Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Bears DE Corey Wootton, who will be a free agent, underwent successful arthroscopic hip sugrery last week.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Huh, look at that, a DE subbing in at DT playing hurt... The hits keep coming.

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
That is more leverage for Phil to get him signed...

Our D was surely a walking wounded crew....

bullsadonisdna

Liked Posts:
Sounds like a minor procedure, he stayed healthy all year long which is a first impressive since he was playing out of position. He is really a DE, his contract will be close to league minimum i imagine, no reason to not resign him to at least be a backup.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Marshall underwent a hip scope last season too, it's probably nothing.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
If anything this gives us some leverage in negotiations, we need all the line help we can get.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sounds like a minor procedure, he stayed healthy all year long which is a first impressive since he was playing out of position. He is really a DE, his contract will be close to league minimum i imagine, no reason to not resign him to at least be a backup.

:kick::slap::shot::turrible::obama::gtfo: Are we copacetic, or did I leave something out?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It means you are completely clueless about football. Find a different sport to talk about. Perhaps one you actually have some knowledge about.

bearbeav

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would.like to see him back. In his FA yr he moved inside without a fit knowing it could hurt his bottom line. Nobody is going to sign him to play inside and he knew that. It meant a lot less tape for all the other teams at the position he need to showcase. That is a true team player. Over the yrs he has shown progress every yr and was setting himself up for a good payday. He was also the best Dlineman we had even when he was on the inside. Not a great compliment when ur playing on the worst line in the game. I hope the bears show him some love for unselflessness. I think he would of had his best yr playing DE on a line with anyother talent on it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
I wasn't impressed with ANY of our Dline this year including Wootton. I understand he was playing out of position most of the season, but I was not impressed, especially if he is seeking an expensive contract.

proton

Liked Posts:
Being a "Team Player" playing out of position cost Wootton a whole bunch of money is my prediction.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
Being a "Team Player" playing out of position cost Wootten a whole bunch of money is my prediction.

Yep, this could be very unfortunate for him. He is much better suited for DE and he was making a lot of progress at that position. However, you can't really pay him top end money because you have no idea what kind of production he will have at DE.

Nick80

Srs. I'd bring him back in the rotation at DE. Rotation being the key.

Not so Srs. Still too much Robot.

JJMPB

Liked Posts:
wait till we find out Peppers had his foot removed after week 1 and was playing all year with a plastic one

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
I don't know what to think with Wooton. Part of me doesn't want him back becuae he is never going to be a big 10 sack a year guy. On the other hand he is izzy 2.0. Good team player and good for depth.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not keeping Izzy ended up being a big mistake, hopefully history won't repeat itself.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wootton is a solid 2 way DE in the mold of Izzy. Probably a little better in the pass rush and not quite as good against the run. But overall very dependable imo. It would be a mistake to let him walk.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am a proud member of the bring back Wootton club. He broke Favre....he can stay in Chicago for life as far as I am concerned.

Solid pass rusher and we need all we can get.