Congrats to Vancouver...

chasman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hey TCD, when I come up there in Aug, I'll make sure to bring a Stanley Cup T Shirt..........just to walk around town in.

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, after my experience last weekend with some Vancouver fans I must admit that there are some really classy ones out there. After Game 6 we went right to a OHare airport hotel and flew out early Monday morning for Mexico with our jerseys in tow. While at the pool on Sunday I have a conversation with a guy who was wearing a Canadian hockey hat at the pool (I had on a Blackhawks hat), long story short we hit it off and they invite the three of us to join their entire group for the game on Tuesday night. Turns out this guy owns a number of sports stores in and around Vancouver and his great grandfather won the Cup in 1915 and is some sort of legend in Vancouver. The whole family is well known with most of the boys through the generations playing hockey and one even making it into the NHL. They were a blast to watch the game with and there was alot of good ribbing going on. There had to be about 15 people at our area watching and everyone was very cool. Of course, some Ahole not part of their group decided to join our group and this guy was obnoxious, we all ignored him. Anyways, this family and their sons grew up with Seabs and his brother Keith and his store supplied Seabs his skates, sticks and such as a kid and still sees him in the offseason. Pretty small world........ classy family. There is discussion that we will fly their for a game and them doing the same here in Chicago. They want to come to Chicago as much as I want to go to a game in Vancouver. We are looking forward to meeting up with them again. Great time and great people...

I would bet TCD knows the family and the stores after looking them up online after our return home last night.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You want EVERY round to be terribly boring?

Nope, Stu, the Preds are just the team I dislike the least in the West. The sooner that the remaining teams in the West exit, the better as far as I'm concerned.