Congrats Captain Toews

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="PatrickSharpRules"]Toews defines the Hawks. Guy is a complete player, person and Jedi.[/quote]

i would give the jedi title to niemi

spkvuq.gif

Razzberry

Liked Posts:
[quote name="Razzberry"]I'd be incredibly surprised if he didn't hand it to Hossa first. Maybe not quite to the same degree as when Sakic gave it to Bourque, but something similar.[/quote]

Called it! :D

Razzberry

Liked Posts:
This feels a bit like pissing on the parade and I was trying to find a good thread to put this in. I'm not really posting it as a negative, but mostly because I didn't know and I'm sure other people might find it interesting.

Apparently because Toews won the Conn Smythe, the Hawks now have an additional 1.3M against the cap in bonuses next year. Kinda wish Keith won it now, heh.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="Razzberry"]This feels a bit like pissing on the parade and I was trying to find a good thread to put this in. I'm not really posting it as a negative, but mostly because I didn't know and I'm sure other people might find it interesting.

Apparently because Toews won the Conn Smythe, the Hawks now have an additional 1.3M against the cap in bonuses next year. Kinda wish Keith won it now, heh.[/quote]

Thanks for that.

debbie-downer.jpg

5Minutes4Fighting

Liked Posts:
What? I admittedly Know very little about a lot of the fine print of the CBA and the Cap, but how the hell does a bonus for something that happens this year effect the Cap for next year? Do some players get bonuses if the team wins the Cup, or Keith for winning the Norris? And that all would effect next year's cap? That makes zero sense to me.

-5Minutes

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
the details might be wrong, but the salary for toews is the normal ELC@850k plus around 2m in bonus money, which is included in the cap hit. these bonuses apply only to entry level contracts and maybe also bonuses added to contracts to 35+ year old players. keith was on a "normal" contract with no bonus clauses.

now it's possible to exceed the cap by the amount of the bonuses that can be paid out, by moving the bonus money to next year. there are i believe A and B bonuses, which are things like winning the scoring title or scoring 50+ goals and stuff like that and also bonus for winning awards such as the CS.

now that toews won the CS and the bonus is paid out, it will then be taken away from next years cap, where the bonuses were moved to comply with the cap this year. i hope this makes sense. details might be wrong, but that's the general idea of it.