If they had suspended his pay, I would be in "your camp".. But since he is on the payroll, he does as the boss asks. When he dons the Vikings uniform, he represents the owners. If he is viewed as a negative by the public, they have every right not to play him until the matter is cleared up one way or the other. Especially since him playing would cause money to stop coming in to the Vikes in the form of emdorsements..

Someone in an earlier post mentioned cops..If a cop is accused of some crime, and it appears to have any merit at all, his Police powers are suspended... He is still paid however, until the matter is adjudicated... In essence the Vikes are doing the same with AP. His is still an employee but he isnt being allowed to represent the team in public until the matter is cleared up one way or the other

Last edited:

CaresBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The reason I wouldn't want Condi for commish is not because she is a woman nor whether she is intelligent enough it's because I feel she will support more international games and to include international NFL teams. This year we have 6 teams, 3 games in London. Bears most likely will have to go next year to London , losing a home game. Then adding more games for the season and so on & on. Goodell stole & capitalized on fans love of the game. Wishful thinking on my part that someone will come in to stop this. I just hope I'm not around when American football becomes World football!