Confession time

Brandon Marshall

Liked Posts:
Before the Mack trade I was hoping for 9 wins, with 7 being my low. I wanted to have at least one or two meaningful December games where we weren't eliminated from the wildcard. After the Mack track, clinching a wildcard spot was my goal. When you trade 2 firsts and don't have your 2nd next season either, your team doesn't have that much opportunity to add for the following season other than internal growth. Winning the division + internal growth and the Bears are looking to be among the top teams again next season. Of course, we've also been blessed with injury luck this season, which could go the wrong way next year.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Congestion time.. Secretly crushing on windy's mocks

This is the first time I can remember since Urlacher and Briggs terrorized QBs that I haven’t really looked at mocks or thought about the off season. I think I’d rather have Mack then Nick Bosa though. So, he’s arguably the best Rush in this draft, so Pace with the best first round pick in Mack Mack Mack attack!

I am so excited to have been wrong!

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Totally honest, I predicted 10 win season with a higher ceiling potential.

I was mocked and given so much shit for well over a year or two during this rebuild. Pace haters n trolls a plenty. Majority took the wait and see approach, which is more than justified the way this team has hurt us for so long.

Wasn't being a homer or Kool-Aid, like we've all been victim of before, self included. I gave nearly a dozen logical reasons for optimism this year. Tried to tell ya'lls. :shrug:

Not flash in pan like Philly or JAX...Legit Bears team. Just banked $2,545 for simply making the playoffs (@4.75:1 up to 6:1) including $50 --> $575 @ 10.5:1 bonus action. Hells to the yeah. :bearbang:
We'll never see odds like that anytime soon. Cover blown now. (cue the "Don't care" meme?)

Still not consistently proven all-world beaters yet, but proven they can hang with and beat anyone, which is exciting as hell. Really hoping Nagy has em' healthy & ready in playoffs.

Cheers to OP and others for being cool & more wins to come!!

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought wild card even before the Mack trade. I can't remember, but I think I predicted 11-5

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I figured 7-9 wins was possible. Was hoping that the addition of Mack and the Nagy/Trubisky connection could maybe net us double digit wins if things went perfectly. Things are going pretty fucking well.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
Before the Mack deal, I was looking for maybe 8-8, with steady improvement, making a push at the end to be a spoiler. After the trade, expectation skyrocketed, hoping for a WC. I thought the Vikings and packers would be leading the NFCN with the Bears biting them in the ass. This is so much better.

I still can’t believe the Raiders let him go. His impact is felt throughout the team.

clear

Liked Posts:
At halftime of the first Packers game, 15-1, after the game was over 6-10. But seriously, preseason i had it 9-7 pre-Mack/ 10-6 post-Mack.

LOL! That first game of the year was a traumatic experience for Bears fans

Dick Jauron

2001 AP Coach of the Year
Donator
Liked Posts:
Okay. Confession time. What would you have been happy with in August and what did you actually expect?

I wanted a winning season and expected 6-8 wins. I would have still been happy.

Prior to the Mack trade, I said 8-8.

After Mack, I said 9-10.

Division title? Beating Green Bay? Playoffs?

Hell naw.

Best case scenario: in the hunt for the Wild Card until week 16ish.

This season exceeded my expectations and the scary thing is that it will get even better next year offensively.

GoBears

Liked Posts:
Okay. Confession time. What would you have been happy with in August and what did you actually expect?

If we don't win 5 Suprabowls this year, I'm going to be disappointed.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd have been satisfied with 8-8, happy with > .500, pleasantly surprised with a wildcard birth. Winning the division is like Christmas in December and now I'm daring to hope for a possible first round bye.

What really made me happy yesterday was noticing that Trubisky's pocket awareness has become excellent.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
LOL what a bunch of bullshit in this thread. There were but a few on here that predicted a winning season prior to the start and they all got mercilessly shouted down as meatball homers. Now 80% predicted 9-7 or better. CCS is a trip.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Once we got Mack, accept 9 and Happy with playoffs. Before Mack, OK with 7 happy with 9. I though Mack had to be worth 2 games.

bearsfootball516

Liked Posts:
I thought 8-8 with a best-scenario chance of getting a wild card. I'm very happy.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
I'd have been satisfied with 8-8, happy with > .500, pleasantly surprised with a wildcard birth. Winning the division is like Christmas in December and now I'm daring to hope for a possible first round bye.

What really made me happy yesterday was noticing that Trubisky's pocket awareness has become excellent.
What really made me happy was that turd eating face Erin was making when time ran out

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
Happy?
Pace: He had enough time to build the roster, it was time to compete for the playoffs. (Probably 9-7)
Nagy: I wanted to see growth. (Probably 8-8)

Expectations? 8-8

Spirit Hartigan

Liked Posts:
LOL what a bunch of bullshit in this thread. There were but a few on here that predicted a winning season prior to the start and they all got mercilessly shouted down as meatball homers. Now 80% predicted 9-7 or better. CCS is a trip.

Not from me. I'll call myself out. I expected about 6-10 and 8-8 at best. Furthermore, as a lifelong fan and Chicago native, 2 years ago was the least involved I've ever been in following the Bears season. I was watching most games as if I was a zombie and would shrug when they lost. Last year when they drafted Trubs, there was reason to be interested again just to see him play. And this year there's a real buzz about our Bears. It feels like 2005 when the Bears were on the rise and a legit contender. The good times are back and it's great to be a fan!

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Before the Mack trade, I had the Bears at 6-10, maybe 7-9. After the Mack trade, I thought maybe they could squeeze out 9 wins and win the Wild Card. Certainly exceeded my expectations.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
August I would've been happy with 8.
After the Packers things were looking much better. By October and the 6TD game I was saying Super Bowl and being told to calm down on Twitter. After that I started looking at the schedule thinking 11 to 12 wins or more could be possible.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I had faith in the team. Subtracting Fox added about 5 wins then adding Mack to an already strong defense added about 4. I was feeling 9-7 with a possible wildcard team but they are looking at 12-4 potentially

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I had faith in the team. Subtracting Fox added about 5 wins then adding Mack to an already strong defense added about 4. I was feeling 9-7 with a possible wildcard team but they are looking at 12-4 potentially

BOOMsauce