Connor Shaw cut

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears cut Connor Shaw today. So I guess he wasn't what some on here thought he was.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/05/30/bears-cut-a-quarterback-to-make-room-for-victor-cruz/

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't break your arm, ft.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
We could've moved Trub to the PS.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't remember people saying he was the answer. But several were hoping to see if he could develop into a good backup. He has a little Russell Wilson to him, but nothing that showed he has what it takes to be a starter. I wonder if his rehab is coming along slower than expected?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't remember people saying he was the answer. But several were hoping to see if he could develop into a good backup. He has a little Russell Wilson to him, but nothing that showed he has what it takes to be a starter. I wonder if his rehab is coming along slower than expected?

:aj:

This site...

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
:aj:

This site...

Is Wilson short and does he extend the play by rolling out of the pocket? Maybe it's a context issue with you?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It was a matter of time. They were never going to carry four QBs and they obviously brought Sanchez in for his experience and preparation help.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought you meant that Connor Shaw was mulatto...not really seeing any comparison, TBH, but your comp was still better than the PT Willis/Cam Newton stuff.

lol... don't think that thought didn't cross my mind.

I feel like you guys are reading too much into it. I didn't say they were the same, played the same, had the exact same skillset, were the same athletically or anything like that. I said he had "some russell wilson to him". I know Shaw is like 2" taller... but he plays like a smaller guy with vision in the pocket issues, that has a knack of extending plays with his feet by rolling outside of the pocket. It was a simple and harmless comparison followed up in the same breath with "nothing that showed he has what it takes to be a starter".

dawags

Liked Posts:
Curious, cut the only camp arm who knows the playbook.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Is Wilson short and does he extend the play by rolling out of the pocket? Maybe it's a context issue with you?

Can Connor throw with any velocity? Wilson doesn't tend to leave the pocket early. I like the kid but come on. You want possible starters or established vets as your backups. Connor may eventually become a journeyman backup, occasional starter but that's his ceiling.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Read my first post man. I basically said his ceiling was a backup.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

So do a lot of shitty QB's

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Did him a favor. There are fewer practice reps then ever and he wasn't going to get any here.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
FINALLY!

Now all the MORONS around here who actually clamored for this bum to be our #2 can finally shut up about him.

4th quarter pre-season hero lol.

Only Bears fans lol

Now if only you would shut up...

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Pace is an idiot. Connor Shaw-Kendall Wright-Brendan Massie would have been the most prolific offensive trio in the NFC.